It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #5 - origami/tangram symbols

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Thats a good idea
, but looking at the shapes, there is 9 positions that triangles appear in not 8.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

The ninth triangle you're talking about is there in every glyph on the outside to the right.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

Don't count the one that is always pointing right....

hah, beat me to it DA...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

not tryign to shoot your idea down or anything, but why would you exclude something? seems sort of....well wrong. I mean, that ninth triangle has to be there for SOMETHING. it's on EVERY shape.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Varrin7

Maybe it's just there to denote letters. Perhaps it's there to distract. Maybe it identifies bit 1...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The upper right triangle that is always present could be 9. Leaving the other 8 triangles as possible numbers 1-8. The missing triangles representing numbers. This would align with 16 being important but I don't know how the numbers would be positioned.

Just throwing ideas out.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Varrin7

Not excluding anything out. That triangle might signal a start of the bit pattern.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Does anyone knows what "diagonally true" means?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Glad to see that someone got the last puzzle... I'd like to know how that was solved, really - I need closure.

The letters from puzzle #2 at the bottom of this puzzle translate (in the letters I used to represent the dot-symbols) to 'CKEEC', which in the plaintext of the solution, was 'eniie'. Huh. (Edit: this isn't correct, it was 'CKEEK', and 'eniin' -- sorry, 1st cup of coffee
)

What I think is interesting is there's two groups of 3 triangle-symbols, and 5 previous-puzzle symbols. Are they supposed to match up? Perhaps, each triangle-symbol gives us, say, 5 bits of information, which can then be concatinated together, then sliced into chunks of 6 bits each, yielding 5 letters per 6 triangle-symbols sequence?

Oh, and one of the symbols looks like a bunny rabbit!

Edit: correct dumbness

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It could pertain to the next puzzle and not this one. I'm leaning that way.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i cannot believe we are already on this one

an the last person that guy, I never have seen him before, ha

anyways ok this one loooks fun yay

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
this is what i got when i ran the letters on the first page through the solver from this site:

solver

here's what came out:

EJILXHP YJKBLHDX GHASTLINESS GHPHKQAQRB YNEDEH

ghastliness

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've just noticed something which might be meaningful...

Each symbols are divided into 9 triangles.

You can divide the alphabet into 9 chunks like this:

ABC DEF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWX YZ

Then assign each group of 3 letters to the triangles.

I've yet to figure out what would define which letters to pick yet but maybe someone else could join in and give a shot at this theory...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
if the last puzzle was perfectly solved in good english as you saw, i think this one would be too, out decryption machines are not working at all.

someone knows something we do not, but in it all, this puzzle should make pure english words.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Oh, and one of the symbols looks like a bunny rabbit!

I was going to name the thread "Origami bunnies" but then I started seeing dogs, cats, and angels too

I'm also trying to determine a pattern in the rotating triangles -- nothing to report yet. I've more or less categorized the symbols in 7 "groups", but haven't decided which group represents which letters yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
perhaps the bottom part is a key or legend, or directions of some kind.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Barbadel

if 9 was a factor of 26 i would see the significance of this. But as it is not i would not look into this much tbh.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Varrin7

I was thinking that could be a possibility also. You can get MOTTO or GAMMA out of the very bottom dot puzzle. But I can't think of anything that would relate to the 6 pieces above.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

I does seem significant that the bottom half of each shape values range from 2-4 and there are no single triangle bottom half's. Ans the top half of each shape range from 1-5.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The legend at the bottom is this

CKEEC=HMBIQ

one of the symbols is not really a symbol, it tries to throw you off.
so i took it out shifted the symbols they line up perfectly on top of the dots.

now that the legend is deciphered you can throw it into a crypt program to help better figure this out..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join