It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns Baltics, Poland To Pay For Georgia Stance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
America is helpless. All they can do is use nukes - anything else will be destroyed. They have nothing to deploy, nothing that won't be destroyed immediately.

The Pax Americana is Over. It ended on 8-8-8.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Well doing a bit of digging I found this video notice it was posted May 7, 2008. So if these claims are true, Georgia have had some serious justifications.

Oh you gotta be friggin' kidding me...

The Georgian Service Director for "RadioFreeEurope" claiming Russia is to blame for initiating the hostilities?

Yeah, that's about as credible as a steaming pile of dog faeces.
I think you've got to be a little more discriminating in your choice of sources there.

Of course Georgia will blame Russia, how can you deny that?
They've stirred up a hornet's nest here and are pulling every trick in the CIA Psy-Ops Warfare Manual to try and make themselves appear slightly less in the wrong for opening fire on Russia first.

You really need to open your eyes...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Well doing a bit of digging I found this video notice it was posted May 7, 2008. So if these claims are true, Georgia have had some serious justifications.

MAY 7, 2008, not AUGUST 9, 2008 was the post date. If Georgia was so orgainised as to create CIA style propaganda to justify some actions and then go back in time 3 months to post it: then they get a vote as pretty good in my book. (Would have been excellent, but they focused on the wrong faction in their time-travel propaganda film)

Or maybe you will stop hating on America just long enough to realise that there are some bad people out in this world that do bad things. Just be sure that you tell all your friends that if they are jumped and getting beat up that you will save yourself by not stepping in despite their asking for a little help. After all, it is the same position you seem to be supporting here.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Hoo boy. Did it just get hot in here or what? Poland declined the missile shield. It would seem this game of Risk is truly heating up.

Well its not that they dont want it, its that they want more. They want usa to help them upgrade their whole army, better anti aircraft systems, more usa troops in poland, etc.

Poland hoping to seal US missile deal: foreign minister
6 hours ago

WARSAW (AFP) — Poland said Wednesday it was hoping to seal a deal with Washington on hosting a controversial US missile shield, after the start of a new round of their long-running talks.

"Our positions have got closer," said Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski after a meeting in Warsaw with US arms control negotiator John Rood.

"Tomorrow we're going to negotiate all day. I can't predict the result, but it's clear that we're closer to the demands of Prime Minister Donald Tusk than we were a month ago," he added.

Earlier, Sikorski struck an equally optimistic note. "We are perhaps going to reap the reward of our efforts," he said.

Defence Minister Bogdan Klich, meanwhile, said the talks could be in what he called the final round.

"The American side has considerably softened its stance over recent days," he said. "We welcome that.

"They are much readier to accept Poland's two cardinal conditions," for substantial military aid."

Amid concerns about the potential risks of hosting the US silos, Warsaw has been pressing the United States to help upgrade the Polish armed forces, and notably to scale up the country's defences with a Patriot missile system.

It also wants a permanent presence of US troops on Polish soil.

Over the past 15 months, Poland has stuck firmly to its demand for extra security guarantees in return for hosting a US missile base. Polish and US negotiators last met in late July.

The shield plan is vehemently opposed by Russia, Warsaw's communist-era master, which has threatened to retaliate if Poland hosts a base. Washington insists the shield is directed against "rogue states", notably Iran.

Poland's arguments have been bolstered by the conflict between Russia and ex-Soviet Georgia, Sikorski said.

"Today we're facing a new international situation. The situation doesn't change our arguments but in my view reinforces them," he said.

"The rising international tension, which has caught us by surprise, makes security guarantees even more important than ever," he added.

Washington plans to base 10 interceptor missiles in Poland plus a radar facility in the neighbouring Czech Republic by 2011-2013 to complete a broader US system already in place in the United States, Greenland and Britain.

Moscow, however, dubs it a menace to its security aimed at undermining Russia's nuclear deterrent, and has vowed a firm response if the Czechs and Poles go ahead.

The Czech Republic and Poland were Soviet satellites until 1989, but became staunch US allies after the fall of communism, joining NATO in 1999.

While Prague signed a deal on hosting the radar in July, Washington's talks with Warsaw have been grinding on.

On Tuesday, Tusk had said that talks appeared to be "on the right track."

"The events in the Caucasus show clearly that such security guarantees are indispensable," he added.

"As soon as we are sure that Poland's security has been reinforced to the degree we want, we're not going to wait for hours to sign a deal," he pledged.

According to Polish media reports, Washington is prepared to give Poland one battery of Patriots and sell it five others at a cut price.

"I won't confirm or deny it," Sikorski said.

President Lech Kaczynski, a staunch supporter of the missile shield, was optimistic Wednesday. "This important issue for Poland will perhaps reach a happy end," he said

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well what i have read it basically comes down to this..

