It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Haydron Collider - Fate or Fatal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I realise that there are a few threads with this subject, Howeverm I just wanted to hear peoples views in regards to what Ihave to say. I personally think the LHC is going to be part of something big.

I believe that there is a time line that is determined and cannot be changed call it fate if you will and we are following that timeline without even knowing it. For example what made them build this? what/who made the person that thought of this put pen to paper. What/who made 'the powers that be' agree to funding and construction. What or who made the scientis involved get together as a team?

The LHC has some similarities to the film 'Contact' starring Jodie Foster. We are building something that we have no idea what the outcome is going to be? this is scary stuff, the more you look into it the more you will find just what could happen.

What if that this time line is to take us to a new level, what if instead of us thinking that we are control, external forces are at work giving us a helping hand?

I am interested in hearing other peoples perspective of this?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well to answer a couple of your questions; Scientists at CERN were trying to futher our knowledge of particle physics so they decided to build the worlds strongest particle accelerator/collider. The theory has been around for ages and there has been particle accelerators/colliders made before. The LHC is just the most powerful one ever made with permission to go ahead. The funding comes from those who are interested in furthering particle physics.

To be honest I don't care what happens. Well not that I don't care but if there was to be a black hole which eats the earth it would happen too quick for us to realize whats going on. I do think that that is just hype as this stuff happens in nature all the time. It'll be the start of something big

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Particle Accelerators have been around for a while. The new one is just bigger and more sensitive. It's "...the world's most powerful particle accelerator, producing beams seven times more energetic than any previous machine, and around 30 times more intense when it reaches design performance, probably by 2010", according to this article.

I don't personally believe in your concept of fate, but that's just my opinion. However, I do believe that the LHC will make some fantastic discoveries, hopefully one of them will be the Higgs Boson.

The Higgs boson is the only unobserved particle predicted by the standard model of particle physics, and would explain the difference between massless photons and the relatively massive W and Z bosons.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionCloud
I don't personally believe in your concept of fate, but that's just my opinion. However, I do believe that the LHC will make some fantastic discoveries, hopefully one of them will be the Higgs Boson.

The Higgs boson is the only unobserved particle predicted by the standard model of particle physics, and would explain the difference between massless photons and the relatively massive W and Z bosons

Ok so they discover The Higgs boson then what happens? - See where I am going with this, I have no idea what the Higgs boson is, even after I read the wiki link, yet I leave a brash reply.

Now if I had an insight or personal experience in to the Higgs boson concept I would be able to relate to the questions asked. This LHC is indeed going to be a massive insight into the time line. If they rip time and space and indeed are able to gain insights into other dimensions that would be both scary and intriguing let alone one of the biggest discoveries of all time that could change the world forever.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

To be honest I don't care what happens. Well not that I don't care but if there was to be a black hole which eats the earth it would happen too quick for us to realize whats going on. I do think that that is just hype as this stuff happens in nature all the time. It'll be the start of something big

Its comments like this that have kept the greatest secret under wraps for over 100 years. We should care what happens we should be kept in the loop we deserve to be we are after all part of this earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Its comments like this that have kept the greatest secret under wraps for over 100 years. We should care what happens we should be kept in the loop we deserve to be we are after all part of this earth.

That comment is more of a way to help those who are sincerely worried about it to perhaps think of it in a different light and not think that they are going to die and its going to be a horrible and gory incident. I fully agree that we should care what happens. If we did we would have had a pollution-free Earth with the ability to get around in flying cars and such all thanks to Tesla. The chance we will actually be kept in the actual loop for somethings is unfortunately low

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Ok so they discover The Higgs boson then what happens? - See where I am going with this, I have no idea what the Higgs boson is, even after I read the wiki link, yet I leave a brash reply.

I'm afraid I don't see where you're going with this. The answer is they keep on trying to discover other things and improve the worlds knowledge of particle physics and possibly bring new and wonderful technologies into existence which will help us better understand the universe we live in.

Fear of the unknown is common. Humans are a courageous bunch, and we charge forward, despite the fear. They have made many calculations. This isn't just some wishy-washy scheme employed by back-yard scientists. The list of credentials related to this program are world class, and unimaginable.

Now if I had an insight or personal experience in to the Higgs boson concept I would be able to relate to the questions asked. This LHC is indeed going to be a massive insight into the time line. If they rip time and space and indeed are able to gain insights into other dimensions that would be both scary and intriguing let alone one of the biggest discoveries of all time that could change the world forever.

I'm still not sure what this "time line" concept means. They're smashing subatomic particles together to see what happens, and the LHC is a very sensitive instrument to see those reactions. "Insights into other dimensions" is also vague, so if you could describe things a little more clearly, it would help everyone to understand you a bit better - at least it would help me.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hope they create mini black holes. As that would be a real discovery, a singularity like a black hole at the core of the smallest particles ever collided would prove some fringe theorist right. Haramein and Rauscher for starters.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm afraid I don't see where you're going with this. The answer is they keep on trying to discover other things and improve the worlds knowledge of particle physics and possibly bring new and wonderful technologies into existence which will help us better understand the universe we live in.

Do you follow science blindly? i.e do you only believe in something because science told you to? is your mind open to something outside of science? or does it not exist because it hasn't been proved?

