It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Concept of "Free will" is a lie!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I haven't read all the pages, so forgive me if this is redundant. However, it seems to me that this entire conversation is wrapped up in semantics to the point where there is no real dedication to understanding the true nature of free will.

Of course if free will is demonstrated mostly by choice, and most choices are prisoners of there own circumstances, a gray area is inevitable. That gray area really changes the comprehension of the definition.

Let's say you've spent your life developing and unfurling your self to the point of full disclosure of spirit. I this case, your aims and goals may be predicated on a higher conception. I want to change the world with the insight I have become aware of so far in my life. I chose to share this information with the world. It is my free will to effort to change the way humans look at their days. If this was my free will, would the circumstances surrounding how I achieved this really matter?

Just asking...

AAC

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just wanted to drop by and say very nice thread S.o.T. I appreciate it and I'm glad you brought it out into the public area. Too much of the truth is never enough until it's ubiquitously known.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Any one who believes in free will does not understand the term, or does not live in this world. Its amazing how people think free will is buying a playstation 3.

You have half fate, and half something else, free will is not in it at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its amazing how people think free will is buying a playstation 3.

I don't spend my money on any such things. If, one day, I wanted to, it would be free will all the same. The critical error is you cannot prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Well, thank ou for the kind words. I do as much as I can to disseminate what I know.
After all, what good is knowledge if not shared?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JesterMan

you decided to clap because you wanted to prove that free will existed, that was your impetus, and that is also your downfall, for you just proved that freewill does not exist and that external factors do impact on your actions because you decided to act in attempts to prove something.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
in a worldly sense they're isnt free will but in the way i will be explaining, there is free will in a sense. now if i say i do things i dont really want to do, many will say, well wheres your will? well, my will is there because i "dont want" to do these things even though i do them. if we are living in a controlled world, then most likely the "concept" of free will is flawed. the first haters hated on individuality most likely.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Unless we evolve again and become more intelligent, this is a subject people will be caught in a never ending cycle on. We aren't capable of understanding it or "the meaning of life" at the moment.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Don't get over excited. If you looked into it deeply enough, you would see that all concepts are a lie. The truth is greater than any concept, or what any mind can envision. Of course, you will get plenty of people here who will argue the opposite point (That we have free will). But they too will be using concepts which only ever paint an incomplete truth.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

I realize that I have raised more questions than I have answered. However, it is something that I have thought about for quite some time. I'd be interested in hearing what others thought on this topic. Do you believe in "free will." If so, why? If not, why not?

I think the age-old discussion of whether free will or not free will is a false dichotomy, a waste of time. Which is true? Both are. We are gifted with free will up to a certain point, but beyond that point we shed our ego and surrender to the divine.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
We are gifted with free will up to a certain point, but beyond that point we shed our ego and surrender to the divine.

And then our freedom becomes infinite, and we are at last set free to freely love as we are loved, set free for the sake of freedom where our hearts innermost desire is in perfect congruent alignment with the highest will of the divine. Imagine that..?!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
And then our freedom becomes infinite, and we are at last set free to freely love as we are loved, set free for the sake of freedom where our hearts innermost desire is in perfect congruent alignment with the highest will of the divine. Imagine that..?!

Yeah. Thats rather pleasant.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join