It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have a brain tumor or something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So, I don't actually know if I have a brain tumor but I wouldn't mind opinions, mainly ones saying I don't.

First off let me say I cannot go to the doctor and get a cat scan or anything because I'm 21 living on my own with no insurance or anything and so I just can't afford it.
So lets just pretend to be our own doctors.

I've been getting this just awful headache in the left side of the back of my head. Horrrrible, throbbing I feel like somethings trying to kick its way out. it'll last a few seconds , then go away, a few seconds later it comes back and dose the same thing for about 5-10 mins, sometimes it'll stop for hours then come back.
First I tried taking Ibroprofen, which didn't help.
A different time I tried my s.o.'s 600mg asprin. Which didn't help and I'm not even about to take two of those.

Thats the first thing,
I also get night terror whatever things where you can't move but your awake and it hurts, its scary, can't scream, can't get up, just have to wait for it to pass. I get those once in awhile.

My hearing has gotten worse, my eye sight has gotten worse and my smell. Its really lame.. I'm 21 years old.
I have to go get glasses (which I can't afford) now because I can barely read street signs. I can't ever smell anything other people smells, I'm asking "what?" all the time I feel like my grandma.

And Although my hearing is worse I do hear a buzzing,static, or a high pitched beeping or just high pitched tone ALL the time.
Remember when your a kid and laying in bed and its totally quiet and you focus on how quiet it is and the "quiet" becomes deafening loud? My cousins used to talk about it so I know I'm not super nutty.
I hear that all the time. But with beeping and other tones.

Its all just super lame, and it's been going on for like the last year really.
Wether I'm stressed or happy.
Any ideas? Am I just sickly? Is this all normal?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You better check this out.

What money you have will do you no damn good if you die from a brain aneurysm.

Info

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If you don't get this checked out PRONTO, there is a real chance
you may DIE and quite painfully I may add.

Goto the NEAREST emergency room ASAP and tell them your symptoms
telling them the head pain is unbearable and medicines aren't helping.

BY LAW they cannot turn you away from emergency
if you do not have the funds to see a doctor.

Especially tell them about your rapid loss of hearing and eyesight
within the last few weeks. This will give the intern/doctor pause
to think it IS a tumor and at the very least you'll get a CAT scan.

The issue is what happens if your initial diagnosis is correct
and that you DO in fact have a tumor such as a neuroblastoma
or one of the varying types of glioma?

en.wikipedia.org...

Thr problem now becomes that if your parents/brothers/sisters can't
or won't help you out financially, you'll DIE a very painful death
since most metastatic tumors are fast growing and invasive
of the sections of the brain that control, sight, smell, taste and
other limbic functions.......To be very blunt you REALLY need to do
whatever is necessary in your actions and words to make sure your
relatives understand that this is not a pretty disease and that
YOU WILL DIE PAINFULLY if you don't get their help!

AND YOU really need to understand that death comes very, very,
very painfully and that you will really, really, really need their financial
help to beat this.

Do not delay because even ONE DAY can make the difference
between LIFE AND DEATH...If you are too late, you will have to
face an unbelievably painful, debilitating decline that even
the strongest pain medicine WILL NOT STOP !!!!!!!!

Get Over To That Emergency Right This Minute !!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I Know stress can make anything 10x worst. It can make the smallest symptom seem like its the end of the world. You need to go and get it checked ASAP. GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AND TELL THEM YOUR SYMPTOMS. BY LAW THEY CANNOT REFUSE ANYONE. YOU MIGHT HAVE A LARGE BILL AFTER WARDS BUT DAMN, YOU WILL AT LEAST FIND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. It might just be stress and migraines. So go find out. That sux about you and millions of others not having insurance. What a world we live in.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PixelMePretty

I also get night terror whatever things where you can't move but your awake and it hurts, its scary, can't scream, can't get up, just have to wait for it to pass. I get those once in awhile.

Ok, this is not night terrors. This is sleep paralysis. Your body is caught, if you will, between awake and rem sleep. Everyone gets this from time to time.

Originally posted by PixelMePrettyAnd Although my hearing is worse I do hear a buzzing,static, or a high pitched beeping or just high pitched tone ALL the time.

This sounds like tannitus, or constant ringing in the ear.

Pixel I am not a doctor but I worked in the health care field for six years.
Personally, I don't think you have a brain aneurysm BUT I would go to a free or low cost clinic to see a doctor.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by fishneedh2o]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Info..if you are interested. But I don't think that is what you have either.
en.wikipedia.org...

Whether you can afford it or not, health is the number one priority. When you are ill, nothing else matters.
Get yourself checked out, if for nothing else than peace of mind.
It would be sad if it turned out to be something easy to cure now, that you let go unchecked, and paid for it later.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I doubt you have a brain tumor but you really should get things like that checked out. People online cannot be your Dr.

I had migraines off and on for over 20 years and despite MRI's and CT scans through the years, it wasn't until last February that I was finally diagnosed with an AVM.

en.wikipedia.org...

I had gamma knife surgery in May and though that can take up to 3 years to do what it's supposed to do, I have already noticed a decrease in headaches, light sensitivity and a few other things that even the Dr's weren't sure had anything to do with my AVM.

