It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm creating a holiday, an oil free holiday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm sure everyone is sick of oil and the prices of gas, i know I am... I shake my head each time I fill up... So I've decided to create a new holiday... One where you as a good ATS user chooses to participate by not driving for 1 day... Easy enough right? You don't have too, but you can if you want, the date is August 24, which is a Sunday... Just think 1 day a year at least 170 thousand maybe more do not drive for one day... I'm sure even though it might be minute it will put a pinch in the pocket books of the greedy oil industry and it's corrupt leaders...

You can always ride a bike on this day if you want...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Always a nice idea on paper but will never work

It's been tried so many times.

Good luck to ya

(I work that day so not driving won't be happening)

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

I think I'll pass on riding that particular bike. It's always hard to say when I'm going to be scheduled at work from week to week... but if I am off August 24th I promise to stay home all day. Which is pretty much what I do on my days off anyhow.... so in other words.... I'm in.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
it's gonna work i know it! Even if only like 2 people do it I'll be happy... And ya i posted a pic of that bike because it was funny looking, more of a joke, but hey it's pimp! =) NO OIL August 24th every year... Car pool if you need to get to work or ride the bus, as long as you don't spend money on fuel and use fuel yourself, you're golden...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well good luck to you. I really mean that. I would love if this idea went over.

Here's the thing though. Pretend you got...let's be generous...40 million people to pleadge and they actually follow through. That is 40 million cars not fueling up. Awesoem right? We'll let's say now you knock 4 dollars off of oil which should equal to like...5-7 cents on gas. That's great. Now the problem you have is a few days after you are going to have a massive influx of people fueling those cars at or around the same time. Now demand increased alot and those who follow energy prices will note that when oil goes up 4 bucks it can equate to 7-10 cents more in gas. Now we've made a big problem because of the bottleneck we caused.

Just a thought

-Kyo

[edit on 15-8-2008 by KyoZero]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
HAHA... Good luck...

Did you hear about the Dems 08 convention in denver?

They pledged to have the greenest convention in world history...

What they produced is quite possibly the greatest single peice on UNintentional humor ever to be seen...

They made INSANE demands, like 100,000 hats, made from organic soy beans AND made by US UNION Workers...(while there is exactly NO hats like that avalible)

They had ridiculious platters, with requirements and quotas on every meal, which included types of organic food, COLOR of the food(a certain # of colors in each meal)...

And a myrid of other demands...

Hilarity...

But good luck...
I would say check in with us... But that would use power, and it takes fuel to use power... or mabye relax inside, but no AC now... No TV, you can well eat that food you bought at the Store, my god, i mean, they transported that food there in TRUCKS, using nasty gas... Or mabye go have a nice cigarete to calm down, but alas, you can't use your lighter, think of the HORRIBLE emmisions... and the price of that gas...

new topics

top topics

join