It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covert Action Quarterly : Taking On The C.I.A. Head On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I just found this interesting alternative news source, where an ex-C.I.A. Agent is turning the tables on his former employers, the Central Intelligence Agency.

Wikipedia : Cover Action Quarterly

It's $20 a year for four issues, but I just wonder if it's worth it towards untangling the lies our tax-dollars have been bought, or if he is truly doing what he's telling the world he's doing, or in fact is a dis-information agent.

Covert Action Quarterly

I wonder if he's looking for employees.

Going To Your Public Library, Gathering Open Source Intelligence, and Surviving

Build Your Own Faraday Cage, Stop Nosey Listeners, and Survive

The World-Wide Web of Surveillance of Your Online/Offline Activities

[edit on 11-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not sure how much Philip Agee, the website creator, is telling now. Seems he died in Jan 2008, in Cuba.

I've read his book. It was interesting and he ID'd a couple hundred supposed CIA agents in it. And here we all got in an uproar about Plame being outed.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe no one has commented on this thread yet. I would have thought ATS'ers might be interested in this topic. I guess not.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow.

The sad thing is they havent done anything with this quarterly since 2005.

Where did issues 2006 and 2007 go?

sarc

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sarcastic

Maybe he was silenced? Maybe he was bought? He could be hired back by them.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yeah, you could say he was silenced, Philip Agee, the former CIA officer who started the publication died in Cuba this past January.

I remember him dropping the names of hundreds of CIA agents in his book.

There were many rumors that he was involved with the KGB and Cuban intelligence.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yeah, you could say he was silenced, Philip Agee, the former CIA officer who started the publication died in Cuba this past January.

I remember him dropping the names of hundreds of CIA agents in his book.

There were many rumors that he was involved with the KGB and Cuban intelligence.

Dropping Agents names would be extremely stupid, that's risking individuals lives, as for the clandestine acitivities of his former bosses however, you can do just enough to make them uncomfortable, without making people get killed in the process. Either him or them.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

agee was a traitor and an opportunist of the lowest sort. he put lives at risks by publishing agents' names up until he was forced, by an act of congress, to cease and desist.

i hear when he died his corpse was so crooked it had to be screwed into the ground.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

The question is who was telling the truth there.

I'm not questioning your integrity, I am however questioning the integrity of Congress.

Since they currently have their hands as dirty as Bush and Cheney in war-profiteering, it's difficult to believe anything they have to say about anyone.

I just thought that the Covert Action Quarterly was an interesting topic for ATS.

top topics

join