It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saakashvili says Georgia forced into war with Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Saakashvili says Georgia forced into war with Russia

en.rian.ru

TBILISI, August 11 (RIA Novosti) - Georgia's President Mikheil Saakashvili accused Russia on Monday of forcing his country into war, and said Georgia is battling for its independence.

Saakashvili's televised address, which comes three days after Georgian forces launched a ground and air offensive to seize control over breakaway South Ossetia, was swiftly rejected by the Russian Foreign Ministry, which said it was "full of disinformation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Saakashvili is a clown... look what he is saying now... after ordering to attack, 2000+/- deaths later... his trying to look like a victim... what a nut case!

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You are the nutcase if you believe the russian propaganda - he WAS duped into the conflict by the attacks carried out by russian backed and armed separatists

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
You are the nutcase if you believe the russian propaganda - he WAS duped into the conflict by the attacks carried out by russian backed and armed separatists

2000 civilian deaths are Russian propaganda? "Duped"? How? Attacking a city and killing 2000 civilians?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CTPAX

Well, they will let him on CNN stat, so it comes as no surprise. Expect to hear this tweet all week.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente

2000 civilian deaths are Russian propaganda? "Duped"? How? Attacking a city and killing 2000 civilians?

OK, let me educate you a bit -

There is a tense situation between S-Ossetia and Georgia... S-ossetia is full of russian backed separatists, many of whome actually ARE russian volunteers. there are shots fired, people killed. Georgia declares a one-sided ceasefire to keep teh situation from escalating. The russian backed separatists however keep attacking ever more intensly, killing georgians and attacking into Georgian territory proper.

Gerorgia has no other option than to send troops into S-Ossetia to stop the attacks. russia has been waiting exactly for this - they send in they heavy forces. Georgia is now in control of S-Ossetian capital and Russians are attacking it.. shelling and using rockets, tanks, you name it.

You wonder... how did those civilians die? Caught in the line of fire, most probably killed by advancing russians, some probably also by Georgian troops. Or do you really believe that the good russki-s always hit only the guys they invade and do you really think they actually care about the Ossetian freedom?

funny

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Yupp, something sounds fishy with the Russians. I don't understand why the Georgians will set themselves up for failure.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

OK, let me educate you a bit -

There is a tense situation between S-Ossetia and Georgia... S-ossetia is full of russian backed separatists, many of whome actually ARE russian volunteers. there are shots fired, people killed. Georgia declares a one-sided ceasefire to keep teh situation from escalating. The russian backed separatists however keep attacking ever more intensly, killing georgians and attacking into Georgian territory proper.

Gerorgia has no other option than to send troops into S-Ossetia to stop the attacks. russia has been waiting exactly for this - they send in they heavy forces. Georgia is now in control of S-Ossetian capital and Russians are attacking it.. shelling and using rockets, tanks, you name it.

You wonder... how did those civilians die? Caught in the line of fire, most probably killed by advancing russians, some probably also by Georgian troops. Or do you really believe that the good russki-s always hit only the guys they invade and do you really think they actually care about the Ossetian freedom?

funny

"OK, let me educate you a bit - " Indeed "funny"

What on earth are you talking about? Where did you get your propaganda? Good russki-s did not invade anyone... they were defending S.Osetia from Georgia... Turn off American BS sources and go educate your self a bit... Shelling whole night by Georgian troops with heavy artillery , locking houses with people in them and burning, thats what caused 2000 deaths.. Russian, S.Osetian sources say this... now who should i belive you who is sitting in US and reading American crap news... or actual sources where it's all happening... not only that but I got background on this matter... whole my life i lived in Georgia... so please dont tell me BS... Georgia started it no matter how you look at this... the president him self said that he will take back S. Osetia.. now how the hell did Russia pressure him to say that... or pressure to do things his done? What about American Citizen who was in S. Osetia at the time when the attack started by Georgians... why you dismiss him? Georgia never took over city... there was nothing left in any case...

[edit on 12-8-2008 by CTPAX]

top topics

join