It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzle #5 - origami/tangram symbols

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Let's look at the other thread (square the circle) for a sec. The last three posters almost say the exact same thing. Two of the posters regsitered on 8/8/08 and one on 7/29/08. One has a website link to something called "widecircle". They all three reference this article:

Article

Why???

Are stairs important? Diagonals (look at secret codes of the ufonauts)?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm just checking in to post my latest key, in case it can help anyone else . . .

EDIT: removed graphic because I found a big huge mistake

EDIT again: fixed error and restored graphic

[edit on 13-8-2008 by americandingbat]

[edit on 13-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Hmmmmmm that is VERY strange!

3 new users post to a 3 year old post, 3 hours apart from each other, directly quoting the text of a 7 year old british newspaper article and dont reference the quoted text they are using.

The 3 users, who all registered within 24 hours of each other, also have links in their signature that are rather pointless, and have the names of Noel, Joel and Peter!

All this MUST be a clue! I am with you on that NRG!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know where this is going, but again, wanted to throw it out there. Perhaps we're not looking at a cryptogram, but a picture of some sort.

This post in the "Square the Circle" thread has a link and a paragraph from that link about the Pharaoh's Stairway to the Heavens. (See the picture at the link)

The circular pathways of the stars intersect with the pyramid as they rotate in the sky and become infused into the quadrangular tiers of the structure. This provides an insight into the esoteric meaning of 'squaring the circle': the circle is celestial and the square is terrestrial.

"IT WILL BE OBSERVED THAT THE CYCLE OF TRIANGLES BUILDS WORDS AND SYMBOLS ARE DIAGONALLY TRUE."

I revisited the 9th triangle on each symbol. It might be an orientation marker. Or the north pole star marker... Bear with me. So it would point to the north. I rotated each symbol counterclockwise 90 degrees, so the marker would point "north". Then I placed them in a stair step pattern and ""infused" one word into the previous one.

Anyway, here are some pictures I came up with.

Word 1:

Word 2:

Word 3:

Word 4:

Word 5:

Words infused together, aligned at the bottom:

Of course, it looks like nothing, but if we could infuse them together such that the diagonal would make sense... ?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Okay, screwed up my last analysis. Here is a pic of the glyph map I've been using. I've been interchanging a few of the glyphs and feeding the puzzle into WinDecrypto but still have yet to come up with anything conclusive.

Here's how I grouped them: I noticed there are symbols that have either an upper or lower symbol that has 4 full triangles, then there are those that have 3 full triangles on an upper or lower, then those with two or one. The last symbol which I think is Z seems to defy that.

The symbols in red are ones I created to fill in missing letters of the alphabet that were never used.

I also tried adding E-N-I-I-N to the last letter of each word but came up with more gibberish. I was able to make a few words, but not 5 full words. I do think that since ENIIN has 5 letters and there are 5 words that one letter should be added to each word, possibly to the end or the beginning.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Is it me, or is this starting to look like tetris?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Maybe the symbols are pieces to a puzzle, we just have to arrange them all to reveal the solution. The words might look similar to the ENIIN symbols once arranged.

link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

At the beginning I kept thinking of LCD displays like you see on the clocks.

link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

You have been staring at the triangle/squares too much.

Try using my 'dot translation':

It will begin to look like PacMan.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ugh - I wish they would release another clue on this one. Or at least tell us if we're on the right track. At this point I don't care about being the first to solve the puzzle, I'd just like to know HOW to solve the darn thing!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This puzzle looks even worse than the last one

BTW: What's with the ATS logo?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thats a great effort, and a good theory. Not sure what to make of the final image yet though, it could be interpreted in a few different ways. No doubt you have tried a few.

This seems like the most logical lead so far, taking into account the 'sudden' bumping of that thread and the clue we were given.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You know, one of the words that I was able to come up with was "pharaoh", the last word, but none of the other words were any good. All gibberish. But that was when I was when I was using the bottom six glyphs as ABC and XYZ, applying those to the glyphs in the puzzle and trying to arrange the alphabet and then adding letters from the last 5 dot glyphs as ENIIN.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think you all are right about the strange pyramids thread getting bumped being a hint, but is there any reason to think it goes with this puzzle? Didn't it first get bumped when we were on about the 2nd or 3rd puzzle? I'm thinking maybe it's an 11th puzzle hint.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Too many letters for the last word...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Another thought about "squaring a circle". I wonder how circle fits in, if it does. Didn't I see "rotate" somewhere?

I placed the first character on the page, rotated the second one 90 degrees and placed it, then the third and fourth, placing them in a circle. If they were pushed together in the center, the 4 markers would make a pyramid.

I don't have any time now, but again, wanted to put the idea out there.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think the pyramid thread getting bumped is actually just a coincidence. I did some research on the "Widecircles" organization, and as it turns out they're a company that specializes in "advertisement delivery," AKA "spam," to social networking sites and forums. The idea behind their sort of spam is that they respond to a thread with what seems like a meaningful contribution, and then they put a link to the site they are advertising for in their signature.

From their site:

As you can see in this fictional example, one of our publishers has provided comment on a Car Parts blog and attached to this message their own signature, representing the product or service being advertised. In this case MyCarParts.com is the website being advertised. Our publishers will analyze the given blog in order to determine how to form their comment. Once the comment has been formed, Social Signature is attached to it and becomes part of the comment. This single signature with the link can attract many users who are intrested to find out about the service or product being offered and it will also help with search engine optimization strategy and rankings, since every comment made by our publisher is esentially different.

So there's that. BUT THEN, the irrational conspiracy theorist in me says "no, no, you're wrong, it IS a clue." And there is some evidence to support that as well. For example, the "Widecircles" site that is linked in one of those replies in the other thread ISN'T actually the real widecircles website. It is widecircles.info, and it doesn't actually have any real information on it, just a lot of repeated "news" items. If you click the "news" link, the banner across the top of it shows a bunch of triangle-shaped awnings that could, in the right mindset, be seen as similar to these triangles we're working with.

SO, what I'm trying to say is that if this is more than just spam, and it is a clue for us, I think the clue could be in one of the news items, specifically the one that talks about them increasing their business to other countries in other languages. Perhaps this cryptograph will be in another language.

But then again, that last part was just the crazy conspiracy-theorist in me talking. Most likely, the bumps to that thread were nothing more than spam.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I was just thinking this as well....

There are 42 "symbol" blocks.

Edit: because my math sucked....

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In my oppinion the very bottom says ABC XYZ then 5 numbers

Thats what I make of it so far... it is indeed very hard.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

The alpha numbers equate to 5 14 9 9 14 = 51

51 - 25 (# of dots in the blocks) = 26 (# characters in the alphabet)

HUNT...WHERE R U????

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join