It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[angryjessman] .FEAR. To be afraid or not to be? is that what you ask yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Every time I go on this site I face an interesting thread, but the problem is I like to reply with a bit more awareness of the topic, meaning reading through dozens of pages of mindsplitting "theories", so really I'd rather not bother

I believe this thread is a good place to discuss things a bit more seriously, and would like it sticky'ed (if possible)

INTRO

You are here because you are;
Afraid of the Unknown or Curious about a Specific Topic or many

Lets try to work out some logic here;

I'll try to cover all topics that I have an interest in,

1st is this site, how can we possibly theorize & conclude all the sorts of conspiracies or news on this?
We can't,
because this is this site is about info AND disinfo, we cannot rely on this site to bring us to a conclusion, it is made just keep pushing further into our imaginations on what we believe & most likely, just for arguements sake.

For a person with a low IQ or low knowledge, browsing this site it would NOT be wise, if you are gullible or can't seperate Truth from Lie then you will probably have a confusing time, like alot of other people here. Hopefully you are able to be connected enough to other people and experience much of REALITY so you don't "eat" any big or small lie that exists on this site, you can't say their aren't any lies either (specific or overall)

I ask the question to the owner or runner (or mod-s) of this site, what is it's purpose?
Is this a harmless dumping ground for theories, conspiracies and myths conversation etc; and/or is it purposly intended to propell conspiracies further than the line of REALITY, because i believe it does this regardless, and that isn't good

I only see this site as a breeding ground for lies that has grains of truth, some truth enlightening and helpfull but other disinfo that can be misleading and harmfull. REMEMBER, The best lies are made from an ironic/coincidence stance, used to puzzle and throw you off, The actual Verbal lie can be made by telling a "Half-Truth", make someone believe the start or part of the lie with truth, then throw in the lie or twist to mix it up, some people will end up, believing the whole story over knowing facts about half but not all

Most people who have theories often become obsessive in a way

I will slowly add 1 chunk at a time of a particular conspiracy or theory, the main things I will cover is;

BRAINWASHING+MEDIA
RELIGION/CULTS/SATANISM
FREEMASONS+EGYPT
FEAR+INSTINCT
ETC

I often research these things and would like to share my opinion and in between would definately like to discuss any theories you have.......

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you see this site as a breeding ground for lies then why bother keeping your membership here?

Are you insinuating that our members are liars? I sincerely hope that isn't what you intended.

Is it your intention to discuss subjects you are interested in and tell us the real "truth". Don't let your keyboard get cold..........tell us your thoughts on the subjects you listed.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, this site and others like it COULD be dangerous for some people. But a car COULD be dangerous for some people, beer COULD be dangerous for some people and i COULD go on for about an hour, but i won't because that's silly.

Anyway, i for one am of the conviction that a big chunk of the topics on this board have at least their roots in reality. I also believe that the mainstream media is about as trustworthy as Goebels was in WW2 on certain topics.

Sites as ATS are here to counterbalance this issue. While ATS and others are certainly not perfect and do bring half-truths, these half-truths are better than the total darkness we are being kept in by the MSM. The good thing about this site is that with puzzling together alot of different sources we can get a whole or most likely truth and that is ofcourse the main goal.

It is the users that bring up the topics and users that shoot them down or corroborate on them, all working towards the same goal.

I agree that FEAR in itself is counterproductive but knowing what is going on around you will prepare you for any eventuality. I read these sites to be kept in te loop while just living my life but if something discussed here comes into the open i will be prepared, at least mentally. I knew about the US economy crashing 5/6 years ago and look at the MSM acting all suprised. Duh.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
^i'll try to start sometime on this thread, im just having trouble on where to start

ive just found a new thread that i have found "quite" similar and interesting as my own theories, here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw - later on i may come back and start where i think is important

top topics

join