It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TornPages

I love the latin mumble! The others are very subtle indeed. I've been playing with the two hands /\ and sliding into the T for time out. The T ends up sort of tilted and I always find myself tapping the top cross bar to the base twice. It's a satisfying little gesture that doesn't seem unnatural, but it's distinctive.

Let's start Tuesday and see if any of us see each other doing any of these

And see if ATS will do a Pin / location page for threads? Or we could start ATSers In San Francisco (or whereever) Threads... or Posts I suppose on this thread.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

This is probably one of the best ideas ever.

We could get a lot more accomplished if we were all working together, perhaps even getting together before Armageddon?

Either way, there is enough users on here that we could get something done.

Aside from bickering amongst ourselves and peeking through the blinds every five minutes to make sure that there aren't men in black suites walking up the driveway.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

I agree Lannock we shouldnt discuss any further secret handshakes and what not, I am also a realist and I really dont know if any of us can trust anyone else but ourselves when the time comes.. Its a good feeling to know there are others like you but I guess it should just be that, a feeling. The thing is we can compromise ourselves and our identities faster if we find a way to be identified, to be labeled, I think our only chance to stay alive long enough during lets say the collapse of our infrastructure and the NWO police state is to stay incognito. But In other SIt X like natural disasters and Im going on a stretch here but lets say a Red Dawn Situation, ATS'ers United is a good thing but what can the ATS website Super Moderators and Site owners come up with? Me think they might have already composed a plan?

[edit on 8/12/2008 by SHADO13]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I forgot that if any of you ever actually met me, you would know who I am.

Figuring that i did make my username my actual name...

It was sort of a defiant moment for me, I figured that someone from the government had to be keeping tabs on the people of ATS.

So me using my real name as my username was me giving them the finger.

Very clever Dalan son...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Well Dalan nice to meet you if were ever in a sit x just scream out Q and I'll be nearby screaming Dalan.
I cant really say Im sticking it to the man but I guess Im halfway there!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey guys, i'm new here (and this is my first post) but i just had to jump in and say that i think this is a great idea- although i'm in Western Australia so probably there isn't too many people that are ATSers around here.

But again- great idea! Love the /\ then the hand slide-y thing.
That's just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hey guys, i'm new here (and this is my first post) but i just had to jump in and say that i think this is a great idea- although i'm in Western Australia so probably there isn't too many people that are ATSers around here.

But again- great idea! Love the /\ then the hand slide-y thing.
That's just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Star kitten

Sorry about the double post. Not too bright today...

I'll try not to do it again...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if it has been said already....

If you post a secret handshake or symbol here everyone on the net would know it. Anyone could use it.

Funny though, I was talking to a client today and he kept making all these strange references and I swear I was about two seconds away from asking him if he was an ATS member.

Now that I think about it I think Alcoholics Anonymous has a catch phrase they use to identify members..something like "Are you a friend of Joe's?"

Can't remember but we could say something like "Are you a friend of Springer's?"

Sorry if someone already posted something like this but I like the friend of Springer's thing.

If they say yes we know about ATS. If they say no then we can just laugh it off.

Really interesting topic. I'll read all the posts tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexicon Devil

Or they might have friend actually named springer. Just sayin...

Second line per rules, please disregard.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To the post above, yea AA does have a saying "Are you a friend of Bill/ Bill W?"
Bill Wilson was one of the founders of AA.

Maybe we can say something like "Are you a friend of Dalan?"

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If you want to connect with other ATS members, but not online, I would suggest calling into Dave Rabbit's radio show and speaking with other members over current issues.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
You could go with a simple method used by the christians when they were being persucuted by the romans

Draw something and let the other person finish it e.g ATS, you draw the AT and let the other person draw S so you know they are a member or visit the site

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexicon Devil

great thread! silly enough for me to be in on!

i like the idea of 'friend of springers'.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ok guys, i haven't been known for my great organizational skills, but i have an idea. Please bare with me till the end.

First thing we should do is organize now, before anything happens. The greatest tool we have to do that is, of course, the internet.

If we plan in advance and already establish somewhat of a network of people in our own cities / states /countries, each group can decide their own meeting places, signals and so on. No need to act globally in an event that would cut out local communities from the rest of the world. Where there are many such small groups close to eachother, they can also organize themselves into a bigger group. I don't know if i'm being clear enough, kinda like masonic lodges i guess.

To organize the smaller groups we'll start by making bigger groups, just a few generic ones, like, let's say, USA, UK, continental Europe, Asia etc. Then once the members of these groups are all joined together they can figure out how to organize further.

