It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to believe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm wearing an armband from the film X-files that reads: "I want to believe".

Now this is important, because I think deep in our inner subconcious we want to believe in Aliens. But our scientific side of the brain fights us back. Now, there are some people who say this to themselves and make themselves actually believe aliens are real, without any evidence. They are telling themselves that they want to believe for so long and trick their brain into thinking aliens are real, without any gut feeling or solid evidence. No personal experiences to back it up.

I believe in Aliens because i've been to their planet during my 12 hour OOBE. But I want to know if any of you just want to believe, because you don't want to be left out or are forcing yourselves to believe in them. Or is it because you just believe in the theory.

discuss.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Now this is important, because I think deep in our inner subconcious we want to believe in Aliens. But our scientific side of the brain fights us back. Now, there are some people who say this to themselves and make themselves actually believe aliens are real, without any evidence. They are telling themselves that they want to believe for so long and trick their brain into thinking aliens are real, without any gut feeling or solid evidence. No personal experiences to back it up.

Now,I'd say it was the opposite. The science part of the brain is fighting against what the subconciousness already knows.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Now,I'd say it was the opposite. The science part of the brain is fighting against what the subconciousness already knows.

hey AT, haven't seen you in a while. See, now you are confusing me man.

I guess it's hard to know what we really, really, really believe and compare it to what we want to believe?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
it's what I'm here to do

the confisinator. But it is the way I look at it,because I've always just "known" that aliens exist. Any doubt was born from science,wanting evidence for everything.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I believe in Aliens because it is very unlikely that we are alone in this universe. Statistics are in their favour. I don't know what they look like (if they can be seen) or what they are made of. I don't know if they are friendly or hostile. But I believe they are there (or maybe even here) somewhere.

But because their is no unmistakeble evidence like a photo or film, I am not convinced, I dont KNOW for sure, I just believe until that day......

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
it's what I'm here to do

the confisinator. But it is the way I look at it,because I've always just "known" that aliens exist. Any doubt was born from science,wanting evidence for everything.

So one day, you just knew they were real? but see, where's the evidence AT? what took you to that conclusion? maybe you need to do a mental study and figure out what event in your life made you believe? I wonder, was it the time you watched ET for the first time?

Or maybe you were abducted and not know it yet?

I have to get this Tshirt

imagecache2.allposters.com...

[edit on 11-8-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm wearing an armband from the film X-files that reads: "I want to believe".

I believe in Aliens because i've been to their planet during my 12 hour OOBE. But I want to know if any of you just want to believe, because you don't want to be left out or are forcing yourselves to believe in them. Or is it because you just believe in the theory.

discuss.

With all due respect JM - am I missing something? How are you different to those who just want to believe without any evidence? You've shown us nothing beyond that. Essentially, you've made a statement with nothing to back it up!

It appears yours is also a "Gut Feeling" based on something you thought may be an OBE. There really is nothing to separate an OBE from a lucid dream. Nothing we can prove beyond personal belief systems or faith!

So again I ask, have you been telling yourself that your OBE is real - so much so that you have tricked your brain?

Is it a possibility?

IRM

Edit for Typo!

[edit on 11/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

...I believe in Aliens because i've been to their planet during my 12 hour OOBE. But I want to know if any of you just want to believe,...

I'm pretty sure the percentage of people reading this forum who don't want to believe is very small.

In any event, even if you had a OOB experience for 12 hours, at light speed you wouldn't have gotten very far, let alone a planet! (Zeta reticuli would have taken 39 earth years to get there, Gliese 581 d roughly 20 years...)

top topics

join