It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temporal feeback loop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There has always been skepticism over the possibility of time travel but we must look at the fact s and axioms that we know correlate with the data we have AND with the hypothetical and theoretical possibilities that surround the phenomena. (I say phenom, mainly because there IS a connection to what a being thinks and does)

There are a few trains of thought:

A) If it were GOING to happen ahead of now it did already.
B) The present is THE only absol;ute for any being.
C) One can only (E=MC2) be travel forward.

Looking at that just as a base to work with (possibles and impossibles do not exist except in the confines of linear human conception, thus making specualtion infinite) we must consider finally absolutes which thus far we do not becasue of our imagination and logic as both infinite and indivisible.

I will follow up this as well as other theoreticals in 'future' hehe, speculations but to keep it simple now: Anyone can look at their path and consider that the details of their memories COULD be falsified if for example Wayne Gretsky never played hockey but yesterday someone went back and made it so he did, we all remembered a history without him until today but after the temporal distortion of lines of causality, we all do not remember a time he did not play hockey. As the planet is a magetic warp field generator anyway we would all (if the distortion occured ON earth) be subject to a unanimous acceptance of the altered state and all accept that the new reality or perceptiojn thereof was correct and intact. Unnoticed or remembered would be the line he did not.

Complex, but not really. I would like to soon upload my data and analysis of geometries and my new radified G.U.T. for I believe that Einstein's famous equation is only half of the complete theory. Peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That assumes that multiple universes don't exit. The alternative would be a spin off from the original timeline (did anyone say 'John Titor' ?).

In timeline A, Wayne Gretsky (whoever he is) played hockey. Then Pisky gets a time machine and returns to Wayne Gretsky's childhood and trains him to be a concert pianist. With the multiple Universe theory, a second timeline is made - A spin off. Timeline B, where Gretsky is a concert pianist and the world never knew him as anything else. Timeline A still exists, so we have two universes - one in which Gretsky plays hockey, one where he is a concert pianist.

The only way Pisky could possibly return to Timeline A is to return to his point of entry and stop himself from retraining Gretsky. Gretsky would then never become a pianist, and Timeline B would never exist.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
Complex, but not really. I would like to soon upload my data and analysis of geometries and my new radified G.U.T. for I believe that Einstein's famous equation is only half of the complete theory. Peace.

I'm looking forward to reading this. It is really difficult to make a working Grand Unified Theory. It probably has to do with you saying that E=mc^2 prevents backwards time travel. I am really interested in seeing how you (think you) unified gravity and the 3 other forces. If it works, can you probably collect the Nobel Prize in 30 years or something.

To be honest, I don't expect much groundbreaking. Magnetic warp field generator?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i do belive that there is a way to travel forward in time, but like some people do say, if you would travel forward in time, each time would be different, Ex: if you traveled forward in time, the future would be extremely or slightly different than if you never traveled in time at all. that and i do think its the same way with backwards time travel, but with a twist, if you traveled back in time, you would lose everything of you, most of your memories back to that point, the time machine it's self, and thats why we have deja vu'. its because at one point weve been there, and we are completing a huge temporal loop. people who have never experienced deja vu' have never traveled in time. so yes, time travel IS possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
dont travel foward, you stop and let it pass

going back is what requires traveling

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well take this example:
You build a timemachine that can transport objects back into the past. You are going to teleport an eraser exactly 2 hours into the past. today is the 1st day of the month. (just asuming) Now imagine you have prepped everything and it is 5 o clock on the 1st. You are planning to send the eraser back in time on the 2nd at 6 o clock. You do your daily chores but at 6 o clock on the 1st (today or the "now" if you wil) an eraser appears. this would mean that on the 2nd (tomoorow) you have sent this eraser back in time. But what wouold it mean if you wait till the2nd and then NOT send the eraser back in time? that would mean that that eraser would not have appeared in the first place. yet it did which means you did send it. What would happen? some sort of temperal error? the destruction of the universe?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i think that if the eraser did appear, and it wasnt supposed to, because you decided to not send it, that means, that someone, or even you, in a more future (or past) could of sent that eraser, to the exact time and place that you wanted it sent to. there is a reason for everything

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
no, what im talking about is that when you usually have dreams, its about usually emotions and things that you have in your life, so, wouldnt dreams kind of be like a review of the things u learned in these so called "lessons of life?"

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good question. I don't have a lot of scientific basis/proof for what I am about to state, but I have beleive it long before John Titor came along. There is an infinite number of nows that exist because there are an infinite number of timelines. Therefore, if in the future, someone were to send something back in time (you in this instance), there is no gaurantee that it would ever hit your timeline. In fact, that event would probably start an entirely new one (only subtly different from what it was before if we stick to your eraser example).

If this is how it works (which I believe it is), then it is a pretty good explanation for a TON of stuff, that isn't within the scope of this topic, so I digress.

-P

Originally posted by Mistro
Well take this example:
You build a timemachine that can transport objects back into the past. You are going to teleport an eraser exactly 2 hours into the past. today is the 1st day of the month. (just asuming) Now imagine you have prepped everything and it is 5 o clock on the 1st. You are planning to send the eraser back in time on the 2nd at 6 o clock. You do your daily chores but at 6 o clock on the 1st (today or the "now" if you wil) an eraser appears. this would mean that on the 2nd (tomoorow) you have sent this eraser back in time. But what wouold it mean if you wait till the2nd and then NOT send the eraser back in time? that would mean that that eraser would not have appeared in the first place. yet it did which means you did send it. What would happen? some sort of temperal error? the destruction of the universe?

top topics

join