It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Are you for real?

You can't be as ignorant as you appear. Please read the news - multiple sources is best.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

Scorcha Faal

Need I say anything more?

Yes, for the new members...

Scorcha Faal is the BIGGEST internet Hoaxster in the world...

There are TONS of ATS threads about this person...

Pretty much, if Faal says it, its garbage...

Otherwise, this headline could be terrorfying...

But its 99.9% garbage...

And EVEN IF russia wanted to do this, they wouldnt publize it...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

This War started when Georgia shot down two Russian planes and then shelled a Russian base killing ten and wounding thirty. That was the scratch that woke the Russian Bear.

There are currently 1200 Marines in Georgia along with Israeli and US advisors - one has already been captured by the Russians. And they already found the body of an American Black with US insignias and Devildog tattoos.

Read any Russian Newspaper - They all know America caused this. The Russian people are angry at America. They know the truth.

Georgia is Russia's Route to Iran. Russia is cut off from Iran and an American/EU Armada is sailing towards Iran. Russia can't help their Ally in Iran, until they deal with Georgia.

The time is ripe for an American Attack on Iran.

I can't believe the people in America actually think Russia Started this... I guess the propaganda is being doled out in mass Quantity in the US. But then again, Americans are stupid and only believe it if it's on TV; well guess who the TV is blaming for starting this WAR.... Russia.

Americans don't realize how much the rest of the world hates them. They are just so ignorant of their reputation.

Sorcha Fall no doubt reads the news like everyone else. Just because she comments on it doesn't mean it isn't real or hasn't happened.

However, She is great for building strawman arguments and denying reality by discrediting actual news... but who actually takes her seriously? No one.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by TKainZero

This War started when Georgia shot down two Russian planes and then shelled a Russian base killing ten and wounding thirty. That was the scratch that woke the Russian Bear.

From what the Russians and Georgians said in the UN on Friday.. Georgian attacked a convey which the Russians said was on humanitarian aid to the breakaway Provence prior to any bombings. Georgian said this convey was supplying the militia with weapons, hence why they bombed it from the air.

As to why Georgians then decided to hammer the Capital is unclear to me still. I'm guessing perhaps some of the conveys made it in.

This convoy entered the break away Provence which Georgian says still falls under their ownership.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What started this war happened long before any military violence occurred.

Let's face it, Ossettia wanted to break away from it's Georgian governance - probably because of the demographic of the area, with strong ties, and close allegiance, to the Russian community.

How Georgia dealt with this was 'old school', and those in the region were bullied by lack of social service support and other such necessities. Sort of like how if a state in the US refuses the RealID their citizens pay the price by being hassled by all the federal services.

Russia may have sent a 'relief' convoy, but we all know what 'relief' can really mean in today's world. If Georgia suspected Russia of fomenting dissent and supporting a paramilitary purpose or not, their response seems to say that will be the claim.

Those in Russia who were rushing to aid Russian citizens ('volunteers', I believe they were called at the time) should have withdrawn the Russian citizens from the area. Instead they prepared for a siege, and engaged in military resitance. (Remember Grenada?)

All the rest is bravado and reckless bullying. People trapped in the conflict need to be shielded from the hell raining down on them.

I'm not sure how we can ignore the fact that this is very dangerous, especially since we are seeing the war becoming more and more strategic as oil flow is threatened (the spice must flow).

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Can a mod please change the freaking title?

Jesus, I just woke up and here I find this on the front page. NOT a good way to start the day
I almost ran upstairs and told my parents America and Russia were on the brink of war.

Fear-mongering threads should result in warnings.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
IMO anything with David Booth (ie Sorcha Faal) as a source should be relegated to Skunk Works or The Grey area. Heck I hate to even post on a thread involving David Booth's drivel. The crap that comes out of his alter ego contaminates the credibillity of any alt-news site that allows links to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I just read that the Ukraine might get sucked into this .... ABC new reporting

"Ukraine Says It Reserves Right to Bar Russian Navy
Ukraine says it reserves right to bar Russian ships from entering to their Crimean baseUkraine warned Russia on Sunday it could bar Russian navy ships from returning to their base in the Crimea because of their deployment to Georgia's coast. Ukraine's Foreign Ministry said the deployment of a Russian naval squadron to Georgia's Black sea coast has the potential of drawing Ukraine into the conflict. "In order to prevent the circumstances in which Ukraine could be drawn into a military conflict ... Ukraine reserves the right to bar ships which may take part in these... "

www.abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

You know about Sorcha Faal. Why did you even post this? What next? Stories from the Weekly World News?

