It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility cloak now within sight, say scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Invisibility cloak now within sight, say scientists

[url=http://technology.inquirer.net/infotech/infotech/view/20080811-153896/Invisibility-cloak-now-within-sight-say-scientists]technology.inquirer.net[ /url]

PARIS -- The age-old fantasy of rendering objects invisible took a sharp step toward reality Sunday when scientists said they had created a material that can bend visible light in three dimensions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There are various things that can be used for this technology.
I am sure one would be for military use. Imagine the possibilities. But it is also quite worrying on how far can they go to develop this technology.

Another issue is if it falls down to the wrong hands.

[url=http://technology.inquirer.net/infotech/infotech/view/20080811-153896/Invisibility-cloak-now-within-sight-say-scientists]technology.inquirer.net[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yea, You beat me to it. I just never got around to posting it.

I wonder exactly how long this technology will take to full develop. Available to the public????

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Something is wrong with the link and I can't fix it. I tried though.

Hi Mod, please help me fix the link. I am not sure on what's wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
you didn't close your first tag with an ending ]
that's the problem

nehow, the american army will use this for bad things, so humanity takes another loss with what would normally be considered an advance.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I hope to god the finished version is never released to the general public. People can be creepy enough without being invisible

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
makes me think that if we are jsut figuring this out, think about how far advanced ana lien species would be and how much they would have masterd this technology, they could be all around us we just might nto ba able to see them lol
think about it!

top topics

join