It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the sky had no moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
ok so i was chillin with my boy tim driving down wrawick blvd and noticed the moon was very big and orange it was a nice lookin moon, we got back to our houses and walk down the street bs with a few friends and we notice wth no moon the stars were out and the sky was clear and so we all drove around to find it and still no moon there was no report of eclipse or anything so what in the world is going on?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
How long was it from your first sighting of the moon, until you noticed you could no longer see it? The moon moves across the sky and can be in your part of the sky one hour and a few hours later not at all.

I live up in the mountains, so just driving for ten minutes in any direction can drastically alter my view of the sky.

When the moon hangs low on the horizon it looks bigger, brighter and is more likely to have deep, impressive color to it. This is an opinion formed from my own observations, I can't defend it's veracity. However, the moon is usually the most brilliant reds/oranges when it looks really big in the sky.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i noticed it was gone and like i said we went driving around to look for it i noticed it was gone prob like 30 mins after i seen it driving home, after we looked for it i stood out side with my friends chillin for a few hours didnt see it and even called a few friends and other parts of the city and they didnt see it either

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Moon only appears orange just before setting or just after it rises. It appears orange and larger due to its light passing through more and more atmosphere as it approaches the horizon as it reflects more red light.

The moon set while you were driving around. After the moon sets the stars are more visible and brighter.

I noticed something like this a while ago posted. It got me wondering if there are people unaware that the moon rises and sets or that it rises and sets at different times. I'm an old fart, but we were taught things like that in Earth Science classes when we were very young.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywatcher86
ok so i was chillin with my boy tim driving down wrawick blvd and noticed the moon was very big and orange it was a nice lookin moon, we got back to our houses and walk down the street bs with a few friends and we notice wth no moon the stars were out and the sky was clear and so we all drove around to find it and still no moon there was no report of eclipse or anything so what in the world is going on?

Two blondes were sitting on a park bench in New York City.
One girl says to the other, "What's farther away, the Moon or Florida ?"
The other girl says, "Well Duh, you can see the Moon, can't you ?"

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i know that stuff about the moon, why it was orange and big was nt the question, it was early in the night about 2, what im saying is the moon disapeared, was there one min anbd not there 30 mins later i know it moves around but we called around to our friends and they went lookin too and still no moon....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i know that stuff about the moon, why it was orange and big was nt the question, it was early in the night about 2, what im saying is the moon disapeared, was there one min anbd not there 30 mins later i know it moves around but we called around to our friends and they went lookin too and still no moon....

top topics

join