It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain-Cant Operate A Computer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Jethro, I just got back from a holiday, have loads of pictures, and am struggling to organize them into the proper folders, etc....because friends are clamoring for them!!!

I just bought a new laptop, for the trip....it has Windows....whatever, it's VISTA Premium....I think....I just figured out XP....so, when I 'right-click' I don't get the same 'Send To' option.....ARGGGGHHH!!!!!!

Did notice as I downloaded my camera media cards....I've got MANY, MANY dupes.....big surprise.

So, at barely 51, I can use a computer....even if barely. BUT, I can learn.

I learned how to fly very sophisticated, computerized airplanes.....BECAUSE we had very good training. Maybe McCain needs a tutor???

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
McCain can't use a computer and Obama can't author a descent piece of legislature. Things aren't looking good either way.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

A Junior Senator, as Obama, is allowed to 'AUTHOR' legislation'??

No, I think a fairly new Senator will sit in committee, and 'co-author' new legislation.

Based on this argument, a Governor from the State of Texas, never having served in any other post in the Congress, should not be qualified to be a 'President'.

EXCEPT, a Governor of Arkansas WAS President...duly elected....sorry to say, he had a pecadillo, and lost some credibility.

But, a Vietnam War Draft Dodger, who had the fortune of being named after a former President, was actually installed into the WH, for the last eight years.

So, which is worse? A dog who cheats on his wife, or a dog who cheats on his country?

I leave it up to you all to decide.

AND, I leave this one more innuendo....McCain may have been a 'songbird' whilst a POW. That could be a terrible bias, and time will tell if they are true.

BUT, how will this compare to what Barack Husein Obama (yes, I used his entire name....just I will use John Sidney McCain the Third's full name)

40 years ago, while a POW....in order to protect himself, or his fellow prisoners....we need to examine this. DID he do what he did, to protect his fellow countrymen, and fellow prisoners? WAS he used, by the VC, because of his status as an Admiral's son, for propaganda purposes?

A story has surfaced, that, as an Admiral's son, McCain was offered the chance to be sent home, to US forces. NOW, imagine you are in this position....you take that offer, and are labeled a 'coward' for all time.....your career in the Navy and Politics, immediately over.

You're a son of an Admiral, the grandson of an Admiral.....you feel it's your duty. OK, I get that!!! It is a valiant thing to do....

BUT, it was FORTY YEARS AGO!!!

Yes, it was heroic. But, how does it relate to today????

Here's a perspective....Captain Picard knew when to retire.....If I may use a Star Trek reference....

I see McCain as the 'Admiral Kirk'.....thinking he can still do it, but ultimatly realizing, he's passed his prime.

EXCEPT, of course, McCain hasn't yet realized it.....

In the Fantasy/ Science Fiction of 'Star Trek', of course we see many characters, all of whom are familiar with computer tech....yet, they still need to seek an expert, at times. Since No one can be the know-it-all.....

Hence, we have 'Scotty'....or 'Data'....or whatever 'character' is invented, to entertain.

BUT, this is real life. NOT a TV show.

If you wish to bank on McCain, and hope he can 'spin-up' to the challenges that he will be exposed to, within just two months, then by ALL MEANS vote for him!!!

I happen to think that a younger man will be able to 'spin-up' much easier, once voted as the 'POTUS elect'. From November 5, 2008 to Inauguration Day, January 20.....that is a long time, for the POTUS elect to get briefed. Just hoping the NEW POTUS gets thoroughly briefed, and not mis-led.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Don't mean squat

I doubt any previous pres. knows how to mow a lawn or knows
how much a litre of milk costs. You just surround yourself with
people that do, but the more people you are surrounded by
means you have less integrity. George must have whole Platoon.

The key to being a successful pres. is Integrity. You have to be
sincere, honest and actually believe what you are telling people.
George fails all of these, so how,why did he get re-elected that's
what I wanna know.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
less time he spends on the computer the better. what do you wnat one of those nutjobs from wow running the country? forget that I would rather have someone who is innocent and pure of heart like McCain.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I'd personally feel a little more comfortable with a person at the 'helm' who had a certain understanding of the basics, of how computers, and the Internet, work.

Don't know about you....but, of course, I'm typing ON THE internet to someone WHO KNOWS HOW to use the Intenet....Hmmmmmm....

Get the irony yet??????

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I don't know how seriously to take this allegation that McCain cannot use a computer. His response to "PC or MAC?" was offhand and meant in humor. It in no way reveals his true level of competence with the machine.

Regardless, knowing how to use a computer has nothing to do with appreciating the importance of them in today's society. And types of knowledge vary. I taught computers down to the level of tracking microcode through individual gates and followed the transaction throughout a schematic print set in systems that began at a $2million price tag. Yet the first time I needed to capture the screen on a PC I was embarrassed. Did that make me an ignoramus? No. I merely used the knowledge of someone who knew how to do that.

So this thread is BS, if it's intent is to paint McCain as ineffective because of what he said in a 3 second snip of video. How do you all know he wasn't just pulling your leg?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
He might not to be able to run a computer, but I believe that piloting a combat aircraft requires a little more skill than that.

People that come up with stuff like this seem to forget that someday THEY'LL be old and the younger generation will probably take a whiz on THEM.......

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
he couldnt even pilot good.

he crashed. that is why he was put in jail.

not putting him down just saying all the other pilots he was with made it back to base except him.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We live in a world with real time communication where our military uses satellite imagery, instant communication, battlefield hand held communication devices, remote computer controlled drones that kill and an enemy that uses the internet to spread its message to its followers.

Is it important that the President knows how to use a computer??

If you want our President to understand threats to our nation, you better believe it is important.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So?
And neither did George Washington.

