It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those of you wanting to lose weight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hello people. I just wanted to post this up to give those people looking to lose weight some support. I've been big all my life and have tried a lot of crazy diets. None really worked or worked long. I'd lose a little weight then put it back on. Well about a month ago I finally got tired of myself and decided enough was enough. I decided to not go on some strange diet or take pills designed for weight loss. I take a multivitamin with some green tea extract, thats it.

All I've been doing is lifting weights, walking occasionally and watching the amount of food i eat. I don't count anything or weigh out anything, just eat what looks like a reasonable portion for an average meal. Yes it was hard the first few days, my brain and stomach were accustomed to more food and kept telling me i was starving but i wasn't.

I've lost 22 lbs as of today in almost 4 weeks. It feels good, I have way more energy and I am not craving food. I just want to let you all know that if someone like me can do it then anyone can. It will take some time but once you get going you will feel much better overall and will realize that you will be motivated to keep that feeling going.

So to all of you out there in the process or just starting you can do it and I hope you get to the weight you think is best for your well being.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
congratulations! Keep it up!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

Hey Angry, good work.
keep us up to date on how you are going with it.
starred you, i love a positive thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Today was the first time I've properly exercised in around 3 or 4 years. It felt amazing and I still do feel really good now.

I used to go running every night 3 or 4 years ago and I lost a large amount of weight, my confidence and fitness was at it's highest and I felt awesome, then I stopped running and I gained weight.

Also, I've put on weight in the last year due to drinking too much alcohol and well, being lazy and I decided enough was enough. I bought a treadmill last week because I know if I just go running outside, I will get bored of it but because I bought a treadmill, I know that I don't want to waste hard-earned money and I will use it every day.

I'm 100% determined to lose weight and reach an ideal weight of around 170lbs.

[edit on 1/9/08 by xeroxed88]

new topics

top topics

join