It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions re: Grand Lodge of Cananda - Haimlton, Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I visit Hamilton frequently, mostly on weekends and I always pass The Grand Lodge of Canada. The first time I saw it, I had already been reading about Masonry and a myriad of conspiracies so I was already well versed in the existence of different ideas concerning secret societies.

When I passed by the first time, I was astonished. There it was right there on the street, sitting next to a local masonic lodge which looks like some sort of old Victorian style mansion.

After passing it several times, I decided to drive around the back of it and roll through the parking lot. To many of you, lodges and masonry in general are nothing more than fraternities so my speculation and spying may seem a bit ignorant but I've read a lot of material coming from both sides and I'm not sure who to believe.

Anyway, at the back there were what appeared to be two caretakers/cleaning ladies taking a smoke break. It was a bit anticlimactic but I was satisfied and went on my way.

I've tried repeatedly to access this website in Hamilton but for whatever reason, it never loads. I get an error (I don't recall the specific error right now) that more or less indicated that there was some technical problem connecting to the site.

The internet service provider is Cogeco, I believe. Is there a possibility that ATS is being blocked in Hamilton by Cogeco?

I also see a lot of cars driving around Hamilton and surrounding counties with the "G" and compass symbol on their bumper - I guess there are a lot of Mason's in Ontario.

I was also told by someone who was doing a story on the firefighters in Hamilton that one of the fire chief's there mentioned that they're all Mason's and that most of the government jobs such as police etc are all given to Mason's.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about Freemasonry in Hamilton? I can't find any info online except for their cheesy website. Any information would be helpful, I'm just curious.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm a student at McMaster university in Hamilton so I have been curious about lodge as well. I haven’t been in the Scottish right castle or the grand lodge building but I have drove and walked by it many times, and have never seeing anything too suspicious. They have a "tour" of the lodge on their website grandlodge.on.ca... .

There is some eternal flame of nimrod/babel/masonry symbology on the lawn but I’m not sure what it really represents (yet) on the higher levels, why is the same symbol used on masonic lodges and to mark assassination victims? (maybe someone would like to clear this up for me, since I’ve read a variety of different explanations on the symbology of the eternal flame).

Other than that, I’ve noticed that in a park in Hamilton, bayfront park, there is a couple circular gazebo type structures that seemed very symbolic and both had clear windows in the top center, maybe for some astrological purposes (cant find any pictures of them online so I will try to head back and take some pictures sometime soon), these were dedicated in 2002 for the queens golden jubilee visit to hamilton. Why hamilton ? and why is Canada still using tax payers money building monuments to the scum ridden royal family. In the same park there is a giant stone chained to the ground, I’m not sure what this means but when I saw it I thought about how Canada is still chained to the queens/England’s rule, but I have no idea what it was intended to mean.

Another thing that heightened my interest in the lodge was an interview on red ice creations with William F Mann, who is according to himself, was the third highest ranking mason in Canada at the time of the interview on February 28. He discusses his books "The Knights Templar in the New World: How Henry Sinclair Brought the Grail to Acadia" and "The Templar Meridians: The Secret Mapping of the New World".

He is supposedly a member of the The Knights Hospitaller, (AKA the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Order of St. John, Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, Knights of Malta, Knights of Rhodes, and Chevaliers of Malta) Knights Templar, (Freemason degree) (AKA The United Religious, Military and Masonic Orders of the Temple and of St John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes and Malta) and The Sovereign Great Priory (SGP is the governing body in Canada of the United Religious, Military and Masonic Orders of the Temple and of St. John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes and Malta) among other titles. Here is the link to the free interview: www.redicecreations.com...

I don’t remember all the details of the interviews but he does say that there is a discovery on the verge of coming out or some type of "higher ancient knowledge about to be exposed" that many different groups will try to lay claim to. He also talks about the possible descendants of Jesus and Mary and the emerging of a new world "leader". no masonic secrets eh ?

Maybe the discovery he is talking about has something to do with the secrets of anti gravity and levitation, that is encoded in the norman hall room in the grand masonic lodge in Philadelphia, as well as the Coral Castle according to this video that was recently posted on ATS: video.google.com...:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sta rtIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#

I’m interested to see what the many masons on this forum think about this guy, especially anyone that has read his books, which I have been meaning to get around to.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrk2012
I've tried repeatedly to access this website in Hamilton but for whatever reason, it never loads. I get an error (I don't recall the specific error right now) that more or less indicated that there was some technical problem connecting to the site.

This site? Loaded just fine for me on Rogers just up the way from Steeltown.

The internet service provider is Cogeco, I believe. Is there a possibility that ATS is being blocked in Hamilton by Cogeco?

More likely, I'd wager it has to do with when you're trying to access it. Cable internet slows WAY down in the afternoons and evenings when most consumers come home and fire-up the home computer.

I also see a lot of cars driving around Hamilton and surrounding counties with the "G" and compass symbol on their bumper - I guess there are a lot of Mason's in Ontario.

No more so than any other jurisdiction in the world.

I was also told by someone who was doing a story on the firefighters in Hamilton that one of the fire chief's there mentioned that they're all Mason's and that most of the government jobs such as police etc are all given to Mason's.

I'd say that someone was either having one over on you or someone was having one over on the someone who told you. Quite honestly, there aren't near enough Masons in Ontario to take up most of the government jobs (even if they were so inclined).
\

Can anyone tell me a bit more about Freemasonry in Hamilton? I can't find any info online except for their cheesy website. Any information would be helpful, I'm just curious.

Thanks

Depends what you want to know. IIRC, Barton Lodge #6 is the oldest in the area and meets at the Scottish Rite Temple which is the old structure to the left of Grand Lodge as you're facing it. They date back to 1795 and their officer's jewels and such were buried just before the Battle of Stoney Creek during the War of 1812 and after for a time afterward (a number of years IIRC). I haven't found much of a web presence for them except for this but they're still active so far as I know.

