It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever had a dream like this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
ok well, one night i was sleeping and i had this really strange dream.
i was in my kitchen, which looks on into the lounge room.
we have a new house that has windows running virtually most of the driveway.
This dream felt so real and it scared the hell out of me. there is a little tunnel type thing inbetween my kitchen and lounge, i was standing in this, it goes for about a metre or so.. more like an archway.
in the dream i was looking out the windows in the lounge of the driveway. everything was pitch black but i could still see everything in the room.. and not like my eyes were adjusted to the light either it was a very weird feeling. i noticed that all the windows were broken and the blinds were torn off and on the ground. i stood there watching the windows as if i was waiting for something. then i hear this *hmmmmmmmm* like the hum of electicity. then i see this ball of white / blue light make its way down my driveway.
it then goes on the road and makes a left and disappears. at this very moment my dream ends and i wake up..

anyone ever had a dream like this or have any ideas WHY i could of had a dream like this? all input would be appreciated. thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So i'm no sleep expert or dream analyst but, just curious, what were you thinking before you went to bed? Anything paranormal related?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No, i dont remember thinking anything like that.
i was talking about my future job options with my parents

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It is probably an astral dream. These are so lucid people have suffered physical and psychological changes in heart, bp, and other sensations. They are considered rare because they are recalled when the person wakes and have caused some people to die due to the severity of the experience in the dream. Again this is extremely rare to suffer anything that serious.

As far as the light I cannot give a precise analysis but I would reference perhaps the location of where your dream was occurred at a place such as the mountains where bright floating orbs are seen. They are paranormal and unexplained by science.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
the weird thing about the blue and white light is that, i was sleepin over at a mates house about, 2 weeks after.
hes bedroom blinds were open (looks about a metre then a fence with vines over it)

we saw the blue light wash into the room, completely blinding, exact same blue and white light (while we were conscious) well, rather i only saw it..
all his power cut out when i saw this and a 'ZZZZZZZZ' sound occured which he heard.

after the blinding light, the same colour appeared but it was like torches were being flashed into his bedroom. i then fell asleep and when i woke up it really disturbed me.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by morigun
It is probably an astral dream. These are so lucid people have suffered physical and psychological changes in heart, bp, and other sensations. They are considered rare because they are recalled when the person wakes and have caused some people to die due to the severity of the experience in the dream. Again this is extremely rare to suffer anything that serious.

They reported the dreams before dying? I'm just wondering since if they're dead they most likely can't tell you anything. If I recall dreams upon waking does that make me unusual? That seems like the norm rather than a rare occurrence.

I'm not trying to be overly critical but that seems like an odd criterion for "rare".

I've also been killed (shot, stabbed, falling from a height) in many dreams only waking up when I actually die in the dream and not before I die; I'm pretty sure I'm still around.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I had this dream, and wondered why the baseball was getting bigger and bigger.
Then it hit me...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I once had a dream (at least I think it was a dream, but it was eerily vivid) when I was about 12 where I was in my bedroom facing the windows that have a view of my driveway. When all of a sudden there was this blinding light and an unidentifiable sound started thrumming into my head. Next thing I know I see this huge strange object with red, blue, white, and green lights. Then there was a blinding white light coming from the object. The last thing I remember is not being able to see, due to the bright light, then waking up the next morning with cold sweats.... Probably just my overactive imagination working up strange dreams, but the OP reminded me of it. Heh, hadn't thought of that one in a long time.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Everyone has that.

It's the exact moment that puberty kicks in...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ravinsomniac---

Uh-huh. o.o Sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in any way relative to puberty. And I must say that your sarcasm, if that's what it was suppose to be, is rather unbecoming.

pleaseiwannaknow---

Were there any significant changes in yourself or your surroundings the day after the dream? Just wondering, I'm quite the curious person so, sorry in advance if I start to ask too many questions. (It's a bit of a bad habit, I suppose.)
Hah

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wow, Ravin managed an ignore from me even before he/she reached 40 points!! Woohoo!!

It seems like he/she came on here just to razz people in their threads. This isn't the only one I saw that on.

But, OP... your experience at your friends house with the bright blue flash happened to quite a number of people a few weeks ago. You should do a search and find the thread.

I'm willing to wager that your dream had something to do with this experience. What I don't know is what your dreams were trying to tell you about your experience.

Use your natural instincts. What do they say? Usually we have a pretty good sense of things that are happening, we just don't trust ourselves enough.

Interesting dream, maybe you should start keeping a dream journal.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yeah, ive had a few weird dreams before.. usually the night before something happens like all the lights, usually i wake up in my wardrobe and absolutely freezing cold which isnt very nice i must admit.. and ive never had signs of sleep walking and i was tested for it a while ago

as to the changes the day after the dream, there was... it was the lights on the bay in melbourne, which i must say was very eventful, lots of lights chasing each other then ducking into the ocean, things flashing at us etc..

i was also thinking about keeping a dream journal, because whenever i have one of those dreams i can always remember it in small detail, just have never got around to it, and my parents search my room quite regulary and would yell at me and take the book if they saw it probably

[edit on 14-8-2008 by pleaseiwannaknow]

new topics

top topics

join