It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgian army flees in disarray as Russians advance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Georgian army flees in disarray as Russians advance

www.timesonline.co.uk

Georgia’s army was in complete disarray tonight after troops and tanks fled the city of Gori in panic and abandoned it to the Russians without firing a shot.

Residents watched in horror as their army abandoned its positions after a day of increasingly aggressive exchanges of fire along the border with South Ossetia, the breakaway region now fully under Russian control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by Gools]

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So what now? WIll the US and Isreal allow Russian forces to completely win and take back Georgia and the region?

With no cease fire in the works is this really the beginning of the end?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If they do allow this, it will be used purely as a tool to remind the Russians to "mind your own damn business" should we and/or Israel get into it with Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
If they do allow this, it will be used purely as a tool to remind the Russians to "mind your own damn business" should we and/or Israel get into it with Iran.

I am not too sure how these two things compare. This is Russia's damn business. Iran is not the US', unless I missed the news report of Iranian military shelling American citizens.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
So what now? WIll the US and Isreal allow Russian forces to completely win and take back Georgia and the region?

oh please don't desire ANOTHER invasion please

The US was the cause of this in the first place
stop wanting to make matters worse

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The US can't (and won't) allow the Russians to overrun Georgia completely and reincorporate it. It would give the US a major bloody nose strategically, and it'd make the Baltic States and Eastern Europe very nervous (since they dislike Russian influence - they've only been out of the Soviet sphere for twenty years or so).

What the US will do is difficult to judge, but they won't sit by and let Russian tanks roll into Tbilisi.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

I'm not a mod, but you might want to use lower case in your thread title and use the name of the article as the thread title.
I believe that's how it's supposed to be done.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looks like I might be making the Russian youth die for their country. Oh well. Were all probably going to get nuked sometime anyways. Lets make it a good war.

It seems all these crazy things about the illuminati and such become more true everyday! I'm losing all hope for humanity anyways.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know. If we do, then I think it is 'on' against Russia. bad news....

Just saw this map. Looks to me that we may have forced Russia's hand on this with the blockade on Iran.

Things are looking kinda sticky right now.
DocMoreau

PS... The Blockade on Iran?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/8/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

top topics

join