I also experience sleep paralysis and I've wondered if it can be related in any way to my AVM but AVM's are rare and sleep paralysis isn't that rare so I doubt the two have anything to do with one another.

PLEASE seek medical attention. It's a lot cheaper, financially, physically and emotionally, to discover something BEFORE it grows or bursts than after!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oi, Alright geez, sense I didn't get a single "Hey! I have all those symptoms just get more sleep and you'll be fine!" like I was hoping for I'll go find a free clinic, I'm positive theres one somewhere in Portland.

Thanks for all the advice.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The end of the day we can not diagnose you, I wish we could, But theres 1000's of things it could be,

Really we are a complax being
and It could not even be your head! It could be your ears, Sinus, Veins, the list goes on and on,

It could be treated Very easy Or it could be more complex and thats why you need to go get it looked at,

Sadly you say you are short on funds, I take it you are US? Is there any place that can help fund such things? or places that raise money in aid of help ?

surly a hospital can not turn you away..even if your going to have to pay in small bits for a number of years to come,

Really please get looked at, Even if its to ease your own worries, Im sure the stress of this is not helping you one bit,

Have a word with family and friends? maybe they could pull together to help,

I wish you the best and hopefully something will turn up for you soon,

Please keep us updated,

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As others have said, PLEASE see a doctor.

A thought I had when you mentioned your symptoms is a condition I (used to) suffer from when I was younger. It's known by a few names....pseudotumor cerebri, benign intercranial hypertension or idiopathic intercranial hypertension.

My symptoms started with undiagnosed headaches for 3 years...that eventually worsened into vision loss with episodes of complete blindness and many episodes of vertigo. Ringing, whooshing sounds in my ears, and just before I finally got a diagnosis, numbness, tingling and sometimes complete loss of use in my limbs. I was diagnosed rather by accident. I went to have an eye exam thinking I needed glasses and the optometrist noticed my optic nerves were very swollen -- generally a symptom of brain tumor, luckily I just had a "fake" one lol.

As you can see you could be suffering from a million different things with the symptoms you've described....none of them something to blow off. Even if just to ease your mind you really need to find a way to get some help

Please let us know how things go

Michelle

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks, Yeah I live in the US. The emergency room can't turn me away but i'd have a horrible bill. I don't really have any family, just a mother and grandmother who are ill.
But I looked it up and found a free clinic in a near by town so I made an appointment.
So in the next couple weeks i'll get everything checked out.
Eesh Michelle yeah i'm having it looked at for sure now.

I'm trying to get on some sort of low income medical too, hopefully that'll pan out.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelMePretty

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd suggest you print out this page and take it with you. It may not desribe your condition or it may. At least it gives them something to work with and will prevent some clinician from saying it's all in your head. IOW, and this is just my opinion as a fellow member, it's a type of leverage to make them take you seriously.

www.medhelp.org...

Hope this helps and good luck, we'll be pulling for you!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Liek all the others I urge you to go to the emergency room at least if you cant find a clinic that can accomodate you. You can always pay off the bill. AS A taxpayer, I personally wish our money could help people like you instead of people who dont even try to work or contribute to society. But that is for another thread Im sure. Im glad to see you are looking for a doctor.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing actually but for different reasons. I'm always dizzy and have a pain somewhat like yours on the right side of my head above my eye and around into my temple and I've been having trouble walking too. I've also been having changes in my personality and mental capacity (or so I am told since it's very hard to see these things in yourself). Anyway, I say if you can go see a doctor and afford it or access a medical professional for free it wouldn't really hurt. I hope it all works out for the best!

~Bella

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey, sounds like it could be one of many things.

Don't bother with aspirin for neurological pain. Try 2000mg ibuprofen (as long as it doesn't bother your stomach) with a significant amount of water and 100mg of caffeine wouldn't hurt either as long as it's not acquired through any sort of cola drink, ie; tablets.

How did this start exactly? Go back over your day in your mind, what stands out? Did it rain, suddenly change temperature out, become unusually windy? Eat something you normally don't, become consistently dehydrated, encounter any unusual stimuli like strobe/flashing/colour shifting lights or sounds? Change diet, routine, state of mind in a drastic way? Stop or start meds?

Feel free to shoot me a U2U to pick my brain, no pun intended. I have a lot of experience here; of course I still can't really help fix anything and you still need to see a doctor...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You're right, best to examine things as much as possible since many things factor in.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think you are having anxiety and panic attacks and also tension headaches.
I highly doubt that you have a brain tumor, hon.

Have you tried exedrin for your headaches and sipping on SleepyTime Tea which come in all varieties, some for stress, also for sleep??
I only jumped in here because i am the queen of anxiety, headaches, throbbing in the head, insomnia, stairs in my eyes,...i could just go on and on, and i've always been told its nerves.

Take it easy and i would go to a hospital some night and talk to them about it, they have to take you even if you dont have insurance.

Good luck, hon.
dg

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelMePretty

Hey I do/did have all those symtoms. Have had them for yrs now... Finally got to the doctor after I got INS. Headaches, sharp, mild, stabbing, all over.. Finally started having hearing problems then my vision started to go crazy. Blind spots and blur vision.. After a few appts to a doc and a MRI. I had an AVM. en.wikipedia.org... Maybe this will help you. Good luck

top topics

join