If the US takes Casualties and responds by attacking russian troops nuclear weapons will be used by the Russians.

If nukes are used by the Russians it will be all out nuclear war.... IE everyone on the planet looses then.

If the US sits back and does nothing .. We loose a Allie .. Sure that allie's leader is a war criminal.. but hell What is the difference between him and bush? Bush is just as much a war criminal as the leader of Georgia ..

Personally .. I would like to see us get the hell out of the entire area all together. That includes Iraq,Iran , etc.. Pull ALL troops and equipment back to the US and stay the hell out of other countries affairs.

That said it wont happen. .And anyone familure with murphys law knows anything that can go wrong will go wrong and i have no doubt that there will be hostilities between US forces and Russian forces .. The question is .. How will both sides react when that happens..

Will they pull back? or will they take the small step into the history books and end millions of peoples lives.

I have to say.... Bush doesn't impress me.. I do not think he will do the right thing. The same with Putin.. I do think both leaders are stupid enough to not back down ..

The next war will be fought with sticks and stones.........................If this one goes nuclear.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I guess Russia forgot about that nuke that they left in Lithuania and the Lithuanians refused to return it. Bring it on, Big Boy!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Please dont make sweeping generalisations. When you speak for all of Britain defending poland against the great bear I belive that you should either look into your history about our defensive policy, or say nothing at all. The last time Poland required our assistance (WWII) our meager efforts left them occupied for nearly five years under German control. Then instead of the freedom that we had promised them, we allies let the great bear rape an plunder them for over 40 years. I think we British should realise that the only reason we still feed from the top table is only down to the sole fact that we are the whipping boy for the US. Please dont take me as Non patriontic for I truely am. I have served my nation in two conflicts including one in the balkans. So I do speak from hard gained experience. The globalist theft policy of the camp Bush will see us all dead or prisoners, make my words.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Russia is acting like a spoiled brat right now, maybe they did not start it, but saying "i wanna use nukes" is just stupid, all these years just to get to the point where we are at now and they want to push us back to the stone age.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LOL-0the words dont even mtach up with this chicks mouth in this news report...in fact, they are WAY off!! Anyone else got any bogus news reports?

Originally posted by Tapped In

Russia is NOT playing games boys and girls. We definately need to take heed.

Also...

Posted on youtube a short while ago...

Nuclear Threat from Russia to U.S. "If U.S. Attacks Russia, Russia will be Forced to Use Nuclear Weapons Against United States." Part 1 of 2

www.youtube.com...

Nuclear Threat from Russia to U.S. "If U.S. Attacks Russia, Russia will be Forced to Use Nuclear Weapons Against United States." Part 2 of 2

www.youtube.com...

Get your radiation pills ready!

www.nasdaq.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

LMAO!yes her voice and her mouth are way off!What a poor hatchet job.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

MAY 7, 2008, not AUGUST 9, 2008 was the post date. If Georgia was so orgainised as to create CIA style propaganda to justify some actions and then go back in time 3 months to post it: then they get a vote as pretty good in my book. (Would have been excellent, but they focused on the wrong faction in their time-travel propaganda film)

Or maybe you will stop hating on America just long enough to realise that there are some bad people out in this world that do bad things. Just be sure that you tell all your friends that if they are jumped and getting beat up that you will save yourself by not stepping in despite their asking for a little help. After all, it is the same position you seem to be supporting here.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Ahabstar]

I agree.The America bashing can stop for a day so we follow this situation as it unfolds.Yeesh!They never stop.I guess Russian intel is working overtime.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anyways getting back to the topic,what gives Russia the right to threaten other countries on her border?Georgia i understand although i bet we havent assembled the whole picture yet.The Baltics have shown solidarity in the face of the Russian bear.They are democracies banding together for mutual defense and Poland is part of NATO.So just what are you saying Russia?You think we wont help our allies?think again.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In

Russia is NOT playing games boys and girls. We definately need to take heed.

Also...

Posted on youtube a short while ago...

Nuclear Threat from Russia to U.S. "If U.S. Attacks Russia, Russia will be Forced to Use Nuclear Weapons Against United States." Part 1 of 2

www.youtube.com...

Nuclear Threat from Russia to U.S. "If U.S. Attacks Russia, Russia will be Forced to Use Nuclear Weapons Against United States." Part 2 of 2

www.youtube.com...

