It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Concept of "Free will" is a lie!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draves
Everything is about control. How can we actually have control? Is that possibly why we create so many of systems of control? Maybe deep down we all know we are helpless and the control systems we supposedly created are a reflection of our underlying chaos. .

I am inclined to agree. Honestly, once one figures out that everything in the system of mammon is about power and control, you become almost confident of what you just said.

If one looks at the concept of free will, it becomes obvious that it mean that we have some control. Humans like feelling control. When someone says that there is not free will and show why there may not be, it makes people feel vulnerable.

There are a list of questions that arise in the mind of an individual when they think that free will is false.

1. Who/what is in control?
2. Why is it controlling?
3What does it mean in regard to the future?

et cetera.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

There is an Oxford professor of philosophy that suggests we're all living a huge computer simulation made by aliens.

tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com...

Well, to me, it is more like a thought in the mind of God. God thinks it and we do it. Follow me? Once God has lost his use for us, we "die."

[edit on 12-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Ah well if you're going to look at predictions and deja vu or premonitions ... that always makes me think of wrinkles in timelines or overlapping universes... fun stuff.

May or may not mean everything is predestined - but it is tricky hey

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Honestly, being a "new ager," I'd like to believe in free will. I really would. However, the longer I live and analyze things, the less sure I am of it, or even of its relevance.

I mean, I would like to think that humanity has free will and the ability to change its current path, et cetera. However, I'm just not sure that we're not irreversibly condemned to meet our predicted destination.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I'm aware of the truth behind this site though, more importantly, I believe in full disclosure. The Globalist perspective is upon us whether one is ready or not. We live in a different world, that of which is in our hands to advance or destroy, given the tools man now has at 'his' disposal. Yes, we need to come together as a people and re-construct our philosophies and belief systems for the advancement of mankind but at the same time we MUST do what is right for the advancement of mankind. Remember, an unseen hand of justice is at work in the universe and those that choose to transgress 'natural law' set forth by our creator will suffer the consequences. Use the information (data mining) accrued here for the betterment of mankind or it will end up being a futile attempt at that which the world needs most....security from our own selfish ends and individual ambitions at the expense of the 'other'. Press for the unadulterated truth of which is self evident in nature itself, of which is our Creator's will and perhaps man may rediscover the truth in each other. No more divisions including 'party politics'. Absolve 'organizations' of which only divide mankind into 'controlled entities'. No more democratic, republican parties to be purchased by the monetarily gifted and well connected for those kinds of peoples know fully well that satisfaction escapes them due to the violations incurred to their percieved 'subjects' and hence retribution of which follows by that 'unseen' hand of justice of which soars above the 'violators' of jurisprudence. Sapience before judgement. Will mankind ever learn? Of course, though at what cost?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The greatest chatacter to ever exist in a ficticous work IMHO is the Merovingian, whom I shall now quote:

"Choice is an illusion created between zose wis power and zose wisout."

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Don't forget that one human may take the life of another at their discretion, assuming they know how, therefor one should be careful how they conduct themselves in society. Besides the 'unseen' hand mentioned before in prior post, we are all responsible unto each other and therefor should respect the life and liberty of another for our 'Creator' endowed humans with dominion over each other and to respect the liberty of their neighbor. Enlightenment is a word tossed around for various reasons/motives though our Creator holds the scales of justice (golden mean) of which is to be adhered to by humanity if one is to earn a long and treasured life in accordance to the 'human laws' set forth in 'our' little universe and he empowered mankind with the innate power of choice to 'do unto others as we would have done unto ourselves. Regardless of the book of scripture one abscribes, the message is the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Words and syntax are limited in and of themselves in our expression unto another. Before 'scriptures' came into existence, man had to relate to another and our Creator with sapience inherent exclusive to the human species.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A 'Blessed' existence, for lack of a better 'word' is granted to those whom adhere to laws of nature found in nature itself of which was created by our Creator and is therefor the ultimate guide to truth. Truth is self-evident whether it is acquired through the five senses or through 'intellect' of which is unique among the human species here on Earth. As our Earth circumferences our Sun at 67,000 miles per hour (for purpose of perspective) our species is insignificant in the higher realm of things though there are earthly residents of whom wish to continue to play a role of 'significance' among his fellow man. Such behavior is futile and foolish in the eyes of our Creator and humbled in due time of which is finite in terms creation itself. Flesh is just that and nothing more in the eyes of our Creator. The spirit (energy) of one is neither destoryed or created...only recycled. Humans will only begin to grasp the essence of our Creator and will never even come close to understanding the essence or metaphysical being of our Creator.
True salvation and living may be found in self sufficiency:
Grow own food.
Build own house.
Source own water.
Connection with another.
Exploring the wonders of the natural world.
Self deriven sources of power (modern solar, hydro, wind etc.) now available via mankinds advancement in the areas of energy independence.
True power is independence of a man-made world and appreciation of nature of which is of our Creator's making and our revelation unto truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It appears America as well as Great Brittain in all its absortion of different cultures needs a reminder of what made it great and what the 'patriot' past and present had in mind. Though neither country achieved 'perfection' they were 'enlightened' by that which was 'naturally' enlightening due to the inherent 'truth' found in such 'words' regardless of how limited these 'words' are in and of themselves.
One should regard the 'truth' as that which:
Is self-evident:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I, personally know of no other way to advance modern 'society' in it's current state of 'confusion'.

