It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coney Island Mob beats Ex-Marines rescuing girl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A wolf pack of at least 30 thugs viciously attacked two hero ex-Marines in Brooklyn after they rescued a teenage girl who was being assaulted, police and witnesses said yesterday.

he former leathernecks, Valentyn Olenyev, 23, and Boris Bukler, 22, Russian émigrés who served tours in Iraq, were walking a female friend to her parked car on West 23rd Street at 12:30 a.m. when they spotted two men holding the screaming teen by her hands and legs.

The two former Marines, meanwhile, insist that the violence had racial overtones, although the assault has not been labeled a bias crime.

Bukler said, "Those in the crowd were yelling, 'Hey, white boys, you're in the 'hood now!' We were yelling back, 'We don't care - we live here!'

Read entire article

Imagine the uproar if the races were reversed.

Cases like this are proof that:

-Unconstitutional hate crime laws are useless anyways

- There is a double standard when it comes to blacks perpetrating violence upon whites. If the victims were black, the attack would be headlines for days with scumbags like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton leading little protests.

Moderator-Note: Title Edited. Titles must match the News Articles.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i have to say, you hit the nail on the head. i reall have nothing else to add. good post

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is seriously and truly FUBAR.

Whats even more FUBAR however is these kinds of things seem to be happeing more often.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yet another horrible example of the brain [and heart]-dead divisiveness tearing our great nation apart. These stories make me sick on so many levels. But this, school shootings, the LA race riots, egomaniacal teens and twentysomethings, race-baiting [!!!], movies like '300', MSNBC vs. FOX, the corporate oligarchy pwning the MSM...the list goes on and on and on...

IF there is an NWO-type conspiracy continually eroding our safety, mentality, and freedom, then all of this would fit perfectly into such an evil, soulless plan.

God bless America.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Op. good post and great commentary. It has not been established as a "bias crime". ROFL! I have to wonder if the increase of posts of this nature means people are awaking up, or if I just notice them more.

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
movies like '300',

Hey 300 was a great movie. And if the Iranians took issue with it they were just being a bit picky, it was obviously fantasy based to an extreme. I don't think anyone actually believes Darius the Great was 20 feet tall with overt supernatural powers.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

movies like '300',

Yes, Because two men attempting to defend a woman being beaten by 50 men is the same thing as a movie that pissed some oversensitive idiots off.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
- There is a double standard when it comes to blacks perpetrating violence upon whites. If the victims were black, the attack would be headlines for days with scumbags like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton leading little protests.

I couldn't have said it any better myself, there is a huge double standard and hate crimes are at the epicenter of that problem, along with affirmative action. They're essentially new-age segregation, and all that is accomplished is a further division of the populace and increased racial tensions.

Hate crime laws will accomplish nothing for justice until they're applied to all racially charged crimes, regardless of who was the perpetrator and who was the victim.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
People think New York is a melting pot but it is far from that.

It is racially (among other things) divided and these sort of events happen all the time on ALL sides of the coin. You just have to know where to walk and when. Two bad we (and the media manipulators) just keep trying to justify the division instead of talking about a solution.

Oh and "300" was a terrible graphic novel before it was ever a film. Miller of late seems to neglect meaningful dialogue and for pulp noir stories like Sin City it works but anything else seems to fall apart. I can see how people could be offended by 300 for reason that have nothing to do with it's racist and homophobic yet homo-erotic overtones.

The brilliant Alan Moore was right about 300.
Which is why he cringes at the thought of Zack directing Watchmen.

I don't blame Zach though as he was true tot he material in an absolute way.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Oh and "300" was a terrible graphic novel before it was ever a film. Miller of late seems to neglect meaningful dialogue and for pulp noir stories like Sin City it works but anything else seems to fall apart. I can see how people could be offended by 300 for reason that have nothing to do with it's racist and homophobic yet homo-erotic overtones.

The brilliant Alan Moore was right about 300.
Which is why he cringes at the thought of Zack directing Watchmen.

I don't blame Zach though as he was true tot he material in an absolute way.

- Lee

Pff.And Alan moore would rather deconstruct a decent idea to turn it into perveted pap than actually come up with a good idea. His best works have been in spite of his navel gazing and his entire sylyabus consists of the concept that if superheroes were real theyd all be dysfunctional pricks.

At least Miller can make the idea of a dysfunctional prick superhero fun.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Ya know what? I just wrote Al Sharpton at his radioshow website. Here's the letter :

Hey Al, or Rev. or Mr. Sharpton.

No disrespect intended, but, have you addressed the Coney Island Incident in which two white former Marines were assaulted by 50+ black folks?

Please, take a look.

www.nypost.com...

Why no outcry? Why did I have to run across this article at www.abovetopsecret.com... , at a conspiracy website? Take a look at the responses there. I hate to say (and I really do, by the way) you don't come off in the brightest of lights.

Have you and fellow Rev. Jessie Jackson come scrambling out for the two Marines who were beaten within an inch of their lives for coming to the aid of a girl screaming for help? Or were the two white guys just "In the wrong neighborhood" as their attackers proclaimed?

Get goin on this one, man. I implore you. Do something unbiased. Were all people. I would have gotten beaten myself, had I been there. I think I would have been trying to help that girl too.

I hardly think it will even be read, but, you're right. They would be screaming bloody murder if the situation were reversed.

Cuhail

Mod Edit: Links.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with race, they are gangs looking for a fight. I remember reading a book about poverty in Harlem and instead of humanizing those gangs, it just made me disgusted by them. bad neighborhoods nurture violence and gang mentality is rampant; the whole idea is that you have to be part of a gang or you'll die, so i think this also applied here. and everyone's vulnerable at anytime. i think those two marines were brave but the strange thing about it is that they get beaten up in their home country by their own people instead of being injured on foreign soil. I wonder what wouldve happened if the two marines had guns on them.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
this has nothing to do with race

So if a mob of 30 white men had beaten 2 black men unconscious while yelling "Hey, Black boys, your in the suburbs now!" that would not have been racist either, right?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
this has nothing to do with race,

Maybe you skipped over the part in the article were they said "'Hey, white boys, you're in the 'hood now!'.

