It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Bush Administration uses Fake "Reporters" to sell Medicare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
We have become accustomed to so-called "Psy-Op" manipulations by this administration regarding the marketing of the "War on a Terror", naturally, it's extended to everything else they touch as new concerns about their handling of the promotion of the new Medicare law emerges.

NY Times
WASHINGTON, March 14 � Federal investigators are scrutinizing television segments in which the Bush administration paid people to pose as journalists praising the benefits of the new Medicare law, which would be offered to help elderly Americans with the costs of their prescription medicines.

The materials were produced by the Department of Health and Human Services, which called them video news releases, but the source is not identified. Two videos end with the voice of a woman who says, "In Washington, I'm Karen Ryan reporting." But the production company, Home Front Communications, said it had hired her to read a script prepared by the government. Another video, intended for Hispanic audiences, shows a Bush administration official being interviewed in Spanish by a man who identifies himself as a reporter named Alberto Garcia.

Related News:
GAO Finds Medicare Ads Misleading
Flaw Cited in Bush Medicare Ads

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Damm these people are POS, I am tired of people not getting the fact that these guys are crooked evil, Jack@sses

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We have a presidential election coming up this fall. It's a good time to encourage everyone to send a nice message to Shrub.

...although I'd rather not have him back in Texas. He was an absolute disaster as a governor -- but I'd rather have him as governor than as president of the US.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure which is worse....the fact that they are using such subversion, or the fact that the son of a former CIA director is using it so BADLY!!! As a once student of espionage, the latter is even more disturbing to me...

No wonder we never planted WMDs in Iraq...they knew it would be uncovered as a plant! They knew how bad at this they really were! It's amazing they can still keep the lid on the alien situation...though if this keeps up, I suspect we'll be seeing ET interviews during his next term,

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Is it possible that medicare fraud has become a cover for black-ops funding? Why else would Bush be inflating this program?

www.scoop.co.nz...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
the rise and fall of the Bush administration. Remember how they asked people in the audience to remove their ties. I also remember someone that attended a Bush rally saw himself sitting somewhere else. They digitally replaced him with a black person and placed him somewhere else within the crowd when the tape was released to the press.

That story was a while back - so, I'm vague.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
They digitally replaced him with a black person and placed him somewhere else within the crowd when the tape was released to the press.

WOW!

With such over the top manipulation & management of perception going down to the smallest detail, you wonder when the plates will drop. Back when I was a wee lad, my parents took me to the Christmas show at Radio City Musical Hall, and they had a plate spinner, who would spin a ridiculous number of plates concurrently. Though on that day....he wasn't very good & had a bunch of plates come crashing down.
With a candidate built on SPIN and policies that are nothing but SPIN.....we're seeing the early 'plates' losing rotation & crashing now.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's amazing they can still keep the lid on the alien situation...though if this keeps up, I suspect we'll be seeing ET interviews during his next term,

LMAO!!

*falls of chair*

new topics

top topics

join