It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain-Cant Operate A Computer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So now you're saying that the POTUS should lead troops *IN* the battle field?

Bush isnt doing that...what makes him so great?

Thats why presidents have Generals and commanders. They have advisors who lead in the battle field.

Your ignorance of how the American POTUS operates is breath taking. Did we all learn that in High School American History class?

Being commander in chief is not the same thing as leading in the battle field. Commander in chief sets the prime directive.

His grunts carry it out.

Thats how a leader works.

Or didnt you know that, "becky"

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Genius....
John McCain is responsible for the deaths of way more of our sailors than any single VC. Any idiot with an IQ of 4 can shoot a gun.....and apparently fly a plane(if your daddy & grandpa were admirals)...

"McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat," explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs -- the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. "Since McCain got 28 medals," Bell continues, "that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys -- grunts on the ground -- who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I'm sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison. The question really is how many guys got that number of medals for not being shot down."

Source.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Wow i didnt know that! what a phoney. he should be ashamed of himself he is not a veteren and should have his medal stripped from him.

Just to add did a google check and this is indeed true

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

While a disadvantage, I don't think it should be a requirement to lead people. Honesty and morality come from within, not with the stroke of a keypad. Unfortunately, America's candidates don't have either of those qualities to being with anyways

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Excellent find, Graf!! I'd heard rumors about him, but this seems to blow him out of the water. Good, credible source...everyone should read it.

It should be plastered all over the front page of every newspaper in America.

Of course, computer skills aside, what is more incredible is that as poor a pilot as he was, he still was not washed out. *AHEM*....being an Admiral's son likely had nothing to do with it.

Too bad, though, that he didn't follow the plan of Georgie Boy....escaping into the Nat'l Guard, then staying AWOL most of the time. Could have saved him a stay at the Hanoi Hilton....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

But nevertheless, using a computer isn't really something I care about in a candidate.
'

It should be, it's not that hard to get the basics down. If he can't take the time to learn the basics of use something as easy as, lets say...Word, or the internet, or email, then how the heck can McCain tackle bigger issues?

And computers are a part of this world and day and age now, and he's not taking the effort to learn something of it. What kind of example is that? Laziness and like you said he's 72 and traditional, that's not what this world needs, we're looking ahead to growth not holding back.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

So very well put.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

So now you're saying that the POTUS should lead troops *IN* the battle field?

About as much as the POTUS types his own letters and scans every email.

Your ignorance of how the American POTUS operates is breath taking. Did we all learn that in High School American History class?

Oh Andrew! Why so personal? And at such an early phase of exchanges? Tsk tsk!

Or didnt you know that, "becky"

Now the fact that you went that extra malicious step and put a section of my username in quotes shows that you are trolling and baiting, Andrew. Against the T&C, and very unkind.

Is that what Barack would do, Andrew?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Avoiding the argument to save your own tail

I dont blame you.

If i was in opposition of Obama for reasons like most, i'd be running from the facts too.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Your post is off topic and makes absolutely no sense at all. What does it have to do with McCain's computer skills?

SR

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The could be damaging in the respect that he may not view computers as a vital part of your nations security and the countries day to day operations, which in the 21st century is just not true.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Or you could look a it this way: McCain spent 5.5 years as a POW and that works out to 48,180 hours. He got 28 medals, which translates to one medal every 1721 hours.

source

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
McCains computer handicap is nothing more than a window of which to view what kind of person he is.

He's old fashioned.

He still thinks only white male christians are worth a damn. His voting record proves it.

He uses racial slurs as a means of justification.

Hell, he probably still has his milk brought to him by a guy in a goofy hat, watches Hee-Haw, and takes the Model-T into town to trade some beaver pelts for a few bushels of maze.

He's old fashioned. Fittingly so - the ideal of conservatism is to preserve tradition. The only problem with conservative traditions is inequality, racism, bigotry, and corruption.

John McCain is living, breathing, walking, talking proof of just that.

His computer skills?
Just another window.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Too bad, though, that he didn't follow the plan of Georgie Boy....escaping into the Nat'l Guard, then staying AWOL most of the time. Could have saved him a stay at the Hanoi Hilton....

Of course he could have always followed the plan of Barry Boy, and avoided service altogether.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

..yeah. And McCain intended on staying there.
When did this become about McCains service?

Sure, he served, and ill give him credit for that.
But what "heroism" came out of his being forced into a camp?

Im sorry it had to happen to him - and it is unfortunate, but how does it make him anymore qualified than anyone else?

Is that what conservatism has come to these days? You dont mean jack *snip* unless you've served some time in a POW camp?

Personally, i find it more impressive to be a black male like Obama in today's world, where you have to fight off white christian males LIKE mcCain in order to get a piece of the pie.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Avoiding the argument to save your own tail

I dont blame you.

If i was in opposition of Obama for reasons like most, i'd be running from the facts too.

What are you prattling on about Andrew? Don't let that "fighter" title go to your head - you've proven already that you immediately resort to ad hominem attacks instead of true debate. Can't handle the heat, obviously.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Heh. I wont derail a thread to appease your best interests.

Refer to my last post for actual attempts at debate, presented with factual reference, that keep going ignored by all of those in opposition to Obama on the grounds of racial hatred, blind ignorance, and over-all stupidity.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Personally, i find it more impressive to be a black male like Obama in today's world, where you have to fight off white christian males LIKE mcCain in order to get a piece of the pie.

Yeah, real hard, after thousands of white men like McCain died giving them their freedom. And after hundreds of white men voted to end racism and pass Affirmative Action laws paving the road for race-based college admissions and job quotas. Most of those white men were REPUBLICAN, btw, Andrew. We learned that in high school American History class.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh, now we're going to be noble?

I guess no black people fought for those rights either?

The "white people" who fought in favor of civil rights were not on the front lines using words like "gook" and 'n-word'

they werent voting against recognition of civil rights leaders like mccain

they werent joking about beating their wives - again - like mccain has done

but all of that is only RELATIVE to mccains inability and unwillingness to learn a computer

its just the same as he admits he knows nothing about economics

he has an inability to grasp a basic understanding, and an unwillingness to try.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Raise your hand if you think a presidential candidate should know how to use a computer?

John McCain has no idea how to use a computer. But the personal computer has only been around for almost 30 years so maybe we should give him a break.

McCain Doesn't Know How To Use Computers

Let me see,

It is obvious I can operate a computer, but that doesn't make me good presidential material,

See it can work both ways.

Lincoln didn't have computers,

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join