It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for for mini/cam camcorder with Infared ability for sky watching/ghost hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
First off I hope it is ok I post this here in this forum, Since this post does in a way have to do with UFO's.
I am not to tech savy and I need some advice. I was looking to buy a used camcorder that has infared technology that can be used for skywatching for UFO's and ghost hunting. I am not sure of the terms to describe these camcorders MiniDV, DVD recorder, dvr? Can someone fill me in on what features I should be looking for and what is a good used model to look for. I want to be able to record and upload to my PC so I am not sure if I should go with a harddrive model or one that records on discs. I think it would be better to have a harddrive instead of buying discs.
So I need some input

Thanks in advance
JASONSPAZ

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Most if not all camcorders can be modded to record outside the visual light spectrum. It's a matter of taking off a protective coating from the target chip and introduction of a filter. This can be done with very old camcorders that you get at yardsales. It should be understood once you've done this to a camcorder you can't go back.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I believe it was a sony camcorder that first came out the the infered technology, but it was quickly discovered that if the infered was used in the daytime it could see through cloths. Since then, around 2000, no really good infered camcorder has been for sale on the market as vorisim was the result.

At any rate your best bet is to mod or have someone do the mod on the camera of your choice. You can buy moded camcorders, you can buy mod kits for camcorders. You might focus on a camcorder with a better lens and lower f-stop on the lens so that you can capture the most light avilable.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't spend your all your money on the camcorder at this point. Get experience first. I would suggest getting the Canon ZR960. It is a miniDV camcorder which will allow you to easily upload and edit your video on MovieMaker (PC) or iMovie on Apple. The ZR960 also allows you to use an external microphone, one of the few at that price that do.
edit on 21-3-2012 by ankaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Try amazon or ebay they have many mini/cam camcorders.

new topics

top topics

join