It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion for the 11th puzzle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Oh that really feels like the right track... once the alphbet gets past 'T', in the lower right, the next letter ('U'), starts using TWO dots, at the 'A' position:

tr(ab)th = truth

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I kept seeing SATELLITE but there's two letters missing.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Great find, Deaf Alien! This really feels like the way to go. Maybe there's a shift involved for the first half?

One thing that's probably not any help but you never know: I've been really bothered by the TMWST thing. I was thinking this morning:
1) the word TOUGH would make sense in that context.
2) to get from TMWST to TOUGH you can leave the first letter alone; shift #2 and#3 back 2; shift #4 and #5 back 12

Maybe that was a clue about the last puzzle? Like, shift 12 places for the first 4 elements, 2 spaces for the next 4 elements, and no spaces for the last 2 elements?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Awesome job DA! And hats off to you for sharing, I think this might be the turning point.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Some possibilities:

cia satellite thats the truth
kgb satellite thats the truth
emp satellite thats the truth (yakuza maybe?)
nsa satellite thats the truth
spy satellite thats the truth (Defunct Spy Satellite Falling From Orbit)
vhf satellite thats the truth
ats satellite thats the truth (could be getting our own satellite)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Maybe there's a shift involved for the first half?

As I see it, there's eight different possible spirals:

ABCD ANML DCBA LMNA HIJK HGFE KJIH EFGH
NOPE BOTK EPON KTOB GRSL IRQD LSRG DQRI
MTQF CPSJ FQTM JSPC FQTM JSPC MTQF CPSJ
LSRG DQRI GRSL IRQD EPON KTOB NOPE BOTK
KJIH EFGH HIJK HGFE DCBA LMNA ABCD ANML

with two different directions they each can run through the alphabet (A-T, T-A). Then, that sequence could start at any letter A-Z and wrap. And it could be a straight monoalphabet cipher, or shifted -1 each letter, like in previous ciphers. That's 8 * 2 * 26 * 2 = 832 possibilities, and I just stared though them all. My brain is now dizzy. Does "thrxeoqsonal", "fldviawsutar", or "drbhoyuesrmp" mean anything? I don't know. Perhaps there's a Dr. Bhoyues somewhere, working for the RMP.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Following the pre-game puzzles, remember this gem:

What is the conspiracy?
Why are there conspiracy theories?
What is the truth?
you will soon know.
Wait for the sign.
Knowledge will be released.
Those who are worthy will understand the grand confusion of our time.

We've done the "What is the conspiracy?" through the puzzles. But, we've not answered the 'Why are there conspiracy theories and the What is the truth?"

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

What's this TMWST thing I keep hearing about? Was that something from the pre-game puzzles?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hmm... the first nine glyphs follow the pattern:

JPJ QPJ GEG

If you take the letters a-t, above the letters A-T, and look up the cipher text letter on the bottom row to get the plain text letter on the top row, rotating the top row one letter to the right after each step, you get:

joh nle ars

Coincidence, or more?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

JPJ QPJ GEG

Where did you get those letters from?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's really the interval pattern that matters -- I started it at 'J' arbitrarily to match the plaintext I found that followed that particular pattern in cipher text (searched dictionary + ATS thread tags for matching words, found "johnlear"):

A,B,A-2,C,B-3,A-5,D,E (mod 20)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
hi all, I am real new to this site, and i found the what is the conspiracy thing. I think it may have to do with graphing cordinates, so i put them all on a coordinate graph and recorded their positions. What is strange though is that on the last word there is two dots missing. which may be the answer to that clue. on their position i times the numbers and record it. Here is the info, i dont want the prize.

here-

2X5

3X3

2X5

3X1

3X3

2X5

4x4

4x1

4X4

4X4

2X2

4X4

4X1

4X3

3X3

4X1

3x1

4x1

4x3

2x2

4x1

2x2

3x4 and 3x3

4x1

4x3

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Based on Ian's latest discovery, I managed to come up with this possible sentence:

john lear's rep that's the truth

"rep" could refer to "reputation"

another option might be

"rip" which would refer to "requiescat in pace"

Based on that, I still haven't found any answer that would be accepted by the checker.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I guess it is probably about people questioning whether John Lear is a disinformation agent, there are quite a few threads about that. If it is about John then maybe he was informed before hand. I could bake him some cookies in return for a hint.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by DraconianKing]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder if someone would be willing to U2U me a brief rundown on who John Lear is and what all the controversy's about? I'm working through the threads to try and piece it together myself, but there's a lot of information (and misinformation, and probably disinformation) out there. I could use an overview.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I don't know everything about this, but John was a conpiracy master on this board along with having his own forum from one time (he resigned voluntarily). He was given much publicity by ATS as well.

He has some "unique" theories that drew a lot of criticism from members. Something happened and he was post banned, not banned as a member.

I believe he was claiming that ATS was a CIA disinfo group or something like that.

edit: Actually, I'm rathered bummed if this last question deals with Lear. I'm not looking forward to digging through those threads again.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Apprently the issue revolved around another conspiracy master and some edited posts.

Anywho, if it is John Lear, rep and "that's the truth". Then this could be related to the threads on Billy Meier and his ufo pics. The rep, better known as Michael Horn a.k.a. FutureSelf1, was/is the american representative for Billy Meier. Horn was banned because of his badgering of folks asking questions. And I do believe that it was a thread about Billy Meier that caused Lear to lose his posting priviledges.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What happened? Where did everyone go?

Waiting on more clues?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Some of us are still here...

I'm currently going through some of John Lear's interviews hoping to find something interesting although I have to admit that I don't even know what I'm looking for.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
What happened? Where did everyone go?

Waiting on more clues?

I started college again so I'm not going to have too much time to spend on trying to solve this puzzle. I've tried many different things but no luck so far, I also feel quite drained and need a break.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join