It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing behind the facade *picture*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this picture has been posted here, or if this picture is real. It is apparently a picture of whats behind the pretty Olympic wall.

Olympic Facade

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Not sure if the pic is genuine but i wouldn't be surprised if it was.
China has an appalling human rights record.

All this, "well maybe we should go easy on them" and "Forget about chinas troubles, this is the olympics" type comments i've read in some other threads are quite appalling too.

everyone should have boycotted these games and china should be sat there now going "I;m sure we said the 8th....where is everybody".

Money talks though

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Major orders everyone to ignore the image behind the fence, I say again, ignore the image behind the fence, it is obviously a Photochop job perpetrated by western propagandist. Please stayed tuned for your CCP representative to post the "truth" and spoon feed you everything you need to know, see, and think.

Thank you for your cooperation and undying gullibility.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious China is hiding its real look for the tourists. I would expect nothing less from them.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The picture looks like a montage to me... anyways, there are seens of abject poverty in all western cities too, it's not like the west is that far ahead. China is at least developing, when some of the western world seems to be imploding, so why should we judge?

The problem is not the people, it's the economic and cultural systems, everywhere. People need to stop, think, and choose better life paths for themselves and their children. Even if that means not having a bmw.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Call me skeptical,. Make that highly skeptical. Make that, this not only doesnt look real, it seems custom designed to fit into American\Western preconceptions, which always makes me very, very, skeptical.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This picture reminds me of the amnesty international posters going around during the olympics

www.edition.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It wouldn't be hiding much if all you'd have to do is go look around the edge of the wall. I would imagine you'd have to travel out a bit further from any venues to find such living conditions.

More than 1.25 million people in Beijing - at times as many as 13,000 people a week - have been evicted since the city won its Olympic bid in 2001, according to the Geneva-based Center on Housing Rights and Evictions.

Source

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Duh, there wouldn't be a wall if there wasn't something godawful behind it.

Not just a 1 liner.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Anyone post the pic here or have another link? It keeps on giving me timeout errors and just keeps on saying loading. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join