It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Proof Of God???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.nobodysmiling.com...

Scientific Miracles of the Qu'ran
This is where it gets phenomonal. People would have to put an effort in to be skeptical about some of this. Now, I will not be able to explain this as thourouly as I should, but if you want further details, I am getting this new information from a book called 'A brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam'. It explains it in much more detail than I will. And it actually relates to some of the points King Arthur makes:
There is an ayat in the Qu'ran which says the following (Rough translation as Arabic needs to be fully understood for some of it to make sense- the words Alaqah and Mughdah are an example):
''We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then we made the drop into an ''Alaqah'' (the suspended thing, or the leech, or a blood clot), then we made the ''Alaqah'' into a "Mudghah" (Chewed like substance)''
This verse is talking about reproduction.
Now, what pertinence does this have to real life? Well...
a. A leech (Alaqah) feeds off the human blood, as does the foetus feed off the mothers blood.
b. The suspended thing (Alaqah again) is used to describe how a foetus is clinged and attached to something in the womb.
c. The blood clot (Alaqah once more) is used to describe it's appearance- the foetus looks like a blood clot at this stage due to relatively large amounts of blood present in the embryo, during the early stages.

The foetus then develops into this chewing-gum like substance (the Mughdah). What do they mean by chewing-gum like? Well, look at the foetus on the 26th day. The back begins to take form and the somites at the back of the embryo mimic the marks made on gum when it has been chewed.
A bit of psychology for you lol. The Cerebrum is commonly associated with lying and telling the truth, as well as aggression. There was once a man who prevented our prophet from praying at his holy site. We believe that God sent forth this ayat:
''No! If he does not stop, We will take him by the Naseyah (Front of the head)! A lying, sinful Naseyah"
Why is it called lying, if people at that time had no clue about why people lie or act aggressive (like the individual who prevented the prophet from praying)?
A bit of plate tectonics for you now. An Ayat was revealed "And He has set firm mountains in the earth so that it would not shake with you''. The fact that the modern theory of plate tectonics says that the mountains work as stabilisers for the earth. This theory only formed in the 1960s- the ayat was revealed 1400 years ago.
Cosmology. The modern theory, apparent undisputed fact, states that the world was nothing but a cloud of 'smoke'. An ayat was revealed:
"Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke''
The Earth and the 'heavens' ie Sun, stars, planets etc were once one entity. Again, the Qu'ran states:
"Have not those who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity, then we seperated them?"
This refers to people who say that God doesn't exist but the universe started off as a smoke. God (or whoever you believe wrote the Qu'ran lol) states here that the world did indeed start off as a smoke, but he was responsible for seperating them.
About clouds, the Qu'ran says "Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it?" The stages a Cumulonimbus cloud goes through involves:
1. Clouds being pushed by the winds ("Clouds move gently")
2. Joining- small clouds join together ("Then joins them together")
3. Stacking- When the small clouds have joined, updraft increases (especially in the centre) and the large surface area causes these clouds to grow vertically (''Then makes them into a stack'').

Furthermore, about the clouds:
"And He sends down hail from mountains in the sky, and he strikes with it whomever He wills, and turns if from whoever He wills. The vivid flash of its lightning nearly blinds the sight"
The height of Cumulonimbus clouds that shower hail is 25k to 30k feet- in similarity to mountains. The fact that it says ''its lightning'' may confuse people- this is talking of the hail and the clouds input into lightning. Unlikely as it may seem, it has become accepted that as hail passes through the clouds, the clouds become electrified.

ehhh, as an atheist I don't really know what to say about this.

This thread is directed mainly towards atheists, but believers feel free to respond as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

There can be no proof of god. So, no.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by AlexG141989

ehh well, not definitive proof, but a little bit of evidence that may lead one to believe that he exists... I don't know, I need to re-read that

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Were living aren't we?

I think that anyone that doesn't believe in God or a "Maker" is absolutely retarded and doesn't deserve Life.

People think that everything just happened chance! lol It kills me to know that people think that all these complex things just appeared with out any divine intervention.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You are proof of God.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It would be ironic if a big bearded guy in a white robe climbed out of the sky and smote you down just as you were hitting the 'post' button

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There are quite a few things similar to this to be found in ancient religious texts.

the mahabhatara has examples of things similar to nuclear weapons and death rays.

Even God creating woman from adams rib could be cloning?

If i find the thread i was reading yesterday, i'll post it.
it listed numerous examples of modern principles and inventions/weapons/vehicles etc in ancient texts.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My Christian belief is now based on faith but also proof I received during my Near Death Experience.