Get your radiation pills ready!

www.nasdaq.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Interesting you should say that .I was listening to Alex Jones this morning and a caller came on describing the contents of an email from an ex-fema employee that said fema are preparing for a Continuance of Government .Here is the wiki link that describes the scenario under which such a government measure is undertaken-en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Candyfloss wrote ...I was listening to Alex Jones this morning and a caller came on describing the contents of an email from an ex-fema employee that said fema are preparing for a Continuance of Government

I'd be surprised if contingency plans were not being prepared for COG. That doesn't mean that there's nothing to worry about but the fact that administrators and bureaucrats are drawing up plans for worst-case scenarios is to be expected. That's their duty.
It doesn't tell us anything new; it merely confirms that this is a tense situation. We know that already.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by manatthewindow]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by manatthewindow]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Check Slav against Slava (Glory).

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't think the Georgian's just made their bed, rather that it was all planned ahead of time to surround Russia, Iran's superpower ally, with a nuclear net, now with Poland involved, to try and tie their hands, because I really feel the goal is to decimate the middle east and make it environmentally hazardous for all life with DU weaponry with control of all oil following into certain hands and a pipeline to the east.
And I think its going to get very ugly. I don't believe Russia can step back in this situation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

And putin(formal KGB officer) used every trick in his KGB manual to ruin relatsionships between ossetians and georgians.In south-ossetia and in abhasia rulers are putins friends from KGB and this GENOSIDE was carefully planed using these two regions as an excuse.I think all world should think about their russian populations ... putin promised to protect russians in all cost all over the world when he finds that it`s neccesery.This wasn`t said to promote hatered against russians as an ethnical groupe.But russians in russia should ask from the great baba where is all this oli and gaz money and why most of great russia lives very pourly.When people are occupied with war news and external enemies they don`t think about their bad economical situation

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just to clear things up - Russia isn't threatening anyone with military action. Not the Baltics, not Poland. Why twist anything Russian government states and make a fearmongering frenzy out of it?

Russia has a good reason to warn its small neighbors. If America's puppets want to bark at Russia - then they should remember their economic dependence on Russia. Russia can easily raise the energy prices or stop exporting goods from the Baltics and Poland - and it has every right to do so (just like U.S. has the right to boycot Iran and Cuba). This is what Russia's threats are about. No one is talking about any invading or military threats.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
And putin(formal KGB officer) used every trick in his KGB manual to ruin relatsionships between ossetians and georgians.

Actually relations between Ossetians and Georgians were completely ruined long before Outin came to power. The break betweent the two ethnicities came in the early 90's, including the first Sother Ossetia - Georgia war. By the time Putin came on the scene in 2000, there was nothing left to ruin.

Russia did play a minor role in the first war in 1992, but you can't blame Putin on it. Yeltsin, Kokoity, Gamzakhurdia, and Shevarnadze set the stage for the ethnical tensions. Why bring Putin and his intelligence agency background into every single Russia thread?

In south-ossetia and in abhasia rulers are putins friends from KGB

How so? Do you think Putin knew every single intelligence agency member? What are your sources to back that up?

and this GENOSIDE was carefully planed using these two regions as an excuse.

Planned by whom is the question. Saakashvili is the one who started the shooting.

I think all world should think about their russian populations ... putin promised to protect russians in all cost all over the world

What is wrong with that? America protects its puppets and allied dictators all over the world. America "protected" Albanians in Serbia despite the fact that the U.S. has nothing to do with Albania.

So Putin promises to protects Russians around the world, while U.S. is actively protecting its governments' and corporations' interests around the world - without any reservations as to the using of hostile means to achieve the said protection.

Blaming Russia is all good and proper - but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. American politicians (or their allies in NATO for that matter) can hardly be seen as credible when they hypocritically threaten and denounce Russia.

But russians in russia should ask from the great baba where is all this oli and gaz money and why most of great russia lives very pourly.

Oil and gas money are in the same place they always were - circulated amongst the country's elite. Only now the elite is the government and not the oligarchs. Still the economy and the standard of life is far better than it was when Yeltsin was in power - so something is being done right.

As to why much of Russia is poor - due to reckless "perestroika" and privatization reforms introduced by Gorbachev and Yeltsin - the West like them doesn't it?. Coincidentally it was during the peak of good relations between Russia and the West in 1997-1998, that Russian economy completely collapsed. And now when relations are most sour, the Russian economy is in the post-Soviet-Union peak.

If you want to blame Putin for living conditions in Russia, please provide some proof. I would be very interested in seeing it. Putin's is not a miracle worker and made many mistakes in regard to the economy, but compared to Yeltsin and his oligarchs he is way better.

When people are occupied with war news and external enemies they don`t think about their bad economical situation

Not true. U.S. is much preoccupied with wars and external enemies and still finds time to laments its own deteriorating economy. As for Russian economy - take a look at Russia's GDP growth and standard of living index changes for the last 8 years. Russia has been experiencing a moderate economic boom for over half a decade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join