It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Early / Harsh Winter for 08/09 ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'm gonna go on record here and say that my area will have snow before Halloween. Last year we had snow on Dec.22, just in time for the holidays.

Yes, Iam replying to my own post.

The reason for that is..the date is October 1, and SNOW is predicted for my area tonight.
BRRRRRRR.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

My husband and I lived in phoenix for two years. We still laugh about the time after a long hot summer, we went to Prescott where it was a chilly 85 degrees and we had to put on sweatshirts..

I think we are going to have a cold dry winter. But we are due for a good snow storm anytime. We don't get a lot of snow here. But everyone once in a while we get blasted and everything shuts down for a couple of days.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
AD, I don't know where you are, but here in Scotland we have been told that there will be snow on higher ground this weekend, which is really early even for us. Usually we don't get snow that much before Christmas, and it's usually well into January or February most years. And it feels like it's done nothing but rain all summer.

At least make it big snow to make it worthwhile! I don't mind getting snowed in for a bit!

Cait

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
AD, I don't know where you are, but here in Scotland we have been told that there will be snow on higher ground this weekend, which is really early even for us. Usually we don't get snow that much before Christmas, and it's usually well into January or February most years. And it feels like it's done nothing but rain all summer.

At least make it big snow to make it worthwhile! I don't mind getting snowed in for a bit!

Cait

I'm in Ontario Canada Cait, and I'm not ready for it yet. Not till after Halloween!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

hey beautiful! where have you been?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well October and still 103 today... siiiiiggggghh

I am NOT a heat person lol

and hey if you want to trade lol, from experience I just have to say, you can bundle up and escape the cold... a couple minutes blast from an open window freshens the air in your house

Four months of central air is a nightmare of suffocation...

and I can do 2 layers of thermals and layers of sweatshirts and coats and... go outside

But I have no idea of what to do with my skin here...

anyway

please blow some of that cold air down here... 15 day forcast shows temps in the low 90's in 4-5 days

But it also showed that 15 days ago and nothing has changed

Last year and almost every year this ends Sept 15th or so

and It's 2 weeks over due...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
[i agree copleatly i hpe its ok if i mix matched some of what you wrote for sience its extra credit fun stuff

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sandlizardz here.... Oct. 20, 2008 Peoria Illinois USA and 54 degrees right now at 6pm Central Standard time. My trees leaves have been changing colors for a couple weeks now. I honestly think we are in for a big bad winter storm. But it is long overdue for one here. The last BIG one we had was in 99'. We are due for one this year. But personally I hope we get a lot of snow this winter. Mainly because I just bought a brand new 2008 Chevy Silverado 3500HD 4x4 Dually 4 door and would like to test it out. LOL But it is a 6.6L turbo diesel and I noticed when I took a fifth wheel camper from Ausin Tx to High River AB, CN Montana got 3 feet of snow and I took Trans CN HWY1 all the way to Winnipeg to go back home to Illinois to avoid the snow.

So I think we are in for a big bad winter this year.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
This is wrong. This shouldn't be happening for at least another 6 weeks.
If this is global warming, I believe this winter will freeze us, and bury us under 8 feet of snow.

Actually those are polar opposites(pun intended). Remember last winter? It was only cold for about 3 weeks all winter but it was damn near a record for snow fall. 3 inches from a record that has been kept since the 1800's. Winter freezes us and snow fall will be down. Mediocre temps again and we're getting swamped again with snow. Such is life around the Great Lakes.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In Alaska, we just had our third coldest summer on record. Very few sunny days. I discussed this with someone a few days ago who was born here. He said he could not remember another summer this gloomy or cool.

Last winter was really gloomy and long as well. It seemed it would never end. Most days were below normal.

Even though the weather has been cooler in the extreme north, they claim the Arctic Ice is melting anyway. The numbers don't lie, the temperatures are cooler, so the ice melt is not related to the temperature. Nobody seems to be discussing this. Does not fit their pet theories I guess, so they pretend it is not true.

Workers I know from the Slope (Oil Workers on the North Slope Oil Fields) claim they are lying about the Polar Bears. Those who live and work there all winter are saying the opposite of what I see in the news. They say the Polar Bear population is getting out of control. Who do I believe, those who live there, or people from the UN who visited for a few days now and then???

It started snowing here a couple of weeks sooner than normal. Winter is underway here. Most of the Geese, Swans and other birds were gone a couple of weeks sooner than I recall in the past.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Todays date: October21
Weather..BLIZZARD outside!
The ground is white, the wind is blowing a mix of snowflakes and leaves, and it's COLD!
Damn geese were right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join