It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red light (or object) in the skies above the North East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi all!

This is a story from the North East of England. Please note: If you live in America, and have an overly developed ego and/or sense of patriotism, I am NOT, repeat NOT, going to rename the title of the thread... If you cannot get over the fact that there is more than one North East on this planet, then you should learn to grow up!

On to the information:

About ten minutes ago, my younger brother (who is in his mid/late twenties) came running into my house and asked me to "Come and look at this. I want to know what you think"

I immediately got up and followed him outside, as he seemed rather flustered and anxious about something. He is not normally the sort to become easliy excited (not about this sort of thing at least).

As we got outside he pointed to something in the sky.

It is overcast currently and going dark, rather quickly.

I couldn't see anything, having come from a bright room into the gloom outside, as my eyes were adjusting.

He was pointing to the object in the sky, and telling me that as he walked over it was a round light, about the size of a ten pence piece (or a quarter, for the Americans here) held at arms length.

He stated that the light was static for a while, then it blinked, but did not move in the sky.

As he had come into the house, and we both went outside it obviously diminished in size and brightness, to the point where it could not be seen any more.

This is all of the information I can give. The irritating thing was that I immediately ran outside with my camera, in the hopes of taking an image of something grandiose, only to be thwarted by time... As such what you read here is all the information available.

So, does anyone live in the North East of England that might have seen this?

Is there anyone out there that might shed some information on this phenomenon?

Thanks for reading!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I live in teh north east and was out on a 5 mile long walk in the countryside at the time recording my video blogs for youtube. (I do them to relax and keep fit.) I didn't see anything but I'll be sure to check over them just in case I caught the red light.

Wayne...

[edit on 11/8/2008 by the secret web]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sounds neat! But I have no idea what it was other than the obvious - a planet. Your title would have been better if you specified Great Britain or UK. Sometimes people search ATS and the key words you use are important. We can share the term Northeast.

I live in the Northeast USA
You live in the Northeast UK.

Next time please be specific in your title.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by the secret web

I for one hope that you did catch something, even if it was inadvertantly! That would be a great find.... assuming that the object is in a good enough focus.

It is worth noting though, that I have seen strange lights like this in overcast skies before. The last time I saw something like this was a few months ago. It was orange and static. Again, this object/light remained stationary, silent, and then just shrank to nothing.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Whilst I respect what you say, adding, or leaving out certain 'key words' might well help ATS members to get to this thread... It could be that if I had added the abreviation 'UK', some members might not visit this thread.

I would have thought it more prudent to have as many people as possible look at the information presented, thereby improving our odds of getting an explanation.

It makes no difference if the sighting was in the UK or the USA... Certainly does not matter if the abbreviations are in the title. We want as many people to look the information over as possible, and hopefully provide an answer.

To suggest that titles should be 'country specific' is nonesense. Many times I have come across threads that use the term 'North East' and the information within is realated to the USA, however no one ever complains or whines about the lack of a 'USA' in the title.

Anyway, I have moved severely off topic.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ah but I live in the North East of Scotland which is nowhere near the North East of England so he should state North East of England. Remember the UK is made up of more than just England.

Nice story BTW, pity your brother didn't have a camera phone on him.

Not trying to be pedantic but the story almost got me excited.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Very good point! Although, I tend to think of England and Scotland (and Wales) as the UK....

Occasionally I call it 'England'.

Reason for calling it UK?

Simple, we fought of countless enemies in the past as a United Kingdom... now we are being divided and conquered, and few see it...

Scotland, Wales and England all seem to be vieing for 'independance'.

Divide and conquer anyone? But that is another story...

I did ask my brother if he had his phone with him, and pain in the arse, on the one occasion he could have used it, 'didn't think to'.... Suffice it to say I had a sharp reply for him.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Does he live near the coast? direction of light.?
I've heard a chopper or two heading seaward.
Possible air-sea rescue?chopper light/flare?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Very overcast/low visibility here.It wouldn't take much for an incoming rain shower to obscure a searchlight.
Can't be more than a few thousand feet till cloud cover.No starlight visible.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

Ah but I live in the North East of Scotland which is nowhere near the North East of England so he should state North East of England. Remember the UK is made up of more than just England.

Nice story BTW, pity your brother didn't have a camera phone on him.

Not trying to be pedantic but the story almost got me excited.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by mclarenmp4]

I have deep Scottish roots my friend and I am well aware of Englands grip on the last remaining colonies in its grasp. I don't really care where in the world someone is writing from if the thread is started such as this one is it is a good read. I look forward to corroborating testimony from other witnesses. I think sometimes that UFOs may flyover a large swath of the planet and multiple sightings along the trajectory may be possible.

To be completely honest I am a Celtic/Viking mutt.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Apparently the light was a very distinct red-orange (although more red than orange).

The light was stationary, but diminished in size after a period of observation. Apparently this period was around ten to twelve minutes in length, including the time it took to get me out of the house, which was about two minutes.

The light did not appear to head in any direction. There was no sound, and there is no rain at present.

The sky was about 95% overcast, with hints of a purple sky behind the clouds visible here and there.

the light was in the middle of what seemed like a very large cloud. After the light vanished the cloud did not seem to do anything unusual.

That's about as much as he remembers and as much as I am willing to interrogate him for tonight.

Good night all.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I did think of the n.e. in America! Your psychic!
But really, it is wonderful to share with a sibling these types of events if in fact you had an experience. It could have been smog blocking a sattelite or anything, just be sure and have your camera handy, as tonight may bring the same anomoly.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Can't you try waterboarding him before sleepy byes..?
Apparently it's an approved 'humane' technique

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I saw the exact same thing in Southern California U.S. on a clear night. Stationary red light, 4x bigger than mars was in 2003. The light slowly disappeared after about five minutes or so, I just assumed it was a supernova or something.

new topics

top topics

join