New members, check out Sorcha Faal before you bother with this. It will save you from wasting time with a lot of nonsense in the future, if you know the source is pure fiction.

AllSeeingI, you should be ashamed

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Are you for real?

You can't be as ignorant as you appear. Please read the news - multiple sources is best.

I’m Slightly Confused TruthTellist.....

Which part am I being ignorant about?

Not believing Faal? or the information I posted?

Well anyone with any belief in the "truth" as your name suggest does not ever take Sarcha Faal or What Does it Mean seriously, at all, except herself and the other real fringe loonies.

However you mentioned multiple sources are best. I always agree my friend so as you asked.

Firstly on the upcoming Russian Naval exercise. It is actually an extension of the Indra Exercises here;

INDRA is bi-annual naval exercise between India and Russia. This exercise was started in 2003. The exercise was part of an Overseas Deployment (OSD) to the South East and East Asian regions. The exercise, primarily aimed at enhancing mutually beneficial cooperative engagement between the navies of the two countries, was christened INDRA. This was derived from the country names viz. India and Russia. [1]

WIKI on INDRA

Is that ok? try Global security or Jane’s if Wiki is not ok.

Now that these exercises have been stepped up recently here;

MOSCOW, August 5 (RIA Novosti) - Russian Tu-160 Blackjack and Tu-95 Bear strategic bombers will join the Russian navy in a series of exercises in the Indian Ocean, the Air Force commander said on Tuesday.

The Russian State Media RIA

So that’s the official unofficial Russian story, a bit more here;

'We are preparing the flights of our strategic aircraft to the Indian ocean to practise interoperability with the Russian navy task force in the region,' Col. Gen. Alexander Zelin said Tuesday.

Malaysian Sun

Now onto firstly the Buzzing of the US aircraft carriers by Russian Bombers;

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- American fighter jets intercepted two Russian bombers, one of which buzzed a U.S. aircraft carrier in the western Pacific on Saturday, U.S. military officials told CNN Monday.

CNN

Yep that event is real too my friend,

Now onto the continued increase in airspace breaches by fully loaded Strategic Nuclear bombers into European Nato and UK airspace recently;

Russia resumed strategic bomber patrol flights over the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans last August, following an order signed by former president Vladimir Putin.

"Since August 2007, Russian strategic bombers have carried out about 150 patrol flights with tactical interference of foreign aircraft, which accompanied our planes on their missions and in some instances jeopardized the success of these missions," Zelin said.

RIAN Russian News Agency

Zelin above if you are not sure is the Head Honcho for this part of the russian Military.

Here too;

In August 2007, former President Vladimir Putin signed an order to resume air patrols in remote areas by long range aircraft, which had been suspended since the collapse of the Soviet Union 15years earlier.

RIAN Russian news Agency again

Now onto the fact that they have been pushing the boundaries of the modern world after the collapse of the Soviet union here;

Russian warplanes breach NATO airspace
LONDON (AP) — British and Norwegian jets intercepted Russian military aircraft Friday after they breached NATO airspace close to the U.K. and Finland, defence officials said.

Two British "Tornado" F3 jets intercepted two Russian long-range bombers, Britain's defence ministry said, without revealing precisely where the incident took place.

USA Today

And further here;

LONDON: Royal Air Force fighter jets were scrambled after two Russian bombers were intercepted off the coast of Norway, the defence ministry said yesterday, after reports they were heading for British airspace. Two RAF Tornados from Britain's rapid reaction force took off from RAF base Leeming in northern England on Tuesday after two Royal Norwegian Air Force F-16s intercepted two Tu95 "Bear" bombers, it said.

Kuwait Times

You see therefore that indeed I do know what im talking about, and im sorry to say but it is yourself who has been shown to be ignorant.

Do a go ogle first my friend, it has a news part too!

This is real, ongoing, deepening and very very delicate situation for the world, to state as you do against the facts makes me feel you are afraid of the truth or have an agenda in suppressing it!

Surely you cant be that ignorant?

So tell us why you would want to suppress the truth? Especially as your name implies its important for you?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some of the artciles you posted abover (while true, are old). Theis thread was started by supposed new breaking news about Russia saying they are going to attack the US Armada. Very misleading and not even true.

Russia isnt THAT stupid.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The source posted is rubbish, absolutely rubbish.

I will add thought, that everyone has been ignoring the sleeping giant in the north. Such focus and emphasis has been put on china and the middle east that most have forgotten about Russia. Heck a couple of younger students I overheard thought russia didnt even have a military anymore.

