It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion for the 11th puzzle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I think the musical notes angle is a stretch

This clue image fits perfectly inside blocks 2,5, and 15 (from the left)

Not sure what that means, if anything at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Things to do:

- Figure out what 'solving the glyph' means in this puzzle (an "advantage upon final question")

I think this means that it would be helpful in puzzle #10, which used the same symbol set.

- Solve the dots puzzle

This feels more and more important, doesn't it?

- Determine how the first-step encoding in the color bar puzzle was supposed to work

I keep meaning to take a look at this but haven't yet.

IMO, at this point, the simplest explanation of the drastically different last-two-word encoding of the color-bar puzzle indicates a flaw in the initial puzzle design. Given that, the 'slippage' we've noticed in cipher encoding is best explained as a mistake, or distraction, rather than a clue.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. But I'll take a stab at those purple bars anyhow.

Our new hint doesn't seem that helpful
Maybe it's just time for bed.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok, this is definitely not the kind of clue I was hoping for but anyway, lets see what we can read from this new element.

The filename: clue-11-001.gif

I think the filename is irrelevant since it probably only means that it is the first clue for puzzle #11 although, if you convert 11001 binary to decimal, you end up with 25 which equals the number of grids in the puzzle. Also, if you count the positions from top left, the clue would be at position #11.

The image size: 13 x 16

Same size as one of the grids.

The position of the dot: (3, 3)

This is certainly important and also explains the need for using a 13 x 16 image for this clue.

I also think that one of the previous hint: "AND FINALLY IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE MISSING COMPONENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT IS SEEN." is most likely refering to this final puzzle.

That's what I got so far... comments are welcomed.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i was thinking whether its relating with algebra.... in order to get the value of the missing piece

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
Im not sure though because ATS made a disclosure that everybody was welcome to solve the puzzle but they needed to make an account etc etc... So i am confused but I KNOW there is relevance to each puzzle

Hmm, really... I wonder if there's a particular forum feature that's necessary to solving, that needs an account to work. Can non-members view profiles, search, etc? Perhaps viewing post history, or the secret archives?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What about this,

Suppose the grid is filled starting from the top left with the clues that were given for each puzzle. The missing components are windows. They reveal which letters to pick.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I tried something along those lines when it was pointed out that there were 26 dots -- 24 dots + 1 'double-dot'. I thought maybe the glyphs are a key to laying those out on a 5x5 grid, each with a unique alphabet letter (and one 'double letter'). I tried rotating/shifting the glyphs, in sequence, to find a pattern that would 'window' each grid square once, with no duplicates. I couldn't find such a pattern though -- doesn't mean there isn't one, just that I couldn't find it off the bat.

Good idea. Perhaps once there was a 5x5 grid established it could act as a Playfair cipher key?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"AND FINALLY IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE MISSING COMPONENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT IS SEEN."

Seeing is only one of our senses.

You can observe with other senses. such as more popular ones is, hearing, and feeling, than smelling and finally tasting. since this is 2d fun time, it would be with either, seeing, hearing or feeling, from which we are told that seeing is good but not best. so it leaves us with hearing and feeling.

obviously the missing component, is components, but maybe it is component as one and the puzzles are important, but maybe the (1) component we are looking for, cannot be seen, but only heard or felt.

this only thing of a computer keyboard i know which is 5x4. is this

I first thought of cell phone pad. the abc def and so on...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ragster

I posed the question about sound a couple of pages back. I searched here and found great threads on MKULTRA, mind control, A-440Hz, sound used to heal DNA and other frequency based threads (HAARP was one of those). I started looking into the DTMF tones used by a touch tone phone as well.

It could very well be probable that sound/frequency/notes is a key. I even saw a link in one of the threads about the hebrew alphabet being a code built around frequencies.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The final question has a maximum of 80 characters. The 4 grid glyph contains 80 blocks and it is the only one. It certainly looks like the missing piece reveals something.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I listened to the ATS Mix where Bill/SO talked about the game. He did say that there was a pattern to every puzzle "if you knew where to look".

Also, when the hosts were talking about the practice puzzles and how deep we were getting into the "dots" puzzle one of them remarked about how one member was using braille. That was me! Of course, he laughed at that which I'm sure was meant in a good way. Hey, I'm just trying to think outside the box.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And didn't one of the practice puzzles say "There will be more TMWST cryptograms". Really? Where are/were they?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
And didn't one of the practice puzzles say "There will be more TMWST cryptograms". Really? Where are/were they?

Well the TMWST can be translated into other letters but that was the only one that seemed to make some sense. I thought that it might have referred to some cryptography book that they were using to create the puzzles but that was a dead end. Also one of the possible translations sounded like twist, which makes sense because this last puzzle is rather twisted.

This clue, is it also supposed to show us the start of this thing or just that we need to concentrate on the absent squares? I'm really going to hit this puzzle again today, after lunch of course. I've been reading some cryptology books hoping to get some ideas but nothing that fits this last puzzle so far. Those numbers are really frustrating, I think I'll just ignore them for now.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hmm this is very interesting. Assuming that the clue graph is A and using this method of going counterclockwise from A

MLKJ
NCBI
ODAH
PEFG
QRST

I got this: LAL SAL ITI IE I THAT STH ET R UTH

that last half seems obvious: THATS THE TRUTH
I couldn't figure out the first part.
I thought it might be LOL LAST TIME THATS THE TRUTH

I entered that and it didn't work lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Maybe the first half goes clockwise?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I thought about that. It turned out gibberish or maybe it's the way to go?

QRST
PEFG
ODAH
NCBI
MLKJ

RAR KAR GJG GC G

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think you are on to something. The last half makes far too much sense.

Typically in these games, the last puzzle has some profound statement for the answer.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hmm, that last half seems promising. Did you do it with substitution, or by shifting every letter by the same amount?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

I assumed that the clue graph equals to A and start counterclockwise from there.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe the first part could be LaSalle, that brings up a few threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join