It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedimiller's Comic Con 08 report!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello friends. Well, I had my two weeks off. I know some of you wondered where I was, but trust me i'm better than ever!

I was at the comic con for an entire week staying at the Omni San Diego Hotel. That place was hot!

So preview night it was all about grabbing the goodies. Thursday I went shopping for Star Wars Mini busts and spent time meetting the people, just having a good time. Most of the time I was drunk, going from the convention to the bar. I've meet many celebs, I could not believe my eyes when Frank Darabont and Thomas Jane were just sitting there, they signed a cool print from the MIST. We talked about Indiana Jones and the crystal skull and frank lied about not seeing it. He's pissed at Lucas. Nevertheless, I got to talk to Thomas about the meaning of THE MIST and how it relates to terrorism.

I got to talk to William Scott, the greatest american hero, and he signed my comic book, aparently they have a series coming out. The guys from Star Trek were there giving out posters from the new movie. It was madness everywhere. From the pictures you can see the Watchmen vehicle, the new KITT car and other cool stuff. CHECK OUT THE PICTURES.

Thursday Night I went out and got really messed up, took two girls to my room. Well, you know the rest of the story. I had fun at the bars and dancing at the ALTITUDE SKYBAR.

Without a doubt, the best part of the comic con was the SLAVE LEIA photo shoot. I waited there for 2 hours for the girls to show up. there were tons of fans running around and you could barely get in, I managed to get some good shots. To be honest, some of those slave leia girls are ugly fugly shorties! Just one of them, which you'll see in the pic, actually looks like Carrie Fisher.

I missed the Terminator panels for the Chronicles, but got to meet the kid and the android chick. they were pretty cool. However, I managed to meet the makers of the GHOSTBUSTERS video game and that was absolutely amazing. The panel for the Ghostbusters got cancelled, so no DAN AYKROYD or ERNIE HUDSON. I was very dissapointed about that.

Sure, I look silly on those pictures, but the comic con is about letting your inner nerd come out and act goofy. I went out to the LUCASFILM party and that was pretty cool. Basically, I was up at 8 am and in bed at 3am.

The STAR WARS spectacular show was great! we got to see a scene from the CLONE WARS movie and meet the director and the voice actors. I purchased a few signed photographs. Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Jake Lloyd all from CELEBRATION JAPAN.

I was just walking around when HUGH JACKMAN shows up talking about the new WOLVERINE movie. He just went up the THE ATTACK OF THE SHOW booth and started talking. MARK HAMMIL also showed up and did the JOKER's voice in person. You can see the pic here also.

I got to meet MARK, the guy who designed the new MILLENIUM FALCON toy. it's huge and it fits all the figures. it was on display there and he signed the falcon. We talked for some time about my fascination and my collection.

Corey Feldman, Harold and Kumar showed up. Promoting the lost boys 2 and that horrible movie escape from Guantanamo. I didn't care about them at all. Corey is a sad kid. The lines were long

I got about 14 free Tshirts, 50+ promotional posters. The WB, Paramount, Lionsgate, FOX booths were all there giving out stuff and promoting their new TV shows or films. They gave out very cool STAR TREK posters for the new movie with the new crew and young KIRK.

Overall, it was another successful COMIC CON. And I wish that SO had sent me to the there as an ATS ambassador, I U2U's him about getting a table there and promoting the site, but never got a response. Maybe next year.

I could only post 60 pictures on Facebook, So i have more to show later on. In the meantime enjoy these and leave me some comments about them. I could tell you more, but it's hard to describe everything in detail. I'm glad to be back here at ATS. and by looking at the pics, i'm sure you can tell I had lots of fun!

Jedimiller reporting from San Diego.

COMIC CON PICS!
www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Man, you guys are ruthless! I don't even get a star for effort?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Excellent pictures, and good report, I just realized I havent been to a con in like 20 years.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great pictures man!

Never been to one of these.

Actually some of those girls weren't bad

I saw the picture of the girl from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

I love that show and she ain't bad at all!

[edit on 18-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Excellent effort, but lol, I think the mistake you made and the reason this is getting no views is because it's in travel.
Noone looks at travel.
Cool pics though.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No one looks at travel eh? that makes sense. Well, it's a tradition for me. I do the con every year, I been doing it since 1989. Thanks for the stars, and yes the teminator chicks and dude were there. short little kids. It was hella fun, but I had more fun with KITT

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Great pictures man!

Its the biggest in the world, where people from all cultures and likes meet once a year. Big pop culture event, not just comic books anymore. the studios are starting to show up. try to make it sometime Phoenix.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Great pictures man!

Its the biggest in the world, where people from all cultures and likes meet once a year. Big pop culture event, not just comic books anymore. the studios are starting to show up. try to make it sometime Phoenix.

Yeah why not. Someday I might check it out.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I was going to come here and say "Who's Jed Miller"? Until I saw who the OP was...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey, Jedi is back.
Or so I thought.

Too bad he got banned.

new topics

top topics

join