The Large Hadron Collider is going to be used for other purposes not just what they say. Do you honestly think that 'they' are going to fund a project this big to tell us about the Higgs boson. When they will have the potential to open up space time by creating wormholes/black holes. Its like giving a 3year old A grenade to play with. This is very serious stuff 'they' are playing around with.

If they can open up a wormhole using this, then how long before time itself is changed? Yes there are people who are afraid of this me included. But what if and heres the big part what if this is being built in order to fulfil HUMAN destiny. i.e if space time is ripped open and scientists can create wormholes where will those wormholes lead to? who may pop their head out and say hello? What if we were given blueprints to build this thing (just like the film contact) and 'they' are lying to us about the purpose of this thing?

This may sound far fetched but it is occurring in my meditations lately and I believe there is much more to the LHC than we are being told.

Why are the US scientists trying to create anti matter with their other colliders?

Do you think that they will share their new found source of free energy with us?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In case you weren't aware, it takes a hell of a lot for something to actually become science. It's called Scientific Method.

My mind is open, but not so much so that it falls out. Anything is possible, but if there is not actual solid proof for something then why should it be believed in? Anecdotal Evidence is hardly evidence, and humans in general are very poor observers when it comes to details.

I can not honestly respond to the rest of your post because it's about crazy conspiracy theories that deal with time paradoxes that, I believe, technically are probably impossible. Things that come from meditations are hardly reliable sources as it's just your mind rambling on with what little understanding of the universe it has.

It's the same thing that would happen if I were to think about the subject hard. I have no mathematical understanding of the universe, only what I read. I can think up plenty of crazy things, maybe one of them could be somewhat correct, but probably not. This is because the universe works on an incredibly complex level, well beyond what the untrained human brain is capable of, in most cases. It takes hard work, lots of long hours in school, and work that is strongly criticized by other scientists and peer reviewed routinely to get where we are today.

Aside from that, I can't believe you've read any of the articles I linked, because you'd know why they're looking for anti-matter and why no type of black hole will be created that poses a threat.

Do I think they'd share a new energy source? Why wouldn't they? What would "they" (whoever they are, what a joke), would keep it? Plenty of people live off the grid already, and if "they" exist "they" already control all the energy, so "they" don't need a new source of power. "They" shared nuclear fission with us, the controlled reaction of splitting a Uranium-235 atom which, if uncontrolled, turns into a nuclear explosion. If they kill everyone off all the energy is theirs, and we already have plenty of green technologies that could power them until the sun, wind, and heat from the earth goes away, which isn't anytime soon.

I think I can safely say I am done in this thread, I won't continue to prove my point, it's all there. The hard working scientists at LHC and other such places don't deserve to be pinned as the people who unwittingly doomed humanity, it paints them as rather stupid. I wouldn't think of them to be pawns in a temporal game of chess either.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
INHO the LHC is a testament to human intelligence, will, and curiosity; as well as s visible symbol of the triumph of science over ignorant fears. September 10th will be a good day.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnionCloud
My mind is open, but not so much so that it falls out.

I had to laugh that line did make me smile.

I take on board what you are saying really I do, but I find it hard to trust any powerful rich corporation. The fact that greed controls this planet is one factor and of course there are several others. However, just to finally say seeing is believing and believing is seeing. We shall wait and see. Only time will tell. Thanks for your input I will read those links you gave me when I am in the right frame of mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
What's a Haydron?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What's a Haydron?

Its a bloody great machine that will allow us to time tavel in the early days. Then some nut will abuse his position and turn that puppies power full on hypodrive, thus ending the world in an instant. Bend over and kiss ur ass goodbey.....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Awesome photos of that CERN project.

The end of the world has never look so pretty (just kidding).

www.boston.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
mini black holes will not be created IMO. there is such a tiny possibility of that happening. and even if they are they will decay within a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a second.

it is the temperature thing that i find most fascinating, it will be cooled to within 1.9 degrees of absolute zero however the collision of the particles will be around 1000x hotter than the heart of the sun.
science at its best.

they are primarily trying to find the higgs boson and give an understanding as to what exactly dark matter is.

[edit on 9/9/08 by RuledBySecrecy]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think they just like the idea of smashing things together. Kind of a multi-billion dollar hot wheels track.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

"Do you follow science blindly?" Science isn't something that you "follow", it isn't a belief system, it simply is... You wouldn't profess to be a follower of the theory of gravity, or a follower of aerospace engineering. Science explains (or attempts to explain) the universe, the LHC is going to attempt to do some explaining of the really tiny parts of the universe.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I personally think that particle accelerators are a huge waste of money to try and figure out how the universe works. Very smart people obtain funding from very weak minds that just kind of nod and say sure if you say we need one here is your check, that way they do not have to look stupid for saying why do we need this instead of say finding inexpensive energy sources or some such thing.

To give you an analogy that most people can grasp, slamming particles together at high energy to see what they are made of and how matter is formed is like taking a 10 gauge shotgun and shooting a clock and looking at the pieces to see how a clock works.

All you are going to find is a lot of little pieces and have no clue how the dang clock worked. I think we will get further if we build really tiny nano scale sensors so we can look at the very small with very tiny instruments. I think we will learn far more about particle physics through nanotechnology than we ever will with particle accelerators.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As of this post the world will end in 38 minutes.
That is all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join