It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Psychic dreams apparently occur (according to my research on the subject) when we receive information within dreams that later becomes reality. Psychic dreams can be telepathic or precognitive.

In the 19th century Sigmund Freud became interested in the significance of dreams and their interpretation. He believed that dreams were a form of wish fulfilment, usually stemming from repressed sexual desires (surprise surprise).

Carl Jung influenced the study of dream interpretation with his theory on the collective unconscious, he maintained that we all have access to an inherited knowledge and awareness which is communicated through universal images, common to all cultures.

What are your thoughts on psychic dreams?

Have you experienced any?

Last night I dreamed about living in a castle with my family and the king. I warned them all that the river and canal that went by each side of the castle would flood and destroy everything in its path. Nobody believed me, but it did happen and we had to swim for it.

Anyhow when I finally got out of the water all I was interested in was losing my purse and bank card, even though my daughter had disappeared under the water.

My daughter has just turned 16 and has left school. This morning she brought my mail up, as I was still in bed, and I had a letter from the inland revenue (from Her Majasty) about my working tax credits, they have ended which will hit my 'purse' hard. Is this a psychic dream? Coincidence? My subconcious perhaps?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Omniscient1

Omni I cannot say really that I had a dream and then it came true. But I hear a voice at times that says "you will be late because you have a flat tire" or "you will have to go to the hospital because someone you love has been hurt" and I will go out and find a flat tire on my car, or get a call in the next few days that someone is in the emergency room, stuff like that. This started when I was in my early 20's and I have always avoided it, it scares me just a little bit.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient1

Last night I dreamed about living in a castle with my family and the king. I warned them all that the river and canal that went by each side of the castle would flood and destroy everything in its path. Nobody believed me, but it did happen and we had to swim for it.

Anyhow when I finally got out of the water all I was interested in was losing my purse and bank card, even though my daughter had disappeared under the water.

My daughter has just turned 16 and has left school. This morning she brought my mail up, as I was still in bed, and I had a letter from the inland revenue (from Her Majasty) about my working tax credits, they have ended which will hit my 'purse' hard. Is this a psychic dream? Coincidence? My subconcious perhaps?

The common mistake is in believing that only some dreams have meaning while the rest are junk, a bit like DNA.

As dreams exist in the realm outside of normal time it is simply our interpretation of them that makes them predictive, or not, of ‘future’ events.

Your dream seems more an indication of stress than predictive. For example you must have been aware that your tax credits were going to end, your mind simply linked up with the letter arriving as there was already a high probability that it was going to occur.

Building of all types in dreams are representations of your state of mind. The castle in your dream probably represents your feelings of security, mental, physical and emotional. The water rising etc. are your feelings of being overwhelmed by forces outside of your control, forces which threaten your feelings of being in control and security in your life. The reason why you were more worried about your purse than your daughter was because you know that she is too young to be responsible in any way for your finances and therefore she did not need rescuing from the water (worry and stress) The fact that nobody believed you is an indication that you feel alone in your problems, that maybe others don't really understand what you are going through, and you have no one to help you out.

If you are interested in reading more of the nature of predictive dreams, and synchronistic waking time relationships to dreams, you should read J.W. Dunne's study of dreams and synchronicities.

An Experiment with Time J.W. Dunne

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I had a dream that I was over at my ex's parents' house and He and his new wife came in. He took me outside and told me that he was going to die of kidney failure soon and there was nothing that could be done. I thought this was strange when i woke because even when we were together I had never had a dream about him. I also had not talked to him in about 3 years. I was extremely sad and told my mother and my husband about the dream. The following afternoon my mother came over and told me that my ex had died in a car wreck that morning.

I have had a few occurances like this before where I just knew things. My grandmother had psychic dreams all the time before she died. This was kinda strange because it didn't happen exactly as in the dream, but the outcome was the same.

I believe that one can have symbolism in their dreams. Kinda like different forms of Psychic dreams. Some that just come right out and tell you what is going to happen and some that you may have to figure out on your own. I hope you find your answers. Keep a dream journal.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Thanks for the link and reply, I think you are bang on. I was expecting them to end, I do feel overwhelmed and alone with my problems.

Thank you, I will check out the link.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I can't quite remember all of the details, but I had a bizarre dream last night of being in a American cinema called the Odeon, when bombs started going off and as I ran for the exit, I noticed CIA agents also exiting the building, who were acting strange. I just made it to the exit and then heard from someone that bombs had been going off all throughout the country in other cinemas and then I woke up. Weird dream.

I personally believe that most dreams are simply the brains way of storing and cataloguing information accumulated throughout the day. Basically the brain uses dreams to store away information in the form of images. For example I had been reading conspiracy articles on ATS. My friend mentioned he was going to the Odeon cinema to watch batman dark knight and during the dream, my brain simply puts all the information I've have read throughout the day into a story, which is then stored as images for easier recall of information.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra
The common mistake is in believing that only some dreams have meaning while the rest are junk, a bit like DNA.

As dreams exist in the realm outside of normal time it is simply our interpretation of them that makes them predictive, or not, of ‘future’ events.

Your dream seems more an indication of stress than predictive. For example you must have been aware that your tax credits were going to end, your mind simply linked up with the letter arriving as there was already a high probability that it was going to occur.

Building of all types in dreams are representations of your state of mind. The castle in your dream probably represents your feelings of security, mental, physical and emotional. The water rising etc. are your feelings of being overwhelmed by forces outside of your control, forces which threaten your feelings of being in control and security in your life. The reason why you were more worried about your purse than your daughter was because you know that she is too young to be responsible in any way for your finances and therefore she did not need rescuing from the water (worry and stress) The fact that nobody believed you is an indication that you feel alone in your problems, that maybe others don't really understand what you are going through, and you have no one to help you out.

If you are interested in reading more of the nature of predictive dreams, and synchronistic waking time relationships to dreams, you should read J.W. Dunne's study of dreams and synchronicities.

An Experiment with Time J.W. Dunne

Thank you for this response. I think you have hit the nail on the head. Yes I did know it was due to end, yes I don't want to place responsibility on my daughter, yes I do feel alone with my financial problems and yes I do feel quite stressed about it.

Thanks again for putting this into perspective for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I personally believe that most dreams are simply the brains way of storing and cataloguing information accumulated throughout the day. Basically the brain uses dreams to store away information in the form of images. For example I had been reading conspiracy articles on ATS. My friend mentioned he was going to the Odeon cinema to watch batman dark knight and during the dream, my brain simply puts all the information I've have read throughout the day into a story, which is then stored as images for easier recall of information.

Great explanation. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join