Nothing to do with race? If you were correct, those words were uttered why?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
We are all being played... all of us. Divide and conquer. Can't you see how we are all being played by all of this? They are destroying us from within. American against American.

This is a horrible tragic incident. But it only involves those who were there. One can just as easily call them all New Yorkers as all blacks. Don't let the media push your buttons to rage and hate.

The path out of this nightmare we are finding ourselves being pushed into is through PEACE and LOVE.

Please don't become pawns of the Elite... don't let them divide us any further than they already have.

Keep it together and be cool... we are bigger than this.

As for dragging ATS into this... I for one am not in any way proud of the above posts. I think this smacks of racism... and we are being played.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Knowing Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, they will most likely label us racist for pointing out the obvious racism in this case.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We all have to recognize that racism is not a white phenomena. There a racists blacks, hispanics, asians, arabs, anglos, etc. Racism is a social phenomena that arises from ignorance, poverty, oppression, and social happenstance.

The key to finding a social balance that lets us begin to get along is standing up and saying racism is not okay from anyone. It is not okay for blacks to beat the crap out of whites, even if they see it as 'fair' or revenge. It's a tough spot. I'm not black, but I would imagine that the looming specter of racism, be it events that actually happened to you or the racially charged reports in the media that are constantly coming out, would tend to make it feel okay to think less than fondly of whites.

The key is, the better people will rise above those baser instincts and will realize that it's the person and not the race that is ignorant, mean, and unfair. That's true progress, much more than the hate mongering people like Sharpton spew onto the masses.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by avingard]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

movies like '300',

Yes, Because two men attempting to defend a woman being beaten by 50 men is the same thing as a movie that pissed some oversensitive idiots off.

You have completely missed my point.

'300' is yet another overly violent product of Hollywood, which makes hundreds of millions of dollars. If you like it so much that it blinds you to the point that I've made, that's really fine by me. Hollywood loves consumers like you!

Yankeerose, you're right. They're trying to play all of us. The War Mongerers'll get exactly what they want. Violence, hatred, death. After all, it's human nature.

To hell with the thug/gangsta crowd, black or white, who wants to subvert freedom and peace. I am not a peacenik. I simply don't celebrate death.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I actually do see that. And, to an extent, I agree. We're all people. (I said that in my letter to Al)

reply to post by ben420

Irony is almost fun to watch sometimes. Other times, it's sickening.

(You can quote me on that, it came out nice.)

Cuhail
(who's cool-e-o)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

A wolf pack of at least 30 thugs viciously attacked two hero ex-Marines in Brooklyn after they rescued a teenage girl who was being assaulted, police and witnesses said yesterday.

he former leathernecks, Valentyn Olenyev, 23, and Boris Bukler, 22, Russian émigrés who served tours in Iraq, were walking a female friend to her parked car on West 23rd Street at 12:30 a.m. when they spotted two men holding the screaming teen by her hands and legs.

The two former Marines, meanwhile, insist that the violence had racial overtones, although the assault has not been labeled a bias crime.

Bukler said, "Those in the crowd were yelling, 'Hey, white boys, you're in the 'hood now!' We were yelling back, 'We don't care - we live here!'

Read entire article

Imagine the uproar if the races were reversed.

Cases like this are proof that:

-Unconstitutional hate crime laws are useless anyways

souuunds to me like a planted "story".

"boris" and "valentyn" both Russian, the assailants all black..
the quoted verbage obviously stale and artificial..'Hey, white boys, you're in the 'hood now!' We were yelling back, 'We don't care - we live here!'
In NY, the verbage would be much more graphic and less exact and to-the-point.

all too conveniently paralleling with the african-american caught now in russian hands emblazoned all over the media.

stirring the pot with media - owned BS.
just to get mindless neanderthals to "see" a specific person in a certain way.. to rise morale on a certain level for a specific agenda.

If this all doesn't initially scream what I'm describing to you first thing while reading.. then you're completely disconnected from common sense.

oh and how illuminist of them... age: 23.. "12:30"... on.. 23rd .. street.

riiiiight.

you're an idiot if you watch this story pass you by and miss out on any of this BS.. or you're a plant that's supporting it hoping to rile up racial tension.

and you know what... I'm getting to the point where it's so pathetic now.. i'm almost thinking the people that DON'T see these obvious aspects... deserve it if they believe the BS. And I want less to write posts like this having to point it out.

it's just so ridiculously obvious.

-

[edit on 11-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
We are all being played... all of us. Divide and conquer. Can't you see how we are all being played by all of this? They are destroying us from within. American against American.

This is a horrible tragic incident. But it only involves those who were there. One can just as easily call them all New Yorkers as all blacks. Don't let the media push your buttons to rage and hate.

The path out of this nightmare we are finding ourselves being pushed into is through PEACE and LOVE.

Please don't become pawns of the Elite... don't let them divide us any further than they already have.

Keep it together and be cool... we are bigger than this.

As for dragging ATS into this... I for one am not in any way proud of the above posts. I think this smacks of racism... and we are being played.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by yankeerose]

I completely agree. Segregation from within was used back in the Civil War times when rich whites would pay off poor whites not to ally with the black slaves. So instead of rich versus poor, it became black versus white. Hopefully, what I am saying is somewhat correct but I will try and find source and make a new thread.

EDIT: Maybe some civil war historians on here can touch up on this.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join