It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

63 years ago, there was no bell, no siren, just hell.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

63 years ago 8,000 Americans were dead in the Bataan Death March due to Japanese insanity.

Chinese women were enslaved in "service Brothels" for Japanes troops.

Sorry, no sympathy here.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Just a minor point,

When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, they did not announce they were coming to sink the US fleet and kill thousands of people.

They came, attacked and left.

Japan started the war with the US and the US ended the War with 2 atomic weapons.

Lets just always remember, there are two sides to every story,

The most simple answer is usually the best. Cities were carpet bombed to no end during WW2. Berlin, London........so on and so forth. The goal was pure "destruction" from both sides. No care for civilian casualties were taken.

Why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? Simply for the purpose of "destruction" of the US fleet. Why destruction? So Japan could successfully take out and "destroy" the United States. Wait I'm starting to see a theme here.........destruction..........

What would have Japan done to the US populace had they succeeded? Destruction.

What did Japan do to China and their civilian populace? Destruction.

What would have happened had the bombs not been dropped? Destruction.

What happened when the bombs were dropped? Destruction and the end of WW2. The final end of destruction brought on by destruction.

Talking about the morality of using the bomb is pointless. The goal of war is destruction regardless. No matter what side you're on you're fighting for the destruction of the other side. What was the easiest way to ensure destruction of Japan? The bomb. Did it work? Yep........enough said......

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

Funny thing, ICE,

I seem to remember reading different.

It was a Japanese minister-don't remember which one, that siad, they will never forgive the US.

Just saying......................

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What happened then had to happen and the past is the past. War is nothing but horrible whether it be an atomic bomb or someone stabbing another human being. Wars are fought by animals too, not just humans. I'm afraid that war is what we humans do best.

Thanks for the pictures and presentation OP it truly was a horrible war and hopefully all sides have learned from this.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
great post and pics thanks for sharing star and flagged my friend

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

It was a Japanese minister-don't remember which one, that siad, they will never forgive the US.

Just saying......................

Before or after? According to my research and that of many others, the US had been ignoring Japan's attempts to surrender for quite some time. They had already been militarily defeated before the bombs were dropped. Their only caveat was that they did not wish to give up their emperor, but the US insisted on an "unconditional surrender".

In July, before the leaders of the U.S., Great Britain, and the Soviet Union met at Potsdam, the Japanese government sent several radio messages to its ambassador, Naotake Sato, in Moscow, asking him to request Soviet help in mediating a peace settlement. "His Majesty is extremely anxious to terminate the war as soon as possible", said one communication. "Should, however, the United States and Great Britain insist on unconditional surrender, Japan would be forced to fight to the bitter end." [12]

On July 25, while the Potsdam meeting was taking place, Japan instructed Sato to keep meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Molotov to impress the Russians "with the sincerity of our desire to end the war [and] have them understand that we are trying to end hostilities by asking for very reasonable terms in order to secure and maintain our national existence and honor" (a reference to retention of Emperor Hirohito). [13]

Having broken the Japanese code years earlier, Washington did not have to wait to be informed by the Soviets of these peace overtures; it knew immediately, and did nothing. Indeed, the National Archives in Washington contains U.S. government documents reporting similarly ill-fated Japanese peace overtures as far back as 1943.

-from www.doublestandards.org...

[edit on 8/14/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ice,

I am referring to a statement in the news one to two weeks ago.

I think he keep it low key by doing something like never forgive the act, not the country.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Oh I see. I misunderstood what you wrote.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If the time arrives, I will visit Hiroshima and experience this myself.

The people who dropped the bomb knew what the outcome would be, they knew then, and they know what will happen if done again. The bombs now are a lot more powerful, and I know, without any doubt, that man will do such an act without thinking twice again. And this is what saddens me.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Yeah, and more then 1 million American and 5 million Japanese lives where saved...

Guess you didn't have any family members waiting to invade mainland Japan and suffer the huge losses predicted by US military...

edited by seagull, forum mod. to remove rude remark.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by seagull]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hands down, this is the finest thread I've ever seen on this site.

Better than the breaking of the news in Stevensville; better than my reporting here, that Jim Marrs got booted off Coast to Coast tonight (on another lame thread) because of the crazy lightening happening in my city...

Yes, this thread is amazing and I wanted to tell you this before some jackass comes around and says otherwise.

I was there in Japan in 2003-4 as a teacher, and I found small monuments, but nothing as amazing as this...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
very lovely i enjoyed every peice of your post
yes i have been to hiroshima also, and it's a very quiet and unnerving place to be, esp if you are american!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Big deal!!!!

The atomic bombs combined did not kill as many people as the conventional bombing of Tokyo did.

You idiots that think the U.S. was so terrible just love to forget that Japan had attacked the United States (and Great Britain, Holland, France etc,), and that they murdered hundreds of thousands of prisoners (both civilians and military prisoners).

In every country they "liberated" they raped thousands of native women, murdered men and boys and enslaved the local population. They took Korean women and forced them into their military brothels.

They used prisoners of war as subjects in their biological warfare and their poison gas experiments in Manchuria.

If the atomic bombs had not been utilized, the Japanese planned to kill hundreds of thousands of troops invading Japan. How many Japanese citizens would have died, along with the hundreds of thousands of allied troops? Nobody knows, but it would have been a LOT more than died in the two atomic bombings.

The Japanese started the war, but they want to whimper about how it ended. Frankly, the Americans should have dropped an atomic bomb on Tokyo, and eliminated about 2 million of them. Tokyo is a flat plain, and the bomb would have been a LOT more effective there.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I've also been to both Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and let me tell you, I was very ashamed to be an American even though I hadn't even been born when the cities were destroyed. As I think of all the innocent women and children who were vaporized by weapons funded by American taxpayers, it breaks my heart. Hopefully humans can learn from their mistakes, ne?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

A response to the post about Japan not working on a atomic weapon

www.japanprobe.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The japenese deserved it, you should read some accounts from the POWS.
good photos OP, its good people take the time to see this type of place, its bad to see some peoples posting comments like they are. Star and Flagged. Have you been to Pearl Harbour?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join