It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Find ATS Members In Large Scale Blackout?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ahhh... good point
It's a bit conventional for this crowd anyway. What else does every town have that could be a meeting spot?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Ahhh... good point
It's a bit conventional for this crowd anyway. What else does every town have that could be a meeting spot?

Let's see. Liquor store and then back to your place for pie.

Actually, to be serious for a moment, what we should have is lapel pins and a little one inch sticker for the car bumper.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
lol

We definitely should have a way of recognizing one another.
Mod's, can't you sort us all out a t-shirt or hat of some sort in case of an emergency like this?

Good thread btw

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What else does every town have that could be a meeting spot?

Mason's Lodge !!!! lolol

Seriously, how about a city's largest open-access cemetary? I don't know of too many close-minded people that frequent one without due cause.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
lol

We definitely should have a way of recognizing one another.
Mod's, can't you sort us all out a t-shirt or hat of some sort in case of an emergency like this?

Good thread btw

Good idea. Something classy like a mustache ride.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

er...... not sure what you mean.....lol

can you clarify the mustache ride comment please

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Any ideas of how to keep the ATS network alive without www access?

[edit on 8/11/2008 by trusername]

[edit on 8/11/08 by niteboy82]

Why not do one better, never mind some catastrophic event.... why not right now designate or self-appoint delegates in each city or town willing to have an ATS coalition, where people from all walks of life involved in ATS make time similar to a town meeting, and gather and discuss current events and local directions that could be taken?

Sorry maybe I'm just making too much sense.. but if we actually want a change, why hasn't this been done or thought of yet? .. is it so bad that like minded groups discuss intelligent topics and events?

This doesn't and should not be construed to suggest that I want groups of ignorant ill-tempered people who are hell bent on changing things; what I am proposing is a group of people who are intelligent enough to pool their resources together to accomplish some positive change on the local level among friends and people who might not have associated or realized they shared similar views/interests.

Instead of preemptively trying to locate members, why not form local groups, so the structure and friendships have already been built.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

That's a pretty good idea i guess.
local chapters of ATS.
Have meetings, share theories.... a bit of bingo and cream teas and cakes.
we could have a raffle and a meat hamper for Christmas.
Excursions to area 51 and Dulce and Death Valley, CA and other hotspots.

But no seriously, thats not a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So you guys wanna make your own secret society now?

That's just silly and i love it!

I want in too, but unfortunately i'd be all alone in my stupid country. That's not fair!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

How do you know you are the only one from your country on here?

If worst come to worst, I'll emmigrate so you're not alone lol

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
And what about International communication. ATS is very helpful in getting US members foreign news and opinions. Let's say we'd still have newspapers and postal service and radio, or at the most basic couriers... no matter what, information will spread by word of mouth. And, therefore, disinformation, too.

How could ATS journalists and interviewees alert the ATSers in the public about the stories within the stories?

Maybe before a tidbit, they'd start with an intro like... "Now here's a real story..." maybe that's too obvious

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Gee, don't your phone work? Snail mail or pony express.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good idea,
Indeed how about the T symbol? as in time out, one hand open, outside of hand facing away from member vertically, with other hand placed horizontally on top creating the classic "time out" symbol?

Surely anyone doing that except in a situation wher "time out" was appropiate would be obviously recognizable? but standing for TRUTH?

It could be modified to incorporate ATS however if drunk might get complicated then :-)

Alternatively we could all learn Mackaton / Sign language, might be best to be hush hush in such an event!

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Cemetery ... now there's a clever, if disturbing, thought. At least it would be quiet. Do all towns have them? I suppose so.

But then we'd have to meet at midnight instead of noon.
But seriously, it's an idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Oooooo I like this one, too. And you could add the A first by going /\ with your hands then slipping to a T -

What do you think? Subtle but informative.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

Well, ideally they'd work - but we wouldn't know who to call or write, since we're all anonymous.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you dig a little deeper .... you just may find what you're looking for.

It won't be hard to find others like ourselves. A few members before me have hinted a little at obvious signs when meeting complete strangers. But, might there be others?

There may be more telling, possibly more obvious (to the trained eye) signs. Then, again ... there might not be.

But to suggest a handshake!? LOL. Come on, this isn't a "secret", "invitation only" club. It's the 21 Century. Handshakes died with the invention of the light bulb and phonograph.

Stick around for a while. Get to know some of us. Maybe you'll find out more than you wanted to.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I had similar visions and or thoughts about this in recent months. Before I was even a member. My thoughts included pins or buttons or such. We would have to determine a way to past the ats test. And how do we know or I know that I'd pass? I think outside the box.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

It is a little secret society-ish... I was mulling about that. Well, technically, above secret society-ish
It does raise the question, are the secret societies trying to keep others out or just seeking like-minded types and avoiding being preached to for their independent thoughts.

Or at any rate, at least was this the idea at their origins before inevitable infiltration (or new blood ... off shoots ... etc.).

Good point though -

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks I was wondering about the mustache reference, too - and it wont help ID females (well most)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join