It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion for the 11th puzzle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I feel ya. Seems like I've run through so many types of encryption I'm starting to lose track of what goes with what. The numbers are frustrating the hell out of me, as well as figuring out the relationship to the grids. I burned my brain out the other night. I think I'll have to wait a day or so and then start anew.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well now there's another clue. Maybe I was wrong after all.

Here's the clue:

843 62637 63 736753 263 34537 273 668 467678268 86 968 669

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
yea this is interesting. more numbers and gives more light to the name of the pictures. i wonder if they now tie into each other??

here are some threads with numbers given in the clue

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Well, isn't that peachy. I'm sure this will involve taking every third letter of the keyboard, reversing it, reading it backwards, shift it every for every character and convert from hex.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's a telephone-dial, or txt-message based code, where each number is replaced by one of the three (or four) letters associated with it on a phone:

the names of people and files are not important to you now
843 62637 63 736753 263 34537 273 668 467678268 86 968 669

Which tells us what not to look at, anyway

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Well I'll be darned. You are so right.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I hope so. It could also be "the oboes ..."

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
'Very good, Americandingbat! Kudoes and such! Wish it were a better clue, though...argh!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I was waiting for them to just say

John Lear is not it. haha

goodjob yea

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ha!

I really didn't think it would be anything personal, anyway (the staff seems classier than that), but the letters did fit...

Of course, so does the phrase "three ladybugs" (with a cipher change between the words). But that didn't seem as interesting...

(Been busy with work the last few days; haven't had as much free/non-tired time as I would like, to spend on this puzzle)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That second clue/statement has depressed me even more, lol. I like how they say now, instead of never, meaning at some point they probably will be important.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Awesome Job as usual ADB. Before you solved it I was perusing the old Find the Rings Game threads to see if I could find a similar code. FTR Puzzle Site

I can't believe this is still available as this game is 4 years old.

But just in case it helps, member PurdueNuc from the old Rings game still has his site up documenting all the clues and how they were solved.

Check out the unsolved puzzle "Code in ALT tag of image on FindTheRings.com" ADB and see if you can solve the unsolved.

If anything else, its a great walk down memory lane and you can see some similarities between puzzles.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Thanks

And thanks for posting the old puzzles - you never know where we might find inspiration. I took a look and nothing jumped out at me, but I'll keep it in mind.

Also, I don't think we ever solved the last of the pre-game puzzles. Maybe that has some helpful info.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Hmm this is very interesting. Assuming that the clue graph is A and using this method of going counterclockwise from A

MLKJ
NCBI
ODAH
PEFG
QRST

I got this: LAL SAL ITI IE I THAT STH ET R UTH

that last half seems obvious: THATS THE TRUTH
I couldn't figure out the first part.
I thought it might be LOL LAST TIME THATS THE TRUTH

I entered that and it didn't work lol.

I can't help to think you're on to something. I ran the letters through an anagram solver and came up with "I IS IT ALL A LIE THATS THE TRUTH". I'm not sure what to make of the extra I. I tried entering it both with and without it but neither worked.

This can't be a coincidence... can it?

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahmerjr
I can't help to think you're on to something. I ran the letters through an anagram solver and came up with "I IS IT ALL A LIE THATS THE TRUTH". I'm not sure what to make of the extra I. I tried entering it both with and without it but neither worked.

This can't be a coincidence... can it?

Any ideas?

Interesting! I tried a couple more variations (it is all a lie, that's the truth; all it is it lie that's the truth) without luck. Did you use caps or lower case letters? Other answers have all been lowercase.

Another possibility is that that's the clue for the answer, the way the earlier puzzles worked. But we're on a conspiracy-theory-based website, so "the truth is that is all a lie" could refer to just about any topic in one way or another!

Edit: How's this one -- Satellite Hails Hart "Hi Tutti"? What was the name of Gary Hart's indiscretion way back when?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
OMG! I got it... I tried the variation:

"it is all a lie that is the truth"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
WOOHOO!!!!! Congratulations Ian!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

And well deserved!!

You are a Master Debater as well as a Master Sleuther!!

At the risk of sounding like a butt kisser, I would like to heart fully thank all of the staff involved in this, as well as all the other games. As if your plates aren't full enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Credit for the solution goes primarily to Deaf Alien and dahmerjr.

My major contributions to this puzzle were a red herring, and a lucky guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

hahaha
i love it
wow
ok how much does someone wanna sell a tshirt for?
hahah

great job guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join