It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chupacabra on CNN?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Live close to San Antonio for about 10 years, next to the 7-11 ranch, seen a lot of mange on wild dogs and coyotes. A close friend was a vet. That was nothing new to me and not a chupacabra, which has still not been proven to exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If it's a dog, it's mother had strange bedfellows. Most of the video of this running backside suggests slow news day or WMDistraction from our not dominating the olympic golds?

I don't think the way it runs suggests abnormally short front legs. But the snout looks pig like. But even if a young wild pig could be that slender but the tail is all wrong. Odd.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
the youtube poster was too inept to include sound.

here's the original new story with sound..

www.mysanantonio.com...

that thing's head is longer than any greyhound or collie that I've ever seen.
freakishly long snout.

chupa = genetic experiments imo

-

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Thanks for the link, I can't watch youtube from here and i couldn't find the article on CNN anymore.

Sure looks weird, but my oppinion is a dog nevertheless. Sure would have like to have seen it caught. Just to get a better look at it.

Nice find

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I just this moment finished watching this after seeing it on Yahoo news, i check the news every hour or so.

I dunno what to think it certainly looks weird.

I remember doing research on this creature a while back but never came to any conclusion about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It runs odd. Like it has way short front legs. I agree it sure isn't a coyote, I have shot many of them, and a coyote doesn't have a head like that. In fact the snout of that creature is HUGE!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

There was a government trapper that use to set up traps at the 7-11 ranch for the coyotes. A bunch of ranches in the area, actually. He would talk about coyotes that would hit his traps, but get away with broken muzzles, legs, etc. and how those would end up being the smart ones that he could never catch. He had pictures, some looked very whacked out after their snout would heal from the traps. Thats what the video reminds me of.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
They've been dubbed Elmendorf Beasts in cryptozoology, I believe. They resemble, well, zombie dogs, and there have been several sightings in Texas ranging from Cuero to Nacogdoches and Lufkin since 2004.

They're appparantly some sort of coyote, either a new or previously unidentified species, or otherwise severly genetically compromised, perhaps by inbreeding or ecological problems. They appear to have severe sarcoptic mange, various deformities, especially of the mouth and teeth, and, allegedly, frail flesh that appears to be rotting or covered in sores.

I live roughly 100 miles from the named towns and saw a chupacabra on the way home from church last Sunday.

It looked like the one in the police video. I did not see wings or glowing eyes or anything of that sort. The only thing that made it look extremely bizarre was the HUGE and weird head on it. Well, that and its back legs being longer than the front legs...it looked like a cross between a dog, a boar, and a kangaroo.

It was startling enough that we (I was with my mother) stopped the car and got out and marked where we had seen it. It ran off into the woods (it had been in the middle of the road, but ran/hopped off when we were about 25' from it.)

It wasn't a coyote.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

That would be a Hyena.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join