It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Let me begin by saying that I lurked on ATS for years before ever creating my screen name. I remember lurking here when John Titor was new. I have watched the conspiracy ethusiast community for years from the sidelines and in that time I have made an observation. Or at least I think I have.

The conspiracy movement as a whole seems to be getting Dumber.

At first I thought this was simply the effect of so many minds working on old conspiracy theories that had lain half chewn in the corner for decades. In the beginning, people meeting on ATS were investigators who had a chance to share and exchange notes for the first time in some cases.

It was only natural that after these gifted individuals had debuked the most popular ones that those still attracted to such debunked theories would be of less than stellar intellect.

But then I noticed something pernicious. The most intelligent, thoughtful and careful Conspiracy investigators were getting shouted down by the most wild eyed theorists, and as a result, there seem to be more Pro-John Titor posters on ATS now than when he was new.

At first I could contribute this to simple human ignorance and sensationalism, but I no longer beleive this to be the case.

I now beleive there is a massive Conspiracy of Ignorance being perpetrated from the highest levels of the United Nations, and that reducing the IQ of Conspiracy INVESTIGATORS is its primary objective.

Every time we give creedence to some wild eyed theory based soley on bad evidence or shoddy thinking the ILLUMINATI wins!

Every time we uncritically buy into the latest pie plate UFO the Bilderbergers get closer to Bar-B-Queing our children!

We must strive for the intelligence of ATS past, or the Tri-lateral Comission wins!

Deny Ignorance and Stop the Reptilians for Good!

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
hmm you had me with you right up untill you mentioned reptillians ...

but anyway, when your dealing with Conspiracy theories i guess the biggest problem is the fact that there is little evidence for or against so on the whole we have groups like ATS and for a lack of a better description we end up chasing our own tail.

Every now and again some one will try to present a hoax, the debunkers try to use this hoax as a solid peice of evidence that everything thats been presented are also hoaxes, but the CT's are adamant that there is more going on than what is being disclosed.

The CT's cant prove most of their claims and the debunkers cant prove their claims so the arguments will continue untill there is a single peice of evidence one way or the other as to wether something is fact or fiction.

it all comes down to the individual to weigh up whats possible, whats probable and whats totally absurd and continue their journey of discovery untill they find the evidence for or against their belief.

there are some here that would believe you are also trying to fulfil the agenda of the illuminati, by disregarding potential conspiracies

who knows what the truth is, i guess if we knew the truth we wouldnt need to gravitate to ATS

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

When did we change from being conspiracy investigators to being conspiracy theorists? And how do we get back?

And we need to get back, or the micro black holes created by the LHC will cause nibiru to accelerate to superluminal speeds before crashing straight through our hollow earth!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It's a two way street you're going down man.

You believe in Reptilians, Illuminati are real, and that the Bilderberg group is involved in conspiracies, but lots of people think they're false conspiracies.

Especially the Reptilian part, that made me crack up 'cuz it seemed ironic. Talking about ending the dumb conspiracies then mentioning Reptilians.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
It's a two way street you're going down man.

You believe in Reptilians, Illuminati are real, and that the Bilderberg group is involved in conspiracies, but lots of people think they're false conspiracies.

Especially the Reptilian part, that made me crack up 'cuz it seemed ironic. Talking about ending the dumb conspiracies then mentioning Reptilians.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by ben420]

That was the point. What better way to highlight the issue I am discussing than by lampooning them?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
reply to post by Demandred

When did we change from being conspiracy investigators to being conspiracy theorists? And how do we get back?

And we need to get back, or the micro black holes created by the LHC will cause nibiru to accelerate to superluminal speeds before crashing straight through our hollow earth!

good question, the problem stems from the fact that although useful in information dissemination the internet is also a quagmire of disinformation also, when something out of the ordinary happens the only thing that most people can do on ATS is theorise about possible causes, if there is evidence provided then there are some here on ATS who can usually pull the image apart and investigate some of the more obvious hoaxes.

but ultimatley there is only so much that can be done for the average joe ats member, i think the biggest problem is that some people are too quick to jump one way or the other without any real discussion or thoughts on possible alternatives and many discussions often even with the best efforts of the Mods get derailed or just turn into a mud slinging match.

other who produce other sites as references whom for what ever reason feel they are credible are met with just as rabid resistance by those who do not consider them credible, in a way im the same in some respects mention the name david icke and then click go's the close button

probably a good step is to come to some sort of agreement as to who the majority of people feel has credibility either in the scientific world or the MSM etc also come up with a criteria of what constitutes credible evidence.

if you feel that a post has no merit and is debunkable then also a criteria as to what is considered the proper method in debunking a false claim..

top topics

join