It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hahaah..... after the disaster we could all meet at city hall nad take over. Then change our initials from ATS to NWO.
. No better way to prove you were right all along than to do it yourself. I knew they were out to get me all along.....

Seriously though, we could just fist bump and yell "popcorn playaz!"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here you go guys.....the answer to your prayers. A secret ATS handshake just for those "in the know" types...haha.

Learn it, memorize it, and on the fateful day you will all know who is friend and who is foe.

Also there needs to be a catch phrase that must be uttered upon contact after the handshake has been administered

Does anyone know how to say "Deny Ignorance" in latin?

Very entertaining thread

Edit to add: and for the record...I wont be giving ANYONE a mustache ride ..thanks

[edit on 8/11/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Well, that would be an ideal... ATS.com could offer a map page with forums. You could stick a virtual numbered pin in your city (not a GPS of your home address but a general area). If others in the discussion write in a way that you appreciate you could look up their pin and if enough are nearby or travel there occasionally, it could be suggested that a meeting is set up.

Probably best that it is in groups. I'm not worried about ATS members, but in case Black Ops are reading, it will be harder for them to corner us when we scatter

[edit on 8/11/2008 by trusername]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

It's actually quite rude, that's why i wanted the person to explain it.
I didn't ant to have to explain.

This Link

should help lol

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Ahhhh - a great way to meet friends and influence people (I will now insert a very appropriate smiley)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ok, what everybody has to keep in mind is that, in general, ats members are not what you call "doers".
We're more the "come up with an idea and someone else can run with it" kinda crew.
So we've got to keep these ideas simple and effort free.
Or we can all head Californi way, I hear them gots internets in Californi.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

That's a bit complicated. Is that the Masonic handshake? It's more junior high school than I expected. That sounds judgmental. I mean, it's almost playful, youthful...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Why do you think I brought this up? I'm in San Francisco, and I'm a little worried about how well I'll cope without ATS and Google should the lights go out.
It's become a part of me now, you see...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Good point about those that do and those that philosophize. But let's take Georgia or Iran. Is there anybody in either of these 2 places, or in direct phone contact with people in these 2 places, online right now reading this? It's not entirely impossible.

Say they wanted to find each other.

And, right now, we don't have a black out, and we can network for others, if they are ATS types.

Do you remember a video that came out - I think it was called I'm Sorry - with people around the US holding signs to the rest of the world re Iraq. And then one came out saying Apology Accepted or something? It was a wonderful act of linking and communicating in a new way.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

To be serious for a moment.
When there are conflicts, charities pop up where people can call in from the conflict area. The charity posts their name on their site so that loved ones anywhere in the world can check. If it hasn't been set up for Georgia I'm sure it will be soon. Usually this is set up by the relief organizations that go in after a cease fire.

But what we're talking about here is a blackout. It's a little less extreme.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

LOL......never mind. Forget I brought it up

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hasn't anyone heard of ham radios? Those can reach anywhere in the world and are usually used in times of disaster. I don't think you even have to learn Morse code anymore to pass the exam although it's a helpful thing to know.It's also like a live chat room in real time.

Sign language is good to learn for oh so many reasons. I began teaching my kids sign language in their infancy. Babies can sign long before they can speak and there are times (in public, mostly) when you don't want to embarass them but they need to immediately stop whatever they're doing. It's also good in public restaurants when you want to have a private conversation and the table next to you acts a little too interested in what you're saying. If you're ever underwater (scuba, etc.) and you need to talk to the person you're with, sign language is helpful. If you're ever in the intensive care unit on a ventilator and your nurse can't read your largely illegible writing, sign language usually works. And even if they don't know sign language, some gestures are universal. (Think clean thoughts, people).

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I agree. I was thinking more along the lines of those not dealing with emergency response, in the heart of it. More like those who want to move things forward diplomatically, but are not physically in a dangerous place. For example, I've talked to people who lived through WWII in Europe and people who were in Iraq during Shock and Awe and there are places in these countries in times of crisis, where things are far from status quo, but they're not like what we see on the news. There are people working and eating and they have the ability to discuss issues because they're not in a state of duck and cover.

