It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Americans Believe in 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

LIVE VOTE

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 94589 responses

Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day: 67%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11: 27%

I'm not sure: 5.4%

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Poll: Majority believes in 9/11 conspiracy

GUIDO H. STEMPEL III and KEVIN CROWE
Scripps Howard News Service

Nearly two-thirds of Americans think it is possible that some federal officials had specific warnings of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, but chose to ignore those warnings, according to a Scripps Howard News Service/Ohio University poll.

An earlier Scripps Howard/Ohio University survey, conducted in July 2006, revealed that more than one-third of Americans thought federal officials assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East.

Comparing the poll results indicates that Americans are increasingly questioning the official government version of the 911 attacks, as time passes.

people.boston.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
They need a follow-up question:

Given your discontent with the 9/11 episode, will you still vote in the two-party system with the belief that your candidate will actually work for you and not against you and bring hope for the future?

I bet that would also be an overwhelming majority of Yes votes.

People are so stupid, they deserve the government that they allow.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
When our last two presidential candidates were Skull and Bones members, while London's Burke's Peerage -- the definitive historical and genealogical record-keepers of royal British, Irish and American families -- claims that every U.S. presidential election has been won by the candidate with the most royal bloodlines, then something is very wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My personal views aside:

Is anyone else fed up with always hearing 'the 9/11 conspiracy' portrayed as something which would bring disrespect to those who died and their families?

I don't hear any truthers saying that those who died were foolish or that they brought it upon themselves. Asserting that it hurts the families seems like a cheap emotional jab.

Using the loss of a family member to help deflect scrutiny seems much more disrespectful to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hi all..

in this video you can tell the media or at least the higher ups in the media were ready for this event..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That NBC news footage really is amazing. I've seen similar YouTube videos a few times before.

Have any of the official believers ever managed to debunk why there's no plane in the live shot, but there's a plane in the late night news shot?

If so, I'd like to see their reasoning.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ya know..I have never met a 9/11 truther in real life. I have never even seen one in real life.

I know when there are 9/11 truth actions in highly populated areas only a handful of people show up. Usually from 1-15 ppl.

I know when I look at Alexa ratings on the web , the top truther sites are less popular than Barney the purple dinosaur... COMBINED

I suppose it helps make one's beliefs appear more valid to exaggerate their numbers.

Does anyone feel that this might be the case?

How do you decide which information is valid , and which inforrmation is not?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
Ya know..I have never met a 9/11 truther in real life. I have never even seen one in real life.

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm guessing by your Skull and Bones avatar and your post history, you're on ATS for one reason and one reason only.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Skull and Bones? What of Johnny Depp? Shill?

I made this OOTIKOF avatar Waaaay back in the 90's it has nothing to do with some Yale frat.. I went to a Southern University.

So, what say you of my questions?

Is there a possiblity that these numbers you claim are exaggerated?

What methods do you use to determine information is to be considered accurate or biased?

I am just wonering why my life expeirence is so much different from these claims.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Here's a simple explanation why all polls are b___s___.

Warning: contains strong language

Enjoy

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke

Here's a simple explanation why all polls are b___s___.

Warning: contains strong language

Enjoy

Ha! A debunker using DeathThreat propaganda artists Penn & Teller to prove their points!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordCarpainter

Ha! A debunker using DeathThreat propaganda artists Penn & Teller to prove their points!

DeathThreat propaganda artists?

I was just trying to interject some comedy into thread, so sue me.

I could write a big spiel on why the OP's poll is useless and does not reflect the majority of the population. But instead I just wanted to add a little humor. Apparently you didn't find it funny. My apologies.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The 9/11 Chronicles: Part One, Truth Rising

Seven years after the attacks of September the 11th, a global awakening has taken place, the likes of which the world has never seen. As the corporate-controlled media dwindles into extinction, a new breed of journalists and activists has emerged.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Lol....we have a 9/11 "truth" group here in central Iowa. The head of the group somehow got a column into the local paper. We started a dialogue on the paper's website, with me showing all the evidence why his "beliefs' did not match up to the facts.....and, as with most truthers, he dropped to posting insults and slurs about me, rather than showing that the there was something wrong with my evidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
[delete] You're right, unnecessary response to an unnecessary post.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That would be West Des Moines, Iowa, and I was posting along with what taxi-driver posted.

Must have hit pretty close to the mark though.....got you all riled up.

BTW Moderators......I take golden's post as an insult.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
he dropped to posting insults and slurs about me, rather than showing that the there was something wrong with my evidence.

So where's your forensic evidence that identifies the alleged planes that were allegedly used to hit the towers?

Please show me how the alleged wreckage matches serial numbers to identify the two alleged Boeings that were used.

You'll have no problems doing that, if you have all of the evidence, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am going to build a bunker in my backyard to protect me from the false flag alien invasion that john Lear says is going to kill us all!
I have a lead cup to protect my jimmies from the radioactive laser beams that the aliens will certainly fire at me!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBobert
I am going to build a bunker in my backyard to protect me from the false flag alien invasion that john Lear says is going to kill us all!

Where did John state that the false-flag alien attack will kill us all?

Please show me. If you can't, then you're making up stories.

We all know that John said that there could be a false-flag alien attack, however, I don't recall him saying that we're all going to die.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Its been posted before Tezza..and you did not accept then. Why go to the trouble of reposting it now?

Nobody let you poke around the sites to see for yourself. Nothing I (or anyone else) post will shake you from your viewpoints.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join