It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce- The Sleeping Prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am posting a documentary made in the 70's about Edgar Cayce. It is windows media 9 at 53mbytes.

hope you enjoy

download here (you'll need to right click and save as..)

If you want to learn more I recommend this link

near-death.com...

The story of Edgar Cayce properly belongs in the history of hypnosis. Cayce had the uncanny ability of putting himself asleep at will and speaking in an authoritative voice on subjects far beyond the range of his normal knowledge. He was not even an avid reader of books. All he needed was the subject to be discussed, or the inquiring person's name, address, and whereabouts, a conductor to make suggestions and ask the questions, and a stenographer to take it all down. Almost every day for forty-two years he had out-of-body journeys in order to answer questions covering an immense range of subject matter. He could do this at any time, any place.

Persons from all walks of life came to him for help or advise. Among them were a movie producer, an actress, a top steel magnate, a U.S. Senator, a Vice-President of the United States; parents, the sick, the lame, the disturbed. His strange gift of clairvoyance has never been duplicated in modern times, although a few other psychics have proved a measure of ability beyond any doubt.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by slave]

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by slave]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sorry, slave but your link to the documentary does not work. Right clicking on the link results in an error.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
please try it again, I was trying to figure out what was wrong, I'm pretty sure it works now.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No one have any comments about the video?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Without watching the video (I've seen lots of 'em on the subject), I can tell you that Cayce is one of the only people genuinely recorded to have a photographic memory. He also worked in a library where he studied books on Mythology and Religion.

It's almost certain that he got most of his ideas and theories from ancient legends that he had stored up in his brain.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'd be studying those subjects too if I was saying all that weird stuff while under hypnotic trance.

If you've read anything of substance about him (or watched the video) you would see there is much more to the mystery

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The link you posted still doesn't work. I'd watch the video if.....ah well.

Cayce is baffling.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
He was a great man, and although some people say that he was not what he claimed to be, I think he was. One of the things I find fascinating is that he did not believe in reincarnation, until he found out by several of his readings that it is real.

He changed many of his orthodox opinions, because of what he experienced during those trances. Also i think that he made readings of many people of future generations. I am not sure about this, since i haven't gone to the Cayce center, to find out. But i remember reading something about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I've always been a big fan of Cayce's. I believe he was the real deal. Cayce was very disturbed by the reincarnation thing he was a devout christian and it certainly did not fit with his religious beliefs but had to change his mind after doing so many readings and telling of his clients past lives, he also talked about Atlantis.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I love Edgar Cayce. I met a man who can do the same things as Mr. Cayce. Only thing is, this man is alive today but, does not want to be in the limelight for his protection. His name is Jaimes Whitegle. The Truth is, he cured my back! I searched for a cure for years through most conventional means. Once I started searching for alternative methods I was put in contact with Jaimes. Oh, by the way, he removed the pain by having me look into his eyes. A very TRUE story. I am alive and well today thanks to him. He now teaches others how to do certain things for themselves under the condition they will teach others, in order to benefit humanity. Sound interesting? It is. Want more info? Contact me. [email protected]
Thanks for your interest.
David Mitchal

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Did he go under the same state, sort of a trance?

Interesting, I don't doubt it

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce was the first person to link the body, mind and spirit. He was a healer and without any mediacal training while he was in trance he was able to diagnose illneses.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am curious that I believe I read Edgar C. spoke of a time I believe over 100 years in the future in the US. Supposedly a large chunk of the western US was the ocean instead of land. Did you hear stories of this too? Did Edgar say when these changes occurred to the US? Did Edgar foresee the next big meteor or asteroid impact?

I've read stories of his healing ability. He is a very interesting person to read about.

new topics

top topics

join