It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #5 - origami/tangram symbols

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
so what are we at right now?

I think we should start throwing ideas out more often

more words whatnots...

I have no idea what to expect over this puzzle, it could be a double cipher or simply not, it could use a keyboard qwerty or something else, all attempts at rational decryption programs are a fail.

we have a legend it seems but no agreed idea what it is all about.

I do not want this to take a long time, but I truly I am out of anything, if anyone has any ideas, none are bad, please throw them out here.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

DA, are you working on something like this? Extrapolating letters from a pattern? Based on the bottom patterns?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Kellter]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
does anyone think the inverted and grayscale legend is important with the fact it is inverted and on grayscale?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Right, right. That's what Im working on. I have a table on paper I drew but Im having problem figuring out some patterns.

BTW, how did you do that?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I cant get my head around that triangle the is present in every shape. There must be some significance too that, but i can not work it out.

I have though perhaps that is the starting position for a sequence of values assigned to the triangles based on the rotation from that position, but i cant find a pattern.

I am currently thinking it just signifies that the top half of the shape is unique to the bottom half.

I have tried each triangle of the bottom half being valued at 4, and each triangle at the top being values 1,2,3 and 4 starting at the left triangle. This would provide the possibility for 26 unique values. Which is A..Z, but it doesnt produce an obvious result.

Just throwing out some ideas upon request.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

MS Paint Lol. I kind of see a pattern, I'm working on it but my 3 year old is climbing all over me wanting me to put "Little Bill" on my laptop.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

First attempt

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Not sure about the last 3 patterns.

You get the idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
so what are we at right now?

I think we should start throwing ideas out more often

I'm playing around with the idea that each group of three glyphs encodes two complete letters, and two half-letters. Ignoring the extra triangle on the right of each glyph and squishing them all together in a grid. Trying to explain why the 'hint' at the bottom (if it is a hint) has 6 triangle-glyphs and only 5 translated-glyphs. Eg:

This pattern doesn't work, but there's other tiling patterns; perhaps even ones that 'invert' every other group of three..

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

This pattern doesn't work, but there's other tiling patterns; perhaps even ones that 'invert' every other group of three..

Hey, maybe this is a good idea? Remember "diagonally true"?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE CYCLE OF TRIANGLES BUILDS WORDS AND SYMBOLS ARE DIAGONALLY TRUE.

so true

but than..

where does that leave us?

i mean how is diagonally true actually be relevant?
how can we attribute this to puzzle solving?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

Let S be a set. A cycle is a permutation (bijective function of a set onto itself) such that there exist distinct elements a_1, a_2, ... ,a_k of S such that

f(a_1) = a_2
f(a_2) = a_3
f(a_k) = a_1

From wiki.

LOL. I was looking up to see an exact meaning of the cycle as applied to this problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

so could the counter clockwise, or clockwise cycle of these triangle per symbol host something other than simple letters we attribute to the already recognized symbols?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

If you leave the 9th triangle off, that leaves 8 per character. The white and black could be ones and zeros, forming 2 hex characters (oneon top of the other) that map to ASCII characters?

The ninth triangle might be the starting point for each series of ones and zeros.

I think I'm kind of insane, but that's what I'm looking into.

Just looked at an ASCII table and see that the hex numbers I'm coming up with are way too big to represent letters. Never mind.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hey DA, how did you get the pattern for the letters after D? Or are you just guessing after that point?

Oh, and has anybody checked the green values yet for the triangles? Har har, I kid I kid.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

It's like the IQ test
You are shown first few things and you will know what is next. Like 2, 4, 8, __

Observe the pattern on those two sets of 3 symbols on the bottom and you'll see what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

You think that last 3 symbols on the bottom are equal to X,Y and Z?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was thinking that maybe the top and bottom are even and odd bits.

The top would be odd (since the extra triangle) and the bottom even.

5 1
4 1

I don't think this is meant to directly decode. Probably another double cipher.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Ah, got it, thanks.

I don't know if this is relevant, but as I was drawing this out, it reminded me of this "game" or trick I saw once... I can't remember exactly how it went, but it's basically along the lines of "can you draw this shape with only 5 lines without picking the pencil up and without going over the same line again," and to solve it you have to draw a series of diagonals that go all the way across, and you end up bringing the lines up past the bounds of the shape.

I think I'm rambling, but I'm hoping somebody here understands what the hell I'm talking about. And what my point was is that the 9th little triangle in the corner there reminds me of this game, because if you're drawing diagonal lines, you need that extra bit there to complete it. Ahh, I know this doesn't make much sense, but let me go see if I can find an online version of this puzzle I'm talking about.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Wintermute]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Wintermute]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I really think this puzzle is about the symbols, the holy word given to us bu ATS has not proven at fault yet. It seems to be on a chronological series. The triangles are everything we need, we just need to figure the exact letters and than figure out if it is a keyboard crypt, caesar, normal or all three or something we do not know yet. The only way ATS will give us a hint is if they see we are utterly stuck. The thing is like the last puzzle we had a hint, and still needed an angel to save us. Above all else Keep moving forward.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join