It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Guys, blackout? i know i havent been online for a couple of days but am i missing something here? what blackout?

Not yet - ATS had some down time and there was some odd weather with nights lighting up and days darkening - so it prompted the discussion of Life Without ATS Mawahahaha... and how we could all still give each other heads up and keep this unique community alive.

If you don't have time to read the whole thread, bottom of P. 6 has a synopsis of list of ideas of how to distinguish ATSers amongst the masses. And some more good ideas since then as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

schrodingers dog, what suggestion do you have for a next step with this thread?

Should it be left as is to grow organically?

Or, encouraged / facilitated a little to get people to seek each other out locally now while the seeking's good?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
creepy, a secret society within ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOfinder51
creepy, a secret society within ATS.

no not creepy - friendly. We've discussed the "secret" vs. "non-secret" issue and some are comfortable just announcing that they're ATSers and others are more comfortable with a level of anonymity (like the avatars provide).

But creepy is preferably not the ultimate goal

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
reply to post by Wallachian

It is a little secret society-ish... I was mulling about that. Well, technically, above secret society-ish
It does raise the question, are the secret societies trying to keep others out or just seeking like-minded types and avoiding being preached to for their independent thoughts.

Or at any rate, at least was this the idea at their origins before inevitable infiltration (or new blood ... off shoots ... etc.).

Good point though -

This is a really good idea.
I think the 'A' then - 'T' greeting combo is a really good idea. We can use that, in fact I'll let some of the boys know about it.
A neat little idea might be for us all to come up with a sign for help, a subtle sign, like the masons have, except more subtle.
What we should do is take all the possible ideas for an ATS 'sign' and put them to the vote.
After a week has passed we all know what will be the 'proper sign' to use

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername
reply to post by TornPages

I love the latin mumble! The others are very subtle indeed. I've been playing with the two hands /\ and sliding into the T for time out. The T ends up sort of tilted and I always find myself tapping the top cross bar to the base twice. It's a satisfying little gesture that doesn't seem unnatural, but it's distinctive.

Let's start Tuesday and see if any of us see each other doing any of these

And see if ATS will do a Pin / location page for threads? Or we could start ATSers In San Francisco (or whereever) Threads... or Posts I suppose on this thread.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by trusername]

Definately, you can make the sign look like you're just fidging and nervous, or just playing with your hands. If the other guy is ATS he will be looking for the 'sign'

Now the sign is good but the S is missing and without the S some ATSers might think 'Hmm' was he just 'playing' and not really making the sign.

So...

A final 'part' of the 'sign' could be, after making the /\ then the 'T' could be a rough formation of an 'S' in the same movement.
After the hands make a the 'T' make a half fist with the 'I' hand and touch the knuckles of it to the palm/wrist.
The other guy could either repeat the gesture or/AND give out the latin word of Deny Ignorance to which the initiator could give the translation

If no-one has a better non-verbal sign then I think this can be the main recognition sign we all use.
But the only realy limitation is our own imagination.

It's funny how a few ATSers find this sign talk amusing but I know if I was in a SITX with no real allys amidst a sea of unknowns and strangers, the sign would be key. It'd be something to hold to and keep the spirits up just knowing that somewhere 'out there' is another dude not tied into the sheeple

I disagree with it being an audible sign like the 'log-in to ATS' if others are around, as all of a sudden you get a bunch of nosy parkers wanting to know what ATS is etc etc etc

[edit on 12-8-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

I've been thinking about the "pin" idea and concluded that it should be "glow in the dark" so that we can see it during the blackout. And yes it did take me two days to come up with this gem.
Also before I seek fellow ATS members in a blackout, the first order of business is locating the fattest guy in the immediate area, re. movie "Alive".
Come to think of it, chances are that the fattest guy in the immediate area IS an ATS member. 2 birds 1 stone.
Sorted!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

How about this... hands like /\ to make the A

then sliding to a time out a little on it's side / subtle to make a T

then tapping the tips of your fingers to the palm / cross bar of the T ... 3 times for the morse

dot dot dot to make S

That makes ATS - it could be an invite to meet other ATSers face to face

Or it could be a sign of HELP these are unfriendly aliens around me disguising themselves as public officials - ATTACK and free me

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i think that when something like this happens, we should use a signal to mock the new world order, like if they make a signal,

or even something like jay-z's "diamond cutter" sign:

we could do liiiike, something similar, only like, when doing it, use your middle finger to cross through the middle of the triangle, so it looks kinda like an "A".

it's a little ingenious in my opinion
but then again i am a genious.

lololol.

peace, bros

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I dunno if I'm misreading things, but are some of you actually considering asking strangers if they're on ATS? I dunno how many members ATS has, but say there's 1000 in the USA. With a population of around 300 million you have basically 299,999 people out of every 300k who will look at you funny. Am I missing something or getting my figures wrong? In most other countries the figures will be worse. I'm looking at 1 in a few million in South Africa who might be ATS users.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AzraelTheBold

Ha! It's added it to the list - and I could think of times where it could be a more satisfying gesture than some of the others

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

No doubt about it - needles in haystacks
But if there's a blackout for more than say a few weeks and ATSers start getting conspiracy withdrawals... why not scout around?