I want and desire no publicity and will refuse any offer for disclosure as to whom I am or where my loyalties lye. My loyalties are to my Brethren consisting to all inhabitants of this 'depressed' world.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
On another note:

It appears the Likud party in Israel is responsible for much harm done unto the USA and host nations since of autonomy.
This is the assessment of which after investigation one will find 'conclusive'.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
as long as there remains a right way, and a wrong way

there will never be unity, nor peace

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Do you care to explain your 'assumption'.
It appears, at the surface of your assumptions, an explanation of your logic.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oceanaut1

not really an assumption than more an axiom

peace is the absence of conflict

as long as there IS conflict or a division of the whole, then peace cannot be realized "en mass", only individually

unity is the lack of duality, right and wrong is a dualistic concept

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, obviously, if the idea of free will is false then any discussion abou the future is moot. If free will is indeed a fact, then I suggest humanity start using it for the good.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here is an interesting point:

The fact is, everyone relies upon both senses of freedom, the contracusal and the contestual, indaily living. Yet it is the contextual type of freedom that most in the psychic communities appear to rely on. It might be argued, independent of this discussion, that belief in contracausal freedom has no basis in fact. Regardless of what you choose, there had to be some reasons for causes for your decision. No decision to act can spring from nothing. When a psychic affirms your freedom, he or she means one of two things: (1) You are not being forced into a certain course of events which he or she sees; (2) Nothing, including that vision, is constraining your desire or decision to move in a certain direction. It is your choice to make. This is not to say you could have done otherwise under identical circumstances. It is to say that your decision reflects your interests, needs and critical reflection. As far as freedom is concerned, the contextual variety is of critical significance for psychic predictions.

Free will

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Here is an interesting point:

The fact is, everyone relies upon both senses of freedom, the contracusal and the contestual, indaily living. Yet it is the contextual type of freedom that most in the psychic communities appear to rely on. It might be argued, independent of this discussion, that belief in contracausal freedom has no basis in fact. Regardless of what you choose, there had to be some reasons for causes for your decision. No decision to act can spring from nothing. When a psychic affirms your freedom, he or she means one of two things: (1) You are not being forced into a certain course of events which he or she sees; (2) Nothing, including that vision, is constraining your desire or decision to move in a certain direction. It is your choice to make. This is not to say you could have done otherwise under identical circumstances. It is to say that your decision reflects your interests, needs and critical reflection. As far as freedom is concerned, the contextual variety is of critical significance for psychic predictions.

Free will

aaahh as I said before, it is the "context" that creates the conundrum, NOT the nature of free will

If free will were used responsibly and in a manner that does not make us a slave to even ourselves...

then the context can be CHANGED in our "favor", to NOT be our master

then we can realize true freedom

I am sure we could find harmony with cause and effect and use it to our advantage instead of being its slave

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Heretic

I am sure we could find harmony with cause and effect and use it to our advantage instead of being its slave

Well, I mean, in order for that to happen we simply hav to understand cause and effect. If you run into a middle of a a busy highway and get struck by a vehicle the cause is you running into the oad and the effect is being struckby a vehicle. How do you avoid that? Don't run into the road.

I am sort of being facetious, but that is really what it boils down to.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Free will exists.

I'll tell you why.

There is only one time. Now. In the now everything happens, happened and will happen. You, due to your limited awareness can exist in only one slice of the so called time cake.

In this slice you decide what your next expericence will be. But even before you chose it, the experience and choise already existed in the Now. You only chose one from an infinite of possibilities.

So at the same time your action was predetermined because it existed before you chose it, but at the same time by choosing it you made only one possible reality manifest itself from a infinite potential which also exists.

There you have if, a small paradox, do you have free will if anything you chose already existed?

Choosing one reality instead of another, even if both exists in the same way, makes me think you do have free will to experience what you desire. And soner or later you will experience all potential realities, its a matter of awareness, not time.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Pericle]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join