It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC TV Series Spooks Code – 9, 2012 and Martial Law in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi all,
I have just finished watching the first 2 episodes of a new BBC TV series called Spooks – Code 9. The series can be viewed on the BBC’s iplayer service and was originally screened on BBC3 on Sunday 10th August 2008.

The Series takes place after a nuclear attack on London during the Olympic Games of 2012. It follows a bunch of MI5 (Security Service) agents 11 months after.
There are a lot of interesting themes in this series, if you look past the acting which is average at best. The themes covered are a post attack martial law/police state, biometrics, terrorism and government conspiracy.

It seems that the makers are taking a cue from Jericho and spinning it in an internal governmental perspective. Is this propaganda, predictive programming or just a harmless drama series that the BBC using to cash in on alternative media and conspiracy theories?

I am posting to see if anyone has seen it or what their thoughts are about the BBC producing such a show.

Cheers

Djaybeetoo

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A sample quote from the show in the opening credits. "New World, New Rules!", Any Comments?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It could be another case of this Clicky or i could be desensitization or it could be a writer using the conspiracy theory's of the day to create a plotline...

We wont find out until we see if a nuke goes off in London during the olympics

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Intersting point Dermo, I have read the Ghost Recon thread. And you are right, we will not know if it is true until 2012. The whole thing gave me the impression of it being a piece of government propaganda, even down to the transitions between scenes, which is a Union Jack.

Have you been able to see it on i-player?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Another theme in this show is the recruitment of young people and criminals to further the UK governments Secret Police Agenda. All the protagonists in this program are under 25 years old. There is an sub context of intergenerational warfare as the young are recruited by the state to further a totalitarian agenda.

The show is available on the iplayer service for another 3 days, hopefully the BBC are dumb enough to distribute it worldwide, ala Dr Who.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
check this out www.libertynews.co.uk... it is in connection to the program of spooks, it is a news agency set in 2013

new topics

top topics

join