Would you like to receive my proof?

I'd be happy to give it to you...unfortunately it was only meant for me and many wouldn't accept the description of my gift. Some will say it was the mind creating drugs to make death easier or lack of oxygen....etc

Anyway belief systems based on religious teachings are all faith based, which means it requires faith from the individual.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
All the proof you need of Gods existance...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The foetus then develops into this chewing-gum like substance (the Mughdah). What do they mean by chewing-gum like? Well, look at the foetus on the 26th day. The back begins to take form and the somites at the back of the embryo mimic the marks made on gum when it has been chewed.

How could Mughdah translate to chewing-gum-like? They didn't have gum.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You are proof of God.

No I am not.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What it proves is that like many other ancient texts, mankind was once the beneficiary of much knowledge which took thousands of generations to recover.

Many texts reveal symbolic representation that are stunningly in line with scientific understanding which eluded us until most recently (and who knows how much more will be 'rediscovered' as time goes on?)

I suspect that if it's proof of God that you seek. The only advice I would feel comfortable giving is, listen to your heart.

In the end, faith is not rational, it is an exercise of pure will.

Many new age movements recognize the potential of willpower. Many 'old' age movement recognize the power of faith. I suggest they may be very closely related - if not one and the same.

Of course, that means that by believing, we may, in effect, create God. I'm not sure that's right. Or perhaps it's the other way around? Now I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Near death experiences are not proof. In that state the brain plays all kinds of tricks on itself, and so renders the experience just that - an experience. Not evidence, not proof, not anything - just a natural trip. That's it.

"Deny ignorance", as they say.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
as an atheist I don't really know what to say about this.

If somebody is lazy enough to define "God" as "everything that is, was, and will ever be," then literally everything is proof of God. It's a circular definition that ends up meaning nothing.

On the other hand, you could define God as a distinct intelligent entity that has an element of self-containment within the infinite everything of the Universe. But that's a bit of an illogical contrast with the above, isn't it? I mean, isn't the whole point of God omniscience and omnipresence?

So nothing is getting proven here, either way. I personally find the Qu'ran a confusing jumble, and from what I understand even reading it in Arabic doesn't really help all that much to clear it up.

Still, the Arabs were interested for a short time in developing an observational scientific point of view, along with the linguistics and mathematics to back it up. Some of this simple observation, along with some flexible interpretation (in my book lightning is not the same as holding an electrical charge), found its way into the writings. No big deal.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Erm, all of these are observable events or coincidental mythic stories that you have read too much into.

It also says that semen is produced in the lower back, which is odd since the Arab slave trade involved castration to prevent their black slaves from breeding.

But no, they think the Quran is perfect.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Erm, all of these are observable events or coincidental mythic stories that you have read too much into.

It also says that semen is produced in the lower back, which is odd since the Arab slave trade involved castration to prevent their black slaves from breeding.

But no, they think the Quran is perfect.

All the faithful, regardless of persuasion, seem to think their particular 'holy' texts are infallible. It is often the root of most of their problems. PLUS they don't trust anyone to have the moral authority to disagree.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The ops post sounds like a plot to keep teenagers from thinking about sex.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
To know if God is real you have to know what a God is.

So what is a God ?

He is not a human thats for sure. And we cant speak of God like he was a human. Thats what a lot of people do when they think about God. We picture God in ouer mindes as if he was a human just like us, but with some magic skills we dont have yeat. But we think we will have Gods knowlage through sciense in the future.

And why cant we prove that God is real! Is that because we cant do the things that God can do. We compare ouer skills and sciense to the skills of God. And because we dont know what a God is, we will always ceep on beliving in sciense and teaching of man to see if we can figure him out.

We humans will never have the skills and knowlage of God. Thats common sense.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is no way to prove or unaprove "GOD" to anyone but yourself. I think Kinglizard describes it on his behalf. It's the experiences of life and what you learn during that time that helps determine your faith/beliefs. No one in this whole world can do that except me. People can tell me things, I can read every book and watch everything on TV. My parents can take me to church and pray for me, but only me can prove GOD to me.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

No, as you can't prove god to yourself. Any more than I can prove unicorns to myself. Or any more than you can prove Santa Claus to yourself. The fact you think you can clearly shows someone has planted that idea in your head. It certainly isn't based on the logic you think it is.

Let me guess - in your life there is someone you trust, possibly even love, who is religious, who you listened to from an early age.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join