I would suggest something like yahoo groups for gathering the members. Somebody makes an USA ATS yahoo group, for instance, and those intrested will get the invitation to join by U2Us.

I hope i was clear enough and i didn't confuse anyone. I for one don't know if it's a great idea, but i guess it's better than going around the streets in a chaos situation and asking random strangers if they're a friend of Springer's

Damn i seem to have a lot of time on my hands

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by trusername

I don't know. Have you been to the survival board? Those guys are bonkers. The last people you wanna run into in a blackout. They make light by the flash of the muzzle of their guns. They're what you call a "spray and pray" crowd.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by schrodingers dog]

Hey now... I actually take offense to that. I'm nowhere near the spray and pray crowd. Of course I enjoy my 2nd amendment rights, but that comes no where close to defining who I am.
I'm definitely not bitter, clinging to my guns and religion, lol.

But, I am an Army Veteran, Eagle Scout, Outdoors Enthusiast who loves Hunting and Fishing, and depending upon myself for my survival.

But... I digress ... I think a passcode or a salute or such would not be useful in a total blackout sitx scenario. Think if you had to say "Blue Bunnies Jump Twice". You'd be saying that to everyone that you come into contact with, which would make you seem quite insane.

Also, an ATS logo looks suspiciously like ATF, and might be mistaken for law enforcement. That's something I would be weary of, because it could give you unneeded attention.

It's a novel idea, I just don't see how it can work. Besides, there aren't that many ATS members in relation to normal population. Your chance of running into them are quite low.

If you wanted to signal to other ATS members, then maybe a sort of flag that can be hoisted. It would need to look commonplace, but have several changes or a distinct pattern only known to certain individuals. But, remember if people on this board know about it, then also some unsavory individuals on this board know about it also.

I don't think there will be much chance of running into ATS people in sitx scenario. Most likely, these people (at least the survivalists) will be holed up in a safe location, away from large urban environments. Its these cities which will be places of riot and crime!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

That's a pretty good idea i guess.
local chapters of ATS.
Have meetings, share theories.... a bit of bingo and cream teas and cakes.
we could have a raffle and a meat hamper for Christmas.
Excursions to area 51 and Dulce and Death Valley, CA and other hotspots.
But no seriously, thats not a bad idea.

Hmm...local chapters, meetings, bingo, government secrets...when did ATS become a Freemasonic organization?!?

I guess i actually have to write...

I am being sarcastic.
That's why i said, no but seriously, not a bad idea

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kev1234

That's what I was getting at earlier Kev. I agree. That way if someone knew the "logo" you could start to draw it, if the other finishes it there you have it. If not you just finish the conversation and go on your merry way. Realistically, it could easily be some sort of camp situation where you really wouldn't want to go "hey, remember ATS...." out loud - even though it is obviously the simplest way to go may not be the smartest.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I can just see it now. Fresh fodder for NBC Dateline.

"To Catch an ATS'er."

Location: Undercover After Hours Sting Operation at Neighborhood Radio Shack.

Chris Hansen: "The moon glows bright tonight" (Secret Phrase]

Me: "But not without blu-cheese." (Secret Response.)

(We both exchange "Secret Handshake" when suddenly camera crews burst from behind the racks of D-Cells.)

Chris Hansen: "So you are here hoping to meet other ATS folks?"

Me: "Nope......just hoping to get some free batteries, as my Battery of the Month Club Card has ten punches.........

Chris Hansen: "Yeah right. Then, why are you wearing a Tin Foil hat?"

Me: " Because...uhm...mmmmmm."

Chris Hansen: "We have some of your ATS postings: You go by Kinda Kurious and it says here you believe you can communicate telepathically with Aliens, you can see UFO's in clouds and believe in Chemtrails"

Me: " Errrrrrrr "

( Swat Team and DHS bust in and take me to Homeland Security Camp.)

Announcer: Stay tuned for next weeks episode to see several ATS'ers
sit in a circle chanting "Save Us Springer"....

Just sayin.......kk

I am not big believer in "Safety In Numbers" they always sacrifice the weak ones like me. I think I prefer to take my chances on my own. Sure I will miss this forum, but have you ever noticed how good a can of store-brand baked beans tastes after a week without food? Great ideas by many, But I am going it solo.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Very interesting post! I too have wondered this....
To those of you who have said "just ask them if they've ever logged onto ATS," I made the mistake of doing this at my local Kroger.....I don't think i'll be doing that again. I definatly see how indentifying fellow ATSers would be a good thing and am looking forward to reading more ideas.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join