But you're right - this is why it would be fun for lurkers and other conspiracy sites to join in. And, of course, if there's a predetermined meeting place, it will be easier to find each other than only randomly making odd hand movements and mumbling things in latin when walking through crowds

Maybe more members will consider adding their locations to their profile so when posting - local groups of members can connect with each other if they like. Or if none in your area - but one where you vacation...? Or not. What ever feels right -

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maybe it has already been said, and if it has then I second it. I am thinking of the movie Shawn of the Dead. We need to meet in a bar. The best one you can find. I have it on good authority, you can indeed live by beer alone. (Sophomore year proves it.) That way when you travel to a new town, you will know where to find fellow ATS'ers.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the 5 P's. It's no different then anything else. If you start now and designate who you would want to meet and what they bring to the table and then train with them a couple of times to see if they can and are able to do more then type on a computer. Then get out a map and plot work and home and where most of the place your goine to be outside of 5 miles from home. Then pick both gernerally close sites to the group for localised events and larger fall back points for major life altering events. Have a master phone tree for the group made up with emails and phones numbers and drop events that would require no communication just movement to "secure" scouts prior planned spots. Keep in mind times of day and run a drill or two every couple of months. Why wait until chaos is upon yourself then hope to meet others of like mind and planning.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Doubt we'll find much argument to this suggestion

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

...If we had an event occur that required us to pool our resources to survive, my contribution could be knowledge of plants for medicinal purposes or as food sources...

Yes! That is exactly what I meant. I'm right there with you, I have a bunch of books on that stuff too. It's amazing what you can to with food grade hydrogen peroxide......and its cheap.

Here is a suggestion for the logo: "at" sign ( A T) with an S

...and I'm in for the bar

[edit on 13-8-2008 by glad_to_be_His]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Have you guys seen today's ATS thread on crazy fruit? Before SitX Im getting some of those berries that make everything taste good... "miracle fruit" I think they said.

But yes, ATSers with solar panels, Ham Radios, and Miracle fruit - we're set

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Black out?

Anyways,.. i suggest the ATS Logo. Put it on whatever makes it visible to another person. Like a key-thing. I dont know the name for it in english but i mean those things you can put your keys on to keep them together.

Something like this?

Something like, WTF Where is mine?!?! I want one!

But seriously.. I wasn't joking about the whole local chapters type thing.. I for one would embrace it.. plus I think it'd be smashingly good advertising for ats... (can I have a cookie for coming up with the idea) ...[or at least popularizing it?] ... hahaha

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Yes - chocolate chip! Any ideas how to organize chapters? Maybe in a few weeks we start a thread like:

Calling All ATSers - September 21st Fall Equinox (practice blackout?) -

and everyone around the world can try to meet up at noon outside libraries and cemeteries and in bars.. by flapping their hands and mumbling latin to their key chains?

You wanna try?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hello all,

I am a like-minded individual who, up until now, has lurked on ATS for quite some time. I hope you won't mind if I jump in and join the discussion.

I wanted to reiterate what other posters have touched on earlier. Any specific ideas for signals, passwords or pass-phrases, etc. that get discussed on an open Internet forum like ATS are instantly and irrevocably compromised.

Also, as a licensed ham radio operator of nearly 20 years, I can tell you that the radio spectrum is monitored often and certainly would be monitored 24/7 during a "Situation X" scenario. Any mode, including voice or CW (digital would not be practical or even possible in a large scale blackout with no power), would be insecure and subject to triangulation with even modest equipment on the hunter's end.

As for hand signals and symbols to identify fellow ATS members, I have one idea. Perhaps instead of agreeing on a particular thing - like the hand gestures discussed before, or the wearing of a particular badge or pin - there could be an agreement on a particular theme which would allow for wide variations among the specific signs and/or actions actually performed, yet would still be recognizable to ATS members who are alert.

For example, one theme might be "the missing link." A man removes a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. He puts one in his mouth and then searches his pockets for a lighter only to find that he has no lighter. He returns the pack to his pocket, perhaps leaving the cigarette in his mouth. The "missing link" is the absence of a lighter on the person of a man who smokes regularly.

Another theme might be "mirrored gestures." A woman wearing glasses picks up a pamphlet, magazine, etc. She then removes her glasses before proceeding to read it.

The rationale behind the "themes idea" is 1.) the only thing agreed upon and set in stone by ATS members is the particular theme to be adhered to, allowing wide variation in signals that, while not obvious to those not looking for the theme, would be obvious to other ATS members, and 2.) the specific behavior chosen as a signal would be something that looks perfectly normal, i.e., something that any normal person would expect to see other people doing out in public. Non-ATS would not see such behavior as significant in any way. Finally, 3.) the nature of the specific actions could be changed very easily worldwide by simply changing the agreed-upon theme, like, say, editing one master CSS file to change the entire style of every page of a website at once.

This is just an idea. I hope you find it at least thought provoking.

ambrose

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join