It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified object over New york

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
August 9 2008 this object was spotted over new york, seems to hover over one spot with a little side to side movement and interesting movement in the air, not the way i would expect an oblect with no control that high and that shape to be swaying in the wind, not turning as it is. There appears to be a light n it at times, stil frames at the end show this..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well at one point in time when the object is 'shape shifting' it apears to look similar to starwars' tie fighter. I'm not quite sure weather I'd say it was fake or not, it carries all the cliche of a crafted video:

Shaky camera, blurry picture, ect.

I'll have to let the proffessional debunkers come take a look-see at this one.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
please do, id appreciate it... it is interesting, and am not sure either way as well... cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
its not black but you get the idea.. balloons just balloons ..
this would be a good video to save for reference..
for part of the if you think you saw a ufo post some time ago.

from a google search..
balloon arch

[edit on 8/12/2008 by chibihogoshino]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It doesnt say: CCCP on it does it?

Because if it does someone needs to call Cheeny real fast.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Balloons??? Are you crazy!? I think it's totally obvious that the mental energies of Star Wars fans around the world have combined to manifest Darth Vader and his Tie Fighter!!

We're so screwed!

To be serious, however, that object looks like something spinning as it moves. It could be one of those balloon things if the shape was right. But it seems like it would have a more translucent look...unless they are opaque black balloons or those foil types, though foil might display some reflective properties. Hmm...who knows.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This looks very similar to the anthony wood videos from
a few years back in the UK,of a morphing ufo
Can`t seem to find anything on here or google though?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is the Anthony Woods UFO-

ca.youtube.com...

I agree, the shapes similar although flight pattern and lights are different.
I'm loving all these strange shaped craft around at the moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looks like an inflatable "3" that got away.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibihogoshino
its not black but you get the idea.. balloons just balloons ..
this would be a good video to save for reference..
for part of the if you think you saw a ufo post some time ago.

from a google search..
balloon arch

[edit on 8/12/2008 by chibihogoshino]

I would have to disagree with this being balloons. Balloons would be rising in the atmosphere, and even if it was just a coincidence that the camera angle and balloons were in line with the prevailing winds, there is no sign of altitude gain that I see. It is a definite UFO or unidentified floating object.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree, baloons would be blowing in the wind harder and rising. Neither of these seem to be happening. And how do you explain the light towards the end that is changing angles?? ufo, though does look like a three at a few points...but not always. Does look very similar to the anthony woods video... good find...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
one word - airshow- people jumping from a plane with a parashute, i have seen the same video somewhere showing a ufo, with helicopters,same antenna and same clouds.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Looks like an inflatable "3" that got away.

rotflmao...that was funny ! hilarious

now that you said that i went and watched the video again and it does seem to be the shape of the number three.

i also find that the object does not appear to change or morph in any way as i first thought... but it simply appears to be rolling over in the sky.

i hate to use the balloon explanation... but it might be one ?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I like it. It doesn't look like a fake GCI creation. It doesn't seem to drift much, as you would expect a balloon to do. The shape is unusual, and not just your average silver mylar birthday balloon. The shiny spot on in the middle of the "3" almost appears to be a light, rather than just a reflection.

I suppose that it just faded off into the distance, or vanished into a cloud? It would help a little to know that.

Otherwise, who knows? I would say that it's probably a balloon of some kind. They don't always drift the way you think they would. It doesn't do anything obviously "alien," like shoot laser beams, or jump from one spot in the video instantaneously to another. That would be cool. But it didn't do that.

Unidentified. Whatever.

Not much of a "debunking," because there's not much there to debunk. It is what it is, whatever it is. Another odd thing seen floating around in the sky.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ok here is a link to where you can buy black balloons shaped in the number three.

www.chicoparty.com...
Number Balloons

not saying the object in the video is definitely a balloon but they do sell them to my surprise....

[edit on 12-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Looks like a raider from the new battlestar gallactica

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
one word - airshow- people jumping from a plane with a parashute, i have seen the same video somewhere showing a ufo, with helicopters,same antenna and same clouds.

uhhhhhhh no. Not an airshow, thank you come again. Its hovering bro.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3 Balloons would be rising in the atmosphere

People always say this but it s not necessarily the case.

Any lighter-than-air inflatable is going to have a limit on how high it can lift itself into the air. At a certain point the weight of the inflatable will reach an equilibrium with the outside atmospheric conditions and it will go no higher. This point could be anywhere from the ground to the upper atmosphere.

Here's that sea turtle balloon video that came through here a little while ago. Watch it as it just cruises by at a stable altitude *LANGUAGE WARNING*...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's not from starwars or battlestar....ITS ONE OF THE GALAGANS!!! For those of you who do not know what a GALAGAN is...they are evil aliens that have evil ships that get close to fighter pilots or any other enemy vessel, release a beam and take the ship!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
it's a UFO that looks like a bird...

the anthony woods video is eerie though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join