It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Architect of the Matrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For all of you who have seen The Matrix Reloaded (Part 2 of the Matrix trilogies), remember when Neo goes to visit the "Architect".

Now, I'm sure this has been talked about before, but isn't this character supposed to represent the Masonic God, the "GAOTU" or Great architect of the Universe. In the movie of course, he is the architect of the matrix.

Now the Matrix movies have been known to have a plethora of symbolisms running through them.

So if in fact this character does represent the masonic Great Architect, and he is arguably the most powerful character in the whole trilogy. When he scolds Neo by daring to think he his merely "human", many people believe that this meant that he was just another program. Well, maybe he wasn't a program at all.

So what does this mean in real world terms? What are we supposed to get from the symbology of this character? That the masonic god is actually over the real world "matrix" of disinfo and disorder in which we live today?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am not at liberty to discuss these things with you at this time. But maybe someday.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is no "masonic god". Masons must believe in a Supreme Being but there is no such thing as a masonic god.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
GAOTU is just another way to refer to God. Your God; my God; all the same thing. So your question becomes "God is actually over the real world in which we live today?" To which most people who believe in a supreme being would answer "Yes. Of course." (Well, accept the Deists.
)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What it means is that it was a good movie.

thats it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

The Matrix is refering to a false God, as the movies do many times. I can not recall all the quotes but the brothers (if they truly exist) who created the films love to put an underline message that God does not exist and man is in charge of the show.

In the first film there is a scene where a guy says something to Neo like he is his God and Neo says "Remember, I don't exist".

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
The Matrix is refering to a false God...

By the end of the third movie I had no idea at all to what they were refering. Maybe you can explain it to me as I am still confused by that ending.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The important message I got was "the problem is choice."

For anyone looking to an ultimate meaning within the universe, look for an ultimate meaning within a Bach piece. If you were to ultimately unravel it you would just find that the notes were just Bach's choices, more though it seems there is to it in all its beauty.

In other words the universe is not mechanical and can't all be defined by formulas and laws, because we are really all pieces of the ultimate creator, playing with ourselves in an immense and divine work of creative art where we have forgotten ourselves and our only problem is "choice," and our "reality" is really no different than any convincing illusion would be.

Also notice when Neo meets the architect the suggestion that he has "already" met him many times before, each time reacting differently to what the architect says. Every variation is played out to the Architect's delight, and ultimately when Neo wakes up and realizes his situation fully, the Architect is surprised, and says that even he himself does not know what comes next. Neo had broken his chains and became as free as the Architect himself.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
masons dont have a mason god. that term is meant so that anyone can belong and it refers to their god from their individual experience through identification with religion. geez theres a million websites on this tuff and yet people still think masons are demons .

which they are not not to leave any misunderstandings

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I got a kick out of the symbolism at the end where the black lady asks the white-haired man something like: "What about those who want to seperate? You'll release them wont you?" and he replies with a sarcastic twist: "Of course. I'm not human." I thought that reffered to the closing sentence in the Mayan Creation legend, something about the paradigm remaining un-seperated. ( something like the servants accompanying the Lord into the 'Afterlife'.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sir iously
I got a kick out of the symbolism at the end where the black lady asks the white-haired man something like: "What about those who want to seperate? You'll release them wont you?" and he replies with a sarcastic twist: "Of course. I'm not human." I thought that reffered to the closing sentence in the Mayan Creation legend, something about the paradigm remaining un-seperated. (something like the servants accompanying the Lord into the 'Afterlife'.)
And, of course, the black prophet and the white architect form the checkered pavement on the floor of King Solomon's Temple, right?
To be fair, there's a good amount of post-modern criticism about the Matrix films looking at it from a variety of theological and philosophical angles, but I don't recall anything in the films explicitly Masonic in nature. (Might have to re-watch the trilogy with that in mind at some point if I get the time...)

Honestly, I'm more amused by Privy Princess's off-the-cuff speculation that the Warshowski brothers may not exist.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
The Matrix is refering to a false God...

By the end of the third movie I had no idea at all to what they were refering. Maybe you can explain it to me as I am still confused by that ending.

Well, just to comment quickly here, but at the end of the third movie, Neo was almost raised to the level of Jesus, anyways, with his crucifixion-esque death scene.

I got a good laugh out of that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

mason's do believe in a supreme being...... we all know him as lucifer or satan.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Sir iously
I got a kick out of the symbolism at the end where the black lady asks the white-haired man something like: "What about those who want to seperate? You'll release them wont you?" and he replies with a sarcastic twist: "Of course. I'm not human." I thought that reffered to the closing sentence in the Mayan Creation legend, something about the paradigm remaining un-seperated. (something like the servants accompanying the Lord into the 'Afterlife'.)
And, of course, the black prophet and the white architect form the checkered pavement on the floor of King Solomon's Temple, right?
To be fair, there's a good amount of post-modern criticism about the Matrix films looking at it from a variety of theological and philosophical angles, but I don't recall anything in the films explicitly Masonic in nature. (Might have to re-watch the trilogy with that in mind at some point if I get the time...)

Honestly, I'm more amused by Privy Princess's off-the-cuff speculation that the Warshowski brothers may not exist.

[edit on 8/13/2008 by JoshNorton]

Where in my post did I say that the Warshowski SIBLINGS didn't exist???

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I think he was confusing you with rapinbatsisaltherage. She was the one who made the statement, but she was referring to your OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Is that the Piano Reeves movie where there is a green world and one world that isn't where everyone wears poop-stained clothes? I think I remember that one.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Oh, ok thanks. I see now. Cuz I was like...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yeah. Sorry about that. Misattribution. I was referring to rapinbatsisaltherage's post.

My bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

It's all good, JoshNorton

new topics

top topics

join