It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Targeting Immigrants - The Largest Ever US ICE Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Targeting Immigrants - The Largest Ever US ICE Raid

www.globalresearch.ca

The 2002 Homeland Security Act established its largest investigative and enforcement arm in 2003: the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) created "as a law enforcement agency for the post-9/11 era, to integrate enforcement authorities against criminal and terrorist activities, including the fights against human trafficking and smuggling, violent transnational gangs and sexual predators on children" - "criminal" and "terrorist" threats to the nation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What an AWESOME article summing up the ICE standards and practices to detain and threaten undocumented aliens of all nationalities.
The principal target was Muslims, but, the money-money comes in from the Mexican Illegals.

AWESOME summary, this article.

Cuhail

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm actually suprised no-one has commented on this on. I see by the view # that people are reading it, but, why no comments?

Bit too real? Or, just boring?

Is this boring?

Case after case was the same, and all of them challenged Camayd-Freizas' ability to be impartial. The entire process was unjust and corrupted. Proceedings were rushed. Defendants didn't understand them. Lawyers got little chance to explain, and, when with clients, agents were always present. In addition:

-- plea agreements were for seven days;

-- ICE appointed attorneys had no immigration work expertise;

-- ones who did "were denied access" to the proceedings; and

-- prosecutors offered a Plea Agreement with no changes; take it or leave it with little time to understand or reflect - classic gross injustice against near-defenseless, traumatized victims.

Everything was "fast-tracked" and mass-processed 10 cases at a time with no possibility for due process, judicial fairness, or any compassion for desperate, innocent victims. Instead they were pressured with tactics like: "If you want to see your children or don't want your family to starve, sign here." Camayd-Freizas called it "coercion."

He and other interpreters felt "tremendous solidarity with these people." Had they lost their impartiality? "Not at all: that was our impartial and probably unanimous judgment. We (saw) attorneys hold back tears and weep alongside their clients. We (saw) judges, prosecutors, clerks, and marshals do their duty, sometimes with a heavy heart....but always with a particular solemnity not accorded to the common criminals (they're) used to encountering...."

I have seen the ICE raids all over the news locally because we have high Illegal Immigrant stats. It affects a lot of local businesses here in my home of Lake County, Illinois and just as much when it spreads out regionally.

Pipe up folks.
Cuhail

join