Needless to say. Im an not one to speculate, but this is not settling well with me. I have heard of practice runs russia has made in the past near US ships and bases. I believe in one event they got within 100km? The number may be off but I remember it being very close in terms of safe zones.

I have a feeling russia is on its way up and will do so quite quickly. I fear for my family in europe, all I really have to add. If russia messes with any of em they are going to have to deal with me.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that the USA must be involved? There is no way Bush will interfere with what the Russians are doing. They may recognize it as bad move by Russia, but even with the war-mongering Bush administration at the helm, for the USA to have two wars ..@ the same time would be ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Even if this where true, Georgia has no moral high ground to scream from unless Russia goes to far as they may well be doing. (slaughtering everything that moves)

As far as the reports ive seen coming out from almost all sources, It was Georgia who did the invading?

They invaded South Ossetia which is full of Russians? if that is true then this has to be left to the UN to clear up, Because it looks like a set up by russia to me and the Georgians fell right into it, if thats right then Georgia will be trying to involve everyone and his friends to get involved, Russia has an excuse, Georgia has an excuse because they have been getting shelled from that area, Bush and Cheney well they just want to play with dolls, and the UN where already there observing and passing out aid, the only real place for refugees to run is to the UN buffer zone, its a total mess, but done on purpose?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And now Saudi Arabia is buying more jets ...

War ships, planes, missiles amassing around Gulf
In preparation for the UN decision on new sanctions against Iran over of its nuclear program, while Tehran considers blockading the Strait of Hormuz, Western fleets are approaching. Saudi Arabia is buying jets, and Kuwait is activating its "emergency war plan".

Kuwait City (AsianNews) - Iran says that it is "ready to confront sanctions" from the UN in connection with its nuclear program, which will continue forward "under any circumstances"; Saudi Arabia is preparing to buy 72 more Eurofighter Typhoon jets; United States, British, and French warships are increasing the military presence in the Persian Gulf; Kuwait is activating its "emergency war plan".

There's a show of muscle in the Gulf, in preparation for the report from the deputy director of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Olli Heinonen, who visited Tehran on August 7 to clarify the offer of the "5 plus 1" (the permanent members of the UN Security Council - United States, Russia, China, Great Britain, and France - plus Germany) in exchange for the suspension of Iran's nuclear fuel enrichment program. The Iranian response - expected to be a rejection or a delay - will bring a request for a new sanctions, which could be discussed at the next general assembly of the United Nations, scheduled for September 23- October 1.

In recent days, Arab observers have emphasized the concurrence of the threat of new sanctions, and Iran's announcement that it has prepared ground-to-air missiles with a range of 300 kilometers, which is more than sufficient to close the "oil gate": the Strait of Hormuz, about 50 kilometers wide, between Iran and Oman. The Middle East Times highlights that Western aircraft carriers and battleships are approaching the Gulf, on their return from exercises in the Atlantic aimed at breaking a possible blockade of the Strait. It is the largest naval deployment in these waters since the two Gulf wars.

Beyond the unfortunate hypothesis of a military confrontation, the presence of Western naval forces could suggest a blockade of Iranian oil exports and imports. Although it is the second largest oil producer in OPEC, Iran is forced to import gasoline, because its refineries are insufficient for its domestic needs. Fuel is already being rationed, and a blockade of its imports would have a devastating impact on the Iranian economy.

www.asianews.it...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How did a crap news item like this get so many flags?

Kinda disappointing.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thankyou allseeingeye!
As usual I trust you to be on your toes to bring us the latest breaking news reguardless of the source. In the current situation it is best to keep a watchful eye on any and all sources.
I had a deep sinking feeling about bush and putin at the olympics together, and it is entirely possible that your OP could be right up there with the greatest of truths. I do not doubt a word as possible.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well.. This can only end badly for all sides...As far back as another massive war would put us as a species and as much as I don't want that there may not be a choice. I might get angry sometimes but Ill stand behind America to the very end. If they attack our ships, or commit any other acts of war we must annihilate them.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Raverous]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
Can a mod please change the freaking title?

Jesus, I just woke up and here I find this on the front page. NOT a good way to start the day
I almost ran upstairs and told my parents America and Russia were on the brink of war.

Fear-mongering threads should result in warnings.

Same, my heart skipped about 100 beats when I opened this thread but realized the source.

This obviously isn't for real and there are no credible sources to this.

If there are, and this is really happening, then, well, uhm,

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Its real ... don't deceive yourself

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join