It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Masonic Organization...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Pardon me for being new to ATS, recently decided to stop lurking and post.

After reading this particular forum for a bit, I have a question.

What is to keep someone from starting their own "Masonic Lodge" out of the blue, and going around saying "Masonic this" and "Masonic that" ?

Is there some sort of central registry, or can an enterprising fellow just rent a building and put a few signs up and start collecting dues?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Symbiote]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The general thing seems to be based off of several of hand remarks from the Masons here on the board, that people can do just that, and have done just that before.
Beyond that, i'm not sure, but ti seems that it is possible for these groups to petition for acknowedgement from the GLE.
But the following question is, why?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
But the following question is, why?

Just wondering, figured some people here might be able to provide some interesting info.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sure, you could do that. There's nothing to stop you... no trademark on the word Mason; no legal grounds to keep you from calling yourself one.

The thing is, no real Masons would go near you and once word spread that you weren't the real deal there's really not a whole lot that you could do.

All "regular" Masons have sworn an oath not to "hold Masonic communication" with a "clandestine lodge". All regular lodges are working under the charter of a Grand Lodge. By doing so, that insures regularity. Grand Lodges recognize each other, and thus, visitors can come and sit and take part in lodge meetings, so long as they're members of a recognized Grand Lodge.

You can build your own tree fort, create your own membership criteria, and practice your own ritual, but it won't make you a Mason, nor would any real Mason ever recognize you as such..

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
One of the things you promise to do as a mason is not to assist in the raising of a clandestine or irregular lodge.

If there is a need for a new 'regular' masonic lodge in an area, a group of masons may petition the Grand Lodge for a charter and start a real lodge.

Lots of groups have attached themselves to masonry and have started so-called 'lodges' throughout history, and unfortunately a lot of their activities have given masonry a bad name.

We had a group locally that belonged to a lodge, but a lot of the guys worked 3rd shift and couldn't make the meetings. They wanted to continue in masonry so (with the full support of the other lodges in town) they created a 'daylight' lodge that meets during the day instead of in the evening.

That is an example of why a new lodge would be created.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The proper way that your to become a Mason is to ask another borther for a petition or application and go through,as far as starting your own from understanding your not allowed to but i'm pretty sure there are brothers that have,for some enlightenment read a book called Freemasonry,ancient egypt and the islamic destiny and that will give you a speculative view of what is going on.....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If you want to start a Fraternal Organization, why even use the Masons at all? Why not start your own Secret Society? Base it on what YOU want to find in others and go from there.

It's been done before, trust me.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

We should start an ATS 'Secret Society' !

The first rule of ATS Secret Society is to not talk about......

Ah dammit!

I already ruined it. Sorry guys.

new topics

top topics

join