It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen over Hoboken August 9th (With Video's)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

A small group observed what appeared to be a spinning gray or metallic disc shaped object over Hoboken NJ around 8pm on the night of August 9th, 2008. The disc was centered in a dark cloud. Some people said they saw red lights. It sat there for about 10 minutes and appeared to move East and then North over the Hudson River (see video part 2). My camera could only zoom in so much. We weren't sure what it was but it was quite strange.

OK, so I live in Hoboken and I pretty much always look around for any unusual sightings in the sky. Unfortunately I happened to be awaya this weekend and missed this sighting. I find it unusual because of Hoboken's proximity to New York.

I'm looking for more information, but if there is any one from Hoboken on this site that happened to see it, i'd like to hear more.

Link to story

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
hnmmm. yeah. hard to tell. i like this video because it has some crucial elements to it. overcast sky while rules out sun glare. the object is glowing at a constant rate with to apparent FAA lights which is interesting. wish the cam op woulda zoomed in. unless its cgi, i would say this is def. a ufo. still very far away though so who knows.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maxseamus

It could be a bird or a balloon. It is too far away to make any distinction of what it is. I would hold off calling it extraterrestrial for now.
Thank you for posting.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The video's are pretty much inconclusive it seems like. As it mentions in the video description on YouTube there is heavy air traffic over Hoboken, but I have never mistaken a plane or helicopter for something else in the last 7 years of being there.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nice find, but hard to identify (which makes it unidentified). But it could be anything. Maybe Internos can make something of it?

Thanks for sharing, but I'm afraid it holds not enough concrete evidence for putting a stamp on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This looks like the same object in the Chicago, Ill UFO thread and also it is the same thing I saw but was only able to photograph. Here is the still photo I caught of it. It wasn't a balloon, a bird or a plastic bag. Please see the other video in the Chicago, Ill post.
Here's the link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by virraszto]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
didnt notice a change in speed or direction in the video

stills

does look very similar virraszto

[edit on 11-8-2008 by _Heretic]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
nice man. i live in jersey city, right borderline hoboken/jersey city. around wat time u seen this cause I might have been in hoboken on my bike

top topics

join