HTH
Fitz

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Fitzgibbon]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just as an addendum about Barton Lodge if you're interested, the Hamilton Reference Library (located on the spot where the traitors of the Bloody Assize were executed BTW) has a pretty decent book detailing their history up to their first centennial in 1895.

If you want to know more, u2u me.

Fitz

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Woops, forgot to mention, that I use cogeco in my house in Hamilton during the school year as well as at my girlfriends house during the summer and I haven’t had any issues with ATS other than when it has gone down to everyone.

I have noticed the Masonic compasses on lots of cars as well, but on top of that I happened to be walking by a graveyard in Hamilton a couple weeks ago and noticed a ton of obelisk grave stones and upon further investigation it turned out quite a lot of them had Masonic compasses on them. A couple especially stuck out, former ministers with giant obelisks instead of crosses on top of their grave, one with an emblemized sword embedded into the obelisk. I guess I should really start carrying around a camera with me.

Anywho, I’m heading back up to Hamilton tonight to watch the meteor shower (which is supposedly going to be most active and visible between 2 am and 6 am EST if anyone is interested) with my girl so maybe ill be able to snap some shots and post them up tomorrow.

And here is another not as related as it could be video of Dan Dicks, who runs pressfortruth.ca confronting a mason about Albert Pike’s morals and dogmas in downtown Toronto ( close to Hamilton ) www.youtube.com... and the last thing I will mention is that Hamilton is and has been a major hub for mob activity and drug trafficking which may be a bit tied to the knights of Columbus in the area? Just a wild guess.

Sorry for not really clearing anything up, but I’m interested in this too, I wonder if any masons from Hamilton are ATS members?

edit: spelling correction

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Rapax]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapax
Anywho, I’m heading back up to Hamilton tonight to watch the meteor shower (which is supposedly going to be most active and visible between 2 am and 6 am EST if anyone is interested) with my girl so maybe ill be able to snap some shots and post them up tomorrow.

Assuming it isn't raining yet again.
I'm glad to see there's at least one optimist in the house.

And here is another not as related as it could be video of Dan Dicks, who runs pressfortruth.ca confronting a mason about Albert Pike’s morals and dogmas in downtown Toronto ( close to Hamilton )

Depends how you define "downtown". That appears to be in Scarberia if I'm not mistaken. (no offense to the Scarberians on the board
) And quite honestly, while their youthful enthusiasm is admirable, the lack of knowledge that they display is a little appalling. Just a heads-up. To research something requires actual investigation and not a facile reliance on YouTube videos.

www.youtube.com... and the last thing I will mention is that Hamilton is and has been a major hub for mob activity and drug trafficking which may be a bit tied to the knights of Columbus in the area? Just a wild guess.

Something of a wild guess alright. You might as well accuse the Masons of it because KofC is the Catholic answer to Masonry. Truthfully, you could accuse all people of a particular blood-type group as being at the centre of a series of nefarious deeds and be as right. Which is a backhanded way of saying 'not particularly'.

Sorry for not really clearing anything up, but I’m interested in this too, I wonder if any masons from Hamilton are ATS members?

Mississauga. Close enough?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just as a follow-up, Grand Lodge in Hamilton is located here and the Scottish Rite Temple I referred to is the building located next to it here.

One of these days, I'll make time and sit-in on one of the Lodges that meet there just to see what it's like inside. 'Til then, imagination will just have to rule.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Fitzgibbon,

Hey there - Good info, thanks for that. Btw, when I said the Fire Chief mentioned the hiring of Mason's for most government jobs, I was referring to only within Hamilton, not Ontario at large.

Rapax, Good in as well, thanks.

I'd like to checkout that graveyard you were talking about, which one is it? There's only one that I recall ever passing in Hamilton but I'm sure there are several. That'd be interesting to check out.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Fitzgibbon,

Hey there - Good info, thanks for that.

Not at all. If I can be of assistance.....

Btw, when I said the Fire Chief mentioned the hiring of Mason's for most government jobs, I was referring to only within Hamilton, not Ontario at large.

Fair enough although I'd expect that the same applies to Steeltown as it does to the province at large as far as my initial response is concerned. Not to mention, with government jobs, you also have a gender equality consideration which would obviously work against active Masons.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Fair enough although I'd expect that the same applies to Steeltown as it does to the province at large as far as my initial response is concerned. Not to mention, with government jobs, you also have a gender equality consideration which would obviously work against active Masons.

This is true, as much as they claim to take people from all walks of life, including women, I tend to see that most members tend to be upper-class, old, white men.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is true, as much as they claim to take people from all walks of life, including women,

Regular Masonry doesn't take women (unless you're talking Eastern Star)

I tend to see that most members tend to be upper-class, old, white men.

Well, to this, I can only speak to my own Lodge as well as what I've observed in the other Lodges in our Temple. I'd say our median age is 40-something and dropping as we're seeing quite a few initiations in their mid-to-late 20's. This is also reflected in the make-up of at least one of the other Lodges, if not more so. We have cops (retired & active-duty) a television editor (myself), a paralegal, a fireman, customs officers, small business men, mid-level office-jockeys of all kinds as well as a myriad of other occupations. And I think that if you take an overall view of Masonry in general (not limiting yourself to one Lodge) that this is fairly typical of Freemasonry in that the make-up of the brethren is fairly representative of the community at large.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In the radio interview, Mann mentions he is working on a DVD documentary with Native Americans too track St Clairs trail across North America from Nova Scotia to the West. He believes he knows where St Clair might be buried with the "Templar treasure". Possibly in a western state!

top topics

join