One of the best parts about ATS is that you are anonymous, so you can put ideas out there. And see who responds reasonably, wrathfully, ridiculously... and of those that respond reasonably, you may find people who disagree with you and learn why.

Disinformation on both sides, could be cleared up. And the remaining information could be looked at intelligently. For example, if you had a war machine stirring trouble. It would be great to have a bunch of ATSers on both sides find each other and point this out. Perhaps eventually in person creating a demonstration before the media of a uniting force against the war machine, instead of peoples against each other.

I realize this sounds idealistic... but is it impossible?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Ham radios are cool! But how would you find ATS people on them? Would there be many people with ham radios that really aren't ATS types. Who want to control an independent spirit in a black out. Not that they're evil. It may be out of a concern for general well being for the population and to minimize chaos.

And even though I see the logic in that. I still want a way to distinguish ATSers, seek them amongst the sheep and the shepherds. And maybe not only ATSers - I haven't checked out other sites like this, but I see references to them and Yahoo groups etc. in ATS threads.

There are a lot of people out there that look at certain news stories and say... "Er... Nooo..." And that's what keeps us from all succumbing to living in a Futuristic Sci Fi movie lifestyle. This independent thought and that there's so many of us.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Transmission: SF1(san francisco 1).....SF1.....This is Red Squirrel ...
(code for near extinction)..Are you receiving? over.
I want a code name.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tracey ace

Red Squirrel this SF1 - what's your 20?

(I may have that code wrong, I saw it in a pepsi commercial. I think it means location. If it means something else, and it's not polite, please forgive.)

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And, of course we couldn't bring this up on ATS without mentioning ALIENS.

If anything was capable of taking Earth offline... Seriously, humans don't have a great track record of mixing well with other species. We collar dogs, castrate cats, cage exotics and eat most everything else. Aliens may be far more enlightened and, thus, perfectly capable of visiting and departing without any more impact on our lives than the contact we have with the entire species of banana slugs.

If not, the large portion of the human race that really doesn't seem to be ready to conceive of the notion that we are not alone - will go into a collective shock.

And I will really, really want to find the ATSers that have been at the least entertaining the concept of aliens and at best have some experience and research on how to communicate with them. Or, and let's hope not, defend ourselves against them. I would guess, that many of the real experts are only ATS lurkers. They're jobs may prohibit posting. But they may want to be able to find ATSers.

Heck, if there are many types of Aliens, maybe Aliens on ATS would want to be able to find the ATSers that are willing to consider peaceful communication instead of a national military response. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Don't be silly...it will be so obvious...ATS members will be the ones selling rice and bean casserole to the masses when everyone else runs out of food...!

Seriously, though...I like the idea of local chapters...as long as we can keep the survivalists under control...*wink!

Cait

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I Have an idea that could be ideal,

Even better for us as we could use it before any such blackout!

As we have all seen Mr Bush etc, and many people since of similar stature since 2001, wearing the Flag as an Pin Button on their suits.

The ATS store has some good gear!
Cool Gear Here!

However some members walking into a work situation or education, social occasions they might not want to, or be appropriate to wear a Cap or Badge T/Shirt.

Therefore I propose a ATS FlagPinBadge , for want of a better way to describe it!

Unlike the nationalistic vibe and meaning behind the Created and Spun Meme that this has become, our ATS badge would be the first one in the world of a Global Nation!

A nation for Truth

It could be, if designed subtly, worn with suits now in work environments and other such interactions!

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'm going to have look more at the survivalist threads.

See, taking it nice and slow - with global warming, for instance. That, I can handle. It's still a bummer, end of the world and all, but... Survivalist threads may be less depressing but more... frightening?

I'll have to look at how much they're looking at community and communication. I may be wrongly associating an isolationist aspect to survivalism. Which is silly, I guess, since they're on this online community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join