Its not that he cant operate a computer.

The computer is not the point. Its the fact that he's not "with it" that is being argued, adn the computer instance is proof to back that.

If he cannot and will not learn to use something as simple, modern, and easy as a computer, economics, and racial equality

then why is he qualified to be POTUS?

Not with it?

I think then this is another of prime example of The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

[edit on 113131p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There is no need for a President to know how to use a computer. It shows McCain's age by the fact that he doesn't know the difference between a Mac and a PC and says he let's his wife do the computer stuff.

My nephew is 14 and as sad as it is he knows very little of computers. He can turn one on and send email and get on the web but when something goes a little wrong he's lost. He even had a hard time figuring out how to burn a CD!

I plan on not voting for McCain but it has nothing to do with his lack of computer knowledge.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SmallMindsBigIdeas

There is no need for a President to know how to use a computer. It shows McCain's age by the fact that he doesn't know the difference between a Mac and a PC and says he let's his wife do the computer stuff.

She's only knows how to get perscriptions from Mexico for her dope!!!! The rest of the time she's probably too high!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ibgrimme

He might not to be able to run a computer, but I believe that piloting a combat aircraft requires a little more skill than that.

Well....not exactly...

McCain III lost jet number one in 1958 when he plunged into Corpus Christi Bay while practicing landings. He was knocked unconscious by the impact coming to as the plane settled to the bottom.

McCain's second crash occurred while he was deployed in the Mediterranean. "Flying too low over the Iberian Peninsula," Timberg wrote, "he took out some power lines [reminiscent of the 1998 incident in which a Marine Corps jet sliced through the cables of a gondola at an Italian ski resort, killing 20] which led to a spate of newspaper stories in which he was predictably identified as the son of an admiral."

McCain's third crash three occurred when he was returning from flying a Navy trainer solo to Philadelphia for an Army-Navy football game.

Timberg reported that McCain radioed, "I've got a flameout" and went through standard relight procedures three times before ejecting at one thousand feet. McCain landed on a deserted beach moments before the plane slammed into a clump of trees.

McCain's fourth aircraft loss occurred July 29, 1967, soon after he was assigned to the USS Forrestal as an A-4 Skyhawk pilot. While seated in the cockpit of his aircraft waiting his turn for takeoff, an accidently fired rocket slammed into McCain's plane. He escaped from the burning aircraft, but the explosions that followed killed 134 sailors, destroyed at least 20 aircraft, and threatened to sink the ship.

McCain's fifth loss happened during his 23rd mission over North Vietnam on Oct. 26, 1967, when McCain's A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by a surface-to-air missile. McCain ejected from the plane breaking both arms and a leg in the process and subsequently parachuted into Truc Bach Lake near Hanoi.

source...
And you guys thought the "swift-boating" of Kerry was easy....

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by SmallMindsBigIdeas

She's only knows how to get perscriptions from Mexico for her dope!!!! The rest of the time she's probably too high!!!

Now Now now!

What you been smok'in?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
let's do a check. how much weaponry isn't controlled by computers? NONE. how much news isn't on the internet? very little. how many people use email? LOTS. if the man cannot identify with today's popular culture or at least take part in the nation's newest pastimes (internet usage), then how can he claim to understand the foundation of the country he wants to be in charge of? the thought of it is complete ludicrous. I want a president who is as plugged in as the rest of us. before long, he'll be declaring that the internet is the devil and good-bye, civilization. no longer will we be able to chat with our friends in Hong Kong and no longer will we be connected to the rest of the world. the internet is a vital tool that is a commonplace part of today's society. proof? as i'm typing this, i'm also looking out the window behind me to the left! if he can't use a computer, it's just proof that Barack Obama (a man who is much younger and less likely to die naturally while in office) is the better choice! thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. i starred you and gave you a flag.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I bet he can't dance to today's music. I bet he doesn't listen to today's music. I bet he can't tell me who 50 cents is. Should these also be good reasons why McCain shouldn't be President.

Just cause he isn't as hip as Obama doesn't mean he isn't qualified. that is the reason they have advisers and people under them to type up what they need. Do you really think the President has time to be on the computer all day? Do you really think Obama sends out those weekly emails? His people do.

I'm sure Obama will keep in touch with his family and close friends. The rest of you will be receiving e-mail from his aides.

By the time Obama leaves the White House he will be computer illiterate due to to the constant changes in computer technology and his lack of computer time.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't understand the big deal about some people who just don't know how to operate a computer. First of all McCain doesn't need to know how to operate a computer. Thats why they hire people to do it. There are a lot of people in the corporate world who don't need to operate a computer. That doesn't mean that they can't run the company. This is just another excuse to not vote for one person or another. Next thing it will be that they don't clip their nail correctly so how can they run a country correctly. Give it a break guys and find something more constructive to complain about.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Nice rant (I mean that sincerely). What I meant by saying Obama hadn't authored a decent piece of legislature was that he hadn't contributed significantly to any major bills. I suppose that's subjective though, so since that's not the topic I'll drop it.

Do you really think the President's job entails a lot of surfing the internet, making spreadsheets, and typing up stuff in Word? I'm not expressing my support for anyone with this. This is unfair, petty, pointless bashing. Who cares if the man can't use a computer? Can he interact with foreign dignitaries without humiliating us? Can he find a balance of force without being too heavy handed or too hands off? Can he be charismatic enough to lead the country in times of need?

That's the stuff I want to know about any candidate. I could care less if McCain has ever even touched a computer.

As for McCain being a songbird, until there's definitive proof and we know what he told and the effect of the information he gave, it's not an issue.

I'm not in this thread to debate who is the best candidate. My point is that McCain's ability to